Really confused about guild halls

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

So in episode 4, Q&A, Colin states that you need to run guild missions to gain enough favor to start the expedition. I thought it was just 100 gold? I thought you had to have a guild hall to queue guild missions? What is the actual truth to this?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You need ~5 players, 100 Gold, and the consensus seems to be 150 Favor to mount an Expedition.

A Guild can launch Guild Missions from the Guild Panel.

Good luck.

Stark.1350

How many missions do you have to do to get 150 favor?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Depends on the Mission. I believe they come in 100, 200, and 300 varieties…or maybe it was 100, 300 and 500. Plus bonus Favor is available, though not this first go-round.

You can check the News Blog (and associated livestreams) or Wiki for more information, if you so desire.

Good luck.

Stark.1350

Do you know how much influence converts to favor?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Something like 10:1, or 100:1…maybe even less?

Again, the videos have more precise answers, if not the blogs, or Dulfy.

Good luck.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

So in episode 4, Q&A, Colin states that you need to run guild missions to gain enough favor to start the expedition. I thought it was just 100 gold? I thought you had to have a guild hall to queue guild missions? What is the actual truth to this?

You don’t need a guild hall to do missions. You don’t que them like in the old system. There are no unlocks for mission types and you don’t “build” each attempt.

You have, without any guild hall upgrades, three mission slots which are randomly rolled every week. You can tell the system to give you all pve, all wvw, or all spvp missions, or tell it to choose randomly from all three. If you choose to use missions from all three parts of the game at random, the system will give you a 10% favor bonus when you complete them.

You’ll need favor (no official word on how much) as well as the 100g to do the expedition to claim a guild hall. Thus, most guilds will need to do some guild missions before they can claim, or trade in old influence. Depending on the amount required, the influence trade in method may take several weeks as there is a cap on how much influence you can convert from the old system of 10k influence a week. If the expedition requires more favor than that, then you’ll either have to do some guild missions or wait several weeks as you cap out your influence trade ins.

The guild hall upgrades will allow you to unlock additional mission slots allowing you to do more missions per week, or simply allowing you to choose from a bigger randomized pool.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Stark.1350

Thank you for the responses. I scheduled a time to do the guild hall expedition for that Sunday of release weekend and did it way out in advance so people could schedule to be on. I really need to know if enough favor can be earned in that time to do that.

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Something like 10:1, or 100:1…maybe even less?

Again, the videos have more precise answers, if not the blogs, or Dulfy.

Good luck.

I’m not sure where I’ve heard it, but i think it’s 10,000:1, conversion also has a CD and after a given period of time guilds won’t be able to convert any more influ.

At least that’s how I remember.

(edited by witcher.3197)

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yeah, I was thinking 10,000:1, as well, but rather err on the less-forbidding side. Lol.