Re: Weapon Sigils and procs

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheMountain.6204

TheMountain.6204

I have a noob question. If I put Sup Sigil of Force on my off hand weapon and the 2 uses for that weapon are non damage (like block projectiles and a knock back) would the Sigil be wasted? Should I have the Sigil on the mainhand weapon that deals the damage or do I get the 5% boost no matter how the damage is applied?

Similar question, if I put a Sigil on that is only activated on critical hits would that be wasted as well on that off hand weapon?

Posted by: Black Iris Flowers.3418

Black Iris Flowers.3418

The 5% damage increase is for all damage you are outputting while that weapon is equipped, including your main hand, skills, and traits. Same goes for critical- any critical you get off while that weapon is equipped will be rolled into the sigil.

TheMountain.6204

I was hoping that was the case otherwise I’d have to shell out a lot of gold to fix the situation.
Tyvm

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Sigils apply to every skill you use, not just the skills associated with that specific weapon. A sigil on your Offhand can trigger from your auto attack, your utilities, whatever. Doesn’t matter where the sigil is slotted, the game doesn’t differentiate.

The only thing that matters as far as which weapon you put your sigils on is cost. If you’re using a cheaper sigil and a more expensive sigil, you ideally want to put the more expensive one on the type of weapon your class has the least of.

For instance, Ranger has 2 mainhand weapons but 4 offhand weapons. You’d want the more expensive weapon on your swords and mainhand axes so you don’t need to buy as many of those sigils.

Oh, and I know you didn’t ask, but just for the sake of clarity, sigils don’t stack. Don’t go thinking you can slot a Force sigil in both weapons and get 10% damage. You’ll just be wasting one of the sigils. You always need to be using different sigils in weapon sets, though you would want a Force sigil in each of your weapon swaps (So if you’re using Sword / Sword and Axe / Axe as your 2 current weapon sets, you want a Force sigil in 1 sword and 1 axe).

TheMountain.6204

Thank you for your help.

Another question I’ve wondered about.. For Sigils that activate on weapon swap, how does this work on an Elementalist? Does it apply when they switch attunements?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Thank you for your help.

Another question I’ve wondered about.. For Sigils that activate on weapon swap, how does this work on an Elementalist? Does it apply when they switch attunements?

Yes. Also applies to engi using weapon kits. Picking up/dropping environmental weapons like elementalist conjured weapons also count. Warrior banners, necro shroud, Celestial Avatar and other transforms also count. Sigils in your weapons also remain in effect while transformed.

Posted by: Black Iris Flowers.3418

Black Iris Flowers.3418

Thank you for your help.

For Elementalists it’s switching attunements, for Engineers it is equipping/unequipping weapon kits, and Necromancers it is both on weapon swap and when entering/leaving Death Shroud.

It should be noted though, that all ‘on swap’ skills have an internal cooldown of 9 seconds. Even if you spam switch attunements or kits you will only get the affect every 9 seconds