Really ANet? Re: Quaggan Rave

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Peacock.6412

Peacock.6412

Was it really necessary to remove the Quaggan ‘rave dance’ animation? Because that just took a huge element of fun out of the game… and I don’t see WHERE that would have a thing to do with balance.

Please restore our popular Quaggan dance style!

TYVM,
An upset Quaggan

Unashamedly Qoo Qoo for Quaggans!

Posted by: GuuAlt.8349

GuuAlt.8349

Quaggan seconds this! It was the only fun Quaggan could have in such a violent land. Quaggan is not pleased with this!

Posted by: Chazz.6709

Chazz.6709

Btw … complaining about this ? what about the important stuff like the dodge barrel roll ? it doesn’t work aswell …

“All genius said it’s impossible – until someone just did it.”

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

Nooooo….why!?

Complaining about such a trivial thing feels ridiculous and yet, it was completely unnecessary to fix this innocuous bug that was so much fun that it could have been thought of as intentional for the sake of the enjoyment and entertainment of the players.

This is a sad day for every Quaggan

Please restore the rave.

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

Quaggan seconds this! It was the only fun Quaggan could have in such a violent land. Quaggan is not pleased with this!

Are you speaking for yourself, some Quaggan, all Quaggan? How do Quaggan even get enough Quaggan together for a rave? How did you become so sapient and still speak in the third person?

Performed by Quaggan, the ’Who’s on First’ skit would tear kitten in reality or a whole.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

…that was one of my favorite things about GW2.

Why did this even need to happen?

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

I’m all in favor of fixing all the bugs.. but this one hurts.

Maybe could we at least get some kind of explanation? Like whatever was causing this to work was also causing other unintended thing that was actually causing problems?

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

Quaggan baked you a cookie, but quaggan eat’d it =(

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

Maybe could we at least get some kind of explanation? Like whatever was causing this to work was also causing other unintended thing that was actually causing problems?

This seems perfectly reasonable.

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

Quaggan baked you a cookie, but quaggan eat’d it =(

“What have we got officer?”
“Well detective, nothing certain yet. Anywhere from one quaggan to all quaggan were involved in baking a cookie, anywhere from one quaggan to all quaggan were involved in eating that cookie.”
“You’re wrong about one thing officer, we do know one thing for certain….”
The detective removes his sunglasses with enough swagger to make his mastery of kungkittenobvious.
“The only cookie has crumbled.”

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

(edited by Psientist.6437)

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

A krewe assistant came running in to the lab where Zerina was working on her Quaggan test subject number 1064, which was screaming in pain as the magineuroaoamplifiers were given more power.

“Some news just came in. Apparently it seems that Quaggans can no longer “rave” dance, whatever that is. What could it mean?”

“I’m not sure,” Zerina responded “but I do know one thing. An unhappy quaggan is no use at all to Tyria, and they aren’t that useful to begin with. They’re pretty much only good for front line fodder, which is why we’re studying how much pain they can take.”

“What can we do?” the krewe assistant asked.

Zerina pondered for a moment.

“I think we have enough data regarding how much pain the average quaggan can take, “Zerina said pointing at the large stack of lab notes covering over one thousand quaggan pain test subjects “and should be ready to discuss with the Arcane Council. If we can adjust the magineuroamplifiers from pain analysis to motor control, I bet we can have those useless quaggans dancing to their hearts content. It may hurt, a lot, but at least they’ll be happy.”

Zerina and the assistant began to remove the now lifeless body of quaggan pain test subject 1064 from the lab and resetting the lab for quaggan rave dancing tests.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: wolfie.2841

wolfie.2841

“waves at momma” i agree. this was a super cute feature and added to those of us who rp quaggans. perhaps it was unintended and they will give it back?!
thanks.

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

you guys still havent figured it out yet… you are a cog in the cash machine for anet. You are not supposed to have fun… you are not supposed to be a hero or the focus… The onlything you are allowed to do of your own free will and volition is throw cash/credit cards at your screen for anet.

on a more serious note, it is likely it was causing other code to function improperly. but on the off chance it is not, I would like to thank the dev team for focusing on non issues over the real issues. Otherwise, thanks for the fix!

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Let’s imagine that SAB bugs were related to this. One step closer …….

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

Let’s imagine that SAB bugs were related to this. One step closer …….

Of course! now it makes complete sense. Sab things were one hitting the chosen one because they were angry about the quaggan rave dance! Good job anet, working on sab behind the scenes.

Posted by: psychopoweranger.7564

psychopoweranger.7564

I don’t care if it was a pointless thing; it was so fun!

Posted by: Image.8630

Image.8630

I can’t believe we can’t do that anymore… poor little quaggan can’t dance anymore, its so sad. Was so funny and it didn’t do any harm. Come on Anet, bring it back.

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

There is a big difference between “removed” and “bugged”

We need to find out first which one it is before we rant on the forums.

Posted by: Tyragon.2496

Tyragon.2496

I think this was a bug that just got fixed on its own. Anet has mentioned in the past that coding is really complex, and that some thing break, without finding any fix, and then gets fixed by changing something unrelated.

They mentioned that in an interview about some dev’s favourite bugs, and it was the ones that let you dance and such whilst sitting, or able to combine the dance book’s dances with other animations. They loved it, but ultimately got fixed due to some unknown reason, which they were sad about.

Posted by: noraia.8570

noraia.8570

nooooooooOOoooooooOOooooooo

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

This change reflects a complete and utter lack of prioritization skill on the part of Anet management and whomever is involved with deciding what gets changed/fixed and what doesn’t. This game has hundreds, perhaps thousands?, of bugs that need to be resolved because they affect gameplay, and yet management chooses to waste precious dev time removing something that the majority of players saw as nothing more than cute fun.
It is sickening to think that while they constantly beat the drum of “we’re working kitten the expansion” as an excuse for why they can’t focus on player issues, that they found the time to make the changes to prevent the players from having a little fun with the quaggan transforms.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Tyragon.2496

Tyragon.2496

This change reflects a complete and utter lack of prioritization skill on the part of Anet management and whomever is involved with deciding what gets changed/fixed and what doesn’t. This game has hundreds, perhaps thousands?, of bugs that need to be resolved because they affect gameplay, and yet management chooses to waste precious dev time removing something that the majority of players saw as nothing more than cute fun.
It is sickening to think that while they constantly beat the drum of “we’re working kitten the expansion” as an excuse for why they can’t focus on player issues, that they found the time to make the changes to prevent the players from having a little fun with the quaggan transforms.

As I said above, this most likely is a result from fixing a different bug or changing something that may have caused it from the start.

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

This is just a prelude to the coming Quaggan Genocide.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Can someone link an explanation of what this dance thing was?

Posted by: Image.8630

Image.8630

The quaggan raised its arms in the air and “wiggle” its bottom as it moved sideways. Was too cute and hilarious mostly when several did it together.

Posted by: Isarii.2804

Isarii.2804

Proof that ArenaNet hates fun.

Posted by: Lady Eniks.6512

Lady Eniks.6512

If you would like to see the visual.

Quaggan dance video

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

Well, it’s obviously a bug, but yeah, that’s a pretty cute bug XD

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

As I said above, this most likely is a result from fixing a different bug or changing something that may have caused it from the start.

I somehow doubt it. Anet has been pretty stringent in combating animation glitches even if they have 0 effect on game play.

It all really started when people figured out the humping/thrusting animation glitch with the “How to dance vol 1” item.

It would have been pretty easy for a short quaggan flailing their arms in the air in a game with 10" men/women to get lewd very quickly.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Wolf Rayet.4073

Wolf Rayet.4073

Bring back my kitten jumping while sleeping glitch!

Posted by: glehmann.9586

glehmann.9586

You have absolutely no idea what was involved in this fix. Maybe it was literally one tiny change that took all of a minute to identify and implement.

Maybe they didn’t even try to fix this, and fixing a more serious bug had a side-effect of fixing this minor bug.