Re-election ... Keil and Evon?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

isnt it about time we re-elected the next guy or girl in Polictics.

would like to see a re-election

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

Only 1 year terms? But then they’d do nothing but campaign while in office. Need to at least give them 2 years so they work for 1 year and then spend the next year campaigning.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

You mean another bullkitten election where one contestant is designed to be the goody winner and the other the bad guy who’s going to lose ?

If it’s no tied with “depending on who wins you’ll get this content and you’ll lose the other content forever”, sure. If not, no thank you.

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Makes no sense anyway…

We lost enough pirates captain council members against Scarlet, so there ar eplenty of open seats to fill, if I am not mistaken

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

U need the town rebuilt first.

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

Makes no sense anyway…

We lost enough pirates captain council members against Scarlet, so there ar eplenty of open seats to fill, if I am not mistaken

Funny thing is, all those worthless vermin survived, while the people they were supposed to protect (for example, by listening to the warnings of the Pact Commander and right-hand man of the Grand Marshal or whatever Trahearne is) died left and right. (Of course, we only have to look as far as the current “writing team” to understand the sole reason why everything happened so nonsensically.)

I’d rather see the entire Council thrown into the shallow waters from Diverse Ledges — sans Kiel, maybe… at least she tried to warn those pathetic scum of the coming danger. However, I’d still want her removed from her seat.

As for Evon, he had all the wealth in the world to prepare against an invasion, but he did nothing but mumble under his muzzle about the coming doom and curse those who hadn’t voted for him. Imagine if he’d built anti-air batteries all over the bay and raised a personal, highly trained and geared mercenary army privy to the tactics of Scarlet’s alliances… he’d have become the hero of the people who’d have outright defenestrated the Council in order to make way for the ascendance of Lord Commodore Evon Gnasblade the First, High Admiral of Lion’s Arch and the Sea of Sorrows… right after the dust settled, revealing that Scarlet’s puny invasion was crushed on the second day, with the Breachmaker shot down before any ley-line-threatening drilling could’ve commenced.

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

Posted by: Acinonyx Rex.8609

Acinonyx Rex.8609

Only 1 year terms? But then they’d do nothing but campaign while in office. Need to at least give them 2 years so they work for 1 year and then spend the next year campaigning.

InGame’s time has a factor 12, so a year lasts 4380 days (2Hours IRL is 24H IG, but 1 year IRL is 1 year IG). That’s plenty of time for campaigning.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Aren’t those seats for life unless the council ousts you? And even if there were ‘re-elections’ all the other council members have been in office longer than Ellen Kiel.

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Not to mention that one of the zephyrite ships also got downed, it’s gonna take long before another election or dragon bash would happen.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

well in Guildwars 2 Real time.. Kiel has had longer than a year in power.

so surely its time for another election

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m pretty sure seats on the captains council are for life. Or at least until you step down or do something to get yourself kicked out. (And getting kicked out of a council of pirates would be impressive.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Funny thing is, all those worthless vermin survived, while the people they were supposed to protect (for example, by listening to the warnings of the Pact Commander and right-hand man of the Grand Marshal or whatever Trahearne is) died left and right. (Of course, we only have to look as far as the current “writing team” to understand the sole reason why everything happened so nonsensically.)

I’d rather see the entire Council thrown into the shallow waters from Diverse Ledges — sans Kiel, maybe… at least she tried to warn those pathetic scum of the coming danger. However, I’d still want her removed from her seat.

As for Evon, he had all the wealth in the world to prepare against an invasion, but he did nothing but mumble under his muzzle about the coming doom and curse those who hadn’t voted for him. Imagine if he’d built anti-air batteries all over the bay and raised a personal, highly trained and geared mercenary army privy to the tactics of Scarlet’s alliances… he’d have become the hero of the people who’d have outright defenestrated the Council in order to make way for the ascendance of Lord Commodore Evon Gnasblade the First, High Admiral of Lion’s Arch and the Sea of Sorrows… right after the dust settled, revealing that Scarlet’s puny invasion was crushed on the second day, with the Breachmaker shot down before any ley-line-threatening drilling could’ve commenced.

There are plenty of examples where credible warnings go unheeded, often deliberately for one reason or another. q.v. current frap over fracking, carbon emissions, the 9/11 attacks, the corporate-military complex, your favorite conspiracy theory. What have you. Honestly, in the time frame they had to work with, the best they likely could have managed was an evacuation. Scarlet brought the thunder; she had more resources than the combined economic power of any two kingdoms (not realistic, but there it is), and she threw the brunt of it at the city.

I’m glad I’m not the only on that sees E as the ineffectual whiner who chose to save his own interests that he is, rather than the second coming of Treesus. Penguin should be along any minute now ;D