Re: to "Accidently bought armor" ANET Employee

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yareon.2835

Yareon.2835

In this thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Accidently-bought-armor/first#post662928
CC Eva from ANET wrote this:
“Hello Zoid.
Yes, there are other players like you who accidentally bought items that they did not need. In these cases, I am afraid, Customer Support does not do refunds as the purchase was the player´s mistake and not something created or cause by a bug or internal error. In this respect, some players have already suggested a confirmation popup system when purchasing in the Suggestion subforum.
we proceed now to close the thread.
Thanks for your understanding.”

As that topic (as every other “bought not wanted things”) has been closed right after an answer that does not helps with a similar problem of other people and I can’t ask for more clarification I need to open another similar topic.

The superior runes from dungeon vendors doesn’t mention “soulbound” in the vendor tooltip, but they’re in fact soulbound on acquire.
Me and some other players bought this items on wrong characters but it isn’t obviously a player’s mistake.

CC Eva wrote “Customer Support does not do refunds as the purchase was the player´s mistake and not something created or cause by a bug or internal error.”
So: does Customer Support DO refunds if the purchase is causef by an interal error (wrong tooltip) as in my case?
Please, don’t say “contact customer support” as I (and others) did it and they said to us “sorry, no refund for wrong purchase” but this “wrong purchase” was caused by an error from ANET.

I wanted to ask this in one of these “wrong buy” topics with an ANET comment in it but can’t do it because they’re closed as soon as an ANET comment is posted.

p.s. english is not my mother language

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

What will really get your goat is when you preview an armor piece and it buys it for you…

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Actually, whether it was a player error or an internal error, they won’t do any refunds. there were already a number of issues regarding the MF or something and even then, they couldn’t do the refund. Though I remember one guy probably got his stuff back, i’m just not sure.

oh! I believe this was regarding faulty recipes (like some of the mystic stuff) and other recipes as well. (forgot the rest tho)

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Yeah, even if was a bug error, a loss from server roll-back, whatever, don’t expect help or refund. You can earn it again…

Posted by: Ned Stark.9356

Ned Stark.9356

Yareon I wouldn’t hold my breath on them replacing it. Hell I bet they wouldn’t even admit it was their mistake and would edit their copy/paste reply of
(Customer Support does not do refunds as the purchase was the player´s mistake and not something created or cause by a bug or internal error.) to
(Customer Support does not do refunds as the purchase was the player´s mistake of being misled by developers and not something created or cause by a bug or internal error.)

Posted by: Day.4501

Day.4501

It wasnt an error on their side, the OP stated that his mouse sometimes double clicks. How is it their fault?

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I wear out my mice pretty bad so I only buy cheap logitech ones. So I get the double click issue pretty often. >.<

Gladly I have never had this happen in GW2 yet, but I think they should be a sell back option, especially for dungeon vendors and the like. A couple of times I have bought the wrong armor from karma vendors, but its not as big a issue as other more expensive things.

Posted by: Ned Stark.9356

Ned Stark.9356

It wasnt an error on their side, the OP stated that his mouse sometimes double clicks. How is it their fault?

This is what the OP is talking about:

The superior runes from dungeon vendors doesn’t mention “soulbound” in the vendor tooltip, but they’re in fact soulbound on acquire.
Me and some other players bought this items on wrong characters but it isn’t obviously a player’s mistake.

So yes the fault lies with Anet. Be a little more attentive.

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Happened to me with pact victory tokens but not sure why you expect to get a refund. Anyone can claim that their mouse double clicked and abuse it if they allowed refunds they should just put an option where it brings up a buy confirmation window

Posted by: HeeHee.5208

HeeHee.5208

Ya I had a look too, the runes do not say anything unlike the armor.

Considering there is information along the lines on items already in the game such as ‘Soulbound on acquire’, ‘Soulbound on use’, or nothing at all like white items but you can trade freely as a result, it is reasonable to conclude, particular based on the latter point, that the dungeon vendor runes are freely tradeable…

I’m a bit baffled by Arenanet’s response… I have a feeling they did not read the customer’s request clearly or took efforts to verify that it was not clearly Arenanet’s fault. At the very least, it is INDIRECTLY their fault – i would definitely agree on that.

At least i know not to buy dungeon vendor runes! :O