Balsa.3951

like the title says

happy weekend

Attachments:

Real life Quagan

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aleglast.6027

Aleglast.6027

Quaggan are hell bent to rule the human world! they are here for our souls! THEY ARE HERE FOR OUR BABIES! DDDDDDDDD: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GUARDIANS OF THE LIGHT We are DragonBrand
Join us and RISE to the challenge!

Real life Quagan

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

dayuummmmmmmmmmmmmm

Real life Quagan

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

Heh, I noticed pictures of these dolphins a few months ago and showed them to my boyfriend saying the same thing. They really do look identical if you only see their heads. Makes me wonder if quaggans were modeled after them. ._.

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

Real life Quagan

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

axolotl

Attachments:

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Real life Quagan

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

So… I herd u liek Quaggans?

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Real life Quagan

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

like the title says

happy weekend

Yeah, they were (partly) designed after Irrawaddy Dolphins.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Real life Quagan

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Heh, I noticed pictures of these dolphins a few months ago and showed them to my boyfriend saying the same thing. They really do look identical if you only see their heads. Makes me wonder if quaggans were modeled after them. ._.

They kind of were.

“The quaggans originally showed up as more roly-poly, almost cartoony creatures, and they were quickly adopted as a cute aquatic race. Their original round appearance proved challenging to rig for animation, so they went through a number of iterations, at one point slimming down and becoming more like dolphins. Later they regained some of their weight but retained a beaver-shaped tail from earlier designs.”

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Mostly_Harmless_Quaggan

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Real life Quagan

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

They kind of were.

“The quaggans originally showed up as more roly-poly, almost cartoony creatures, and they were quickly adopted as a cute aquatic race. Their original round appearance proved challenging to rig for animation, so they went through a number of iterations, at one point slimming down and becoming more like dolphins. Later they regained some of their weight but retained a beaver-shaped tail from earlier designs.”

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Mostly_Harmless_Quaggan

That’s actually pretty interesting. Before I saw pictures of that species, I’d never have thought Quaggans were modeled after any kind of dolphins.

Just noticed that on the Quaggan wiki page, it also mentions in the Trivia section that their faces are very similar to the Irrawaddy dolphins. It’s so entertaining knowing a real species has that same dopey Quaggan smile.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

Real life Quagan

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

A few months back, a dev mentioned that Quaggans were modelled after the Manatee

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Real life Quagan

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

A few months back, a dev mentioned that Quaggans were modelled after the Manatee

I think actually alot of sea mammals influenced the apperance of quaggans, orcas for the black quaggan for example.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Real life Quagan

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Kill it with fire!

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)