Recent GW2 Changes Had Unintended Affect

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: IsoldeDaire.4270

IsoldeDaire.4270

Since changing skill points to spirit shards I play GW2 less. I’ve got world completion and am working on my legendary. I find I log on to do the Daily, get my spirit shards, try to make Mystic Clovers and log off.

I might try to do Teq and Karka Queen to make some gold but that’s about it. If I was earning a spirit shard every time I levelled 80, I’d play more.

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

i think it’s coming with mastery tracks. you won’t level up anymore just progress towards a mastery.

but some kind of intermediate level up reward WOULD be nice. even if they multiplied spirit shard costs & quantities by 3-5 and then made each level give 1 again.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Temporary problem, until HoT comes out. Though I agree it would be nice, for now, to earn a spirit shard every time you level.

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

Temporary problem, until HoT comes out. Though I agree it would be nice, for now, to earn a spirit shard every time you level.

How can this be a temporary problem? If they don’t add any other way to get spirit shards, this won’t be solved. I totally root for giving a spirit shard after a level up.

I’ve posted this problem in the forum and reddit but it were to no avail. I guess the developers don’t give a kitten about this. Or they simply intended to make spirit shards harder to get.

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

By actually playing and doing content, I get between 10-30 shards a day. Getting one on level up is now trivial to the fact they drop everywhere now, not just champion bags.

Kitten.

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

Personally, I have way more of the things than I know what to do with. With the way I generally play, I think I’m even earning them faster than I used to. Heck, if I could give you a couple hundred of my spare shards I would.

Maybe they should make them sell-able like mystic coins are.

Narrrz.7532

Maybe they should make them sell-able like mystic coins are.

Now there’s an idea i could get behind

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I’m over 1000 now. Just the 3 a day from the daily reward is more than I got from leveling daily.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Since changing skill points to spirit shards I play GW2 less. I’ve got world completion and am working on my legendary. I find I log on to do the Daily, get my spirit shards, try to make Mystic Clovers and log off.

I might try to do Teq and Karka Queen to make some gold but that’s about it. If I was earning a spirit shard every time I levelled 80, I’d play more.

I agree, it was a bad idea to remove the leveling rewards. But it would not be a problem if the game had some new content. SAB perhaps?

Vayne.8563

How can this be a temporary problem? If they don’t add any other way to get spirit shards, this won’t be solved. I totally root for giving a spirit shard after a level up.

I’ve posted this problem in the forum and reddit but it were to no avail. I guess the developers don’t give a kitten about this. Or they simply intended to make spirit shards harder to get.

The OPs post intimates he gets nothing for leveling, it’s not just about spirit shards. When the new content comes out, you’ll have a reason to level again. It may not be the same reason, but some might argue it’s a better reason.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

By actually playing and doing content, I get between 10-30 shards a day. Getting one on level up is now trivial to the fact they drop everywhere now, not just champion bags.

Funny, by actually playing and doing content, the only shards I’ve gotten came on the rare days I happened to complete the dailies. At no other times have I gotten even one.

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

heh

am sitting on a few hundred shards and nothing much to do with them except occasional materials conversion. also sitting on around 10 mil karma, got 500+ obsidian shards, and a whole bunch of clovers from spvp and still one gift of exploration left.

i dont think any of the current legendaries are worth the effort to finish any of them off after making my jugg due to the fact they illustrate farming ability, rather then player accomplishments. this might change with expansion, but we will see as I also stopped doing fractals for most part after my rank got nerfed / reset. just cant bring myself to re-grinding it, so i probably wont go for that either because of that.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Vayne.8563

Funny, by actually playing and doing content, the only shards I’ve gotten came on the rare days I happened to complete the dailies. At no other times have I gotten even one.

I get shards from champ bags and regular drops, as well as SPvP. Not sure why you’re not getting any. Is it possible you’re not noticing them since they don’t go in your inventory?

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

You’re not paying attention. With a few exceptions like the daily bag, spirit shards are automatically added to your wallet now, so it’s easy to overlook them.

Narrrz.7532

You’re not paying attention. With a few exceptions like the daily bag, spirit shards are automatically added to your wallet now, so it’s easy to overlook them.

Including the daily, i think i’ve gotten about 25-30 in the past day of play. Only caught maybe three of the actual ‘dropped’ ones going into my wallet.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

All I’m doing is the dailies, including the PvP ones (a guaranteed 4 shards, five if you get a tome) and then some farming and some playing in Dry Top and I’m getting more than 4 shards a day. I’m not dead sure where they are coming from but probably containers, though I’ve seen them as drops.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Jayden Reese.9542

Jayden Reese.9542

No as annoying as it would be they need to make the item appear in your inventory like before and you have to click it. You get quite a few by looting mobs and in champion bags but u don’t notice as they just arent seen by u if you aren’t paying attention.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

How can this be a temporary problem? If they don’t add any other way to get spirit shards, this won’t be solved.

They drop from mobs. Just kill things.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

heh

am sitting on a few hundred shards and nothing much to do with them except occasional materials conversion. also sitting on around 10 mil karma, got 500+ obsidian shards, and a whole bunch of clovers from spvp and still one gift of exploration left.

i dont think any of the current legendaries are worth the effort to finish any of them off after making my jugg due to the fact they illustrate farming ability, rather then player accomplishments. this might change with expansion, but we will see as I also stopped doing fractals for most part after my rank got nerfed / reset. just cant bring myself to re-grinding it, so i probably wont go for that either because of that.

Which track gives clovers? I don’t remember seeing those listed last I flipped through them.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Which track gives clovers? I don’t remember seeing those listed last I flipped through them.

I’m glad you asked that question. It caused me to check, and I didn’t know this either.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Clover

“PvP Reward Tracks

Currently the final reward chest of each region track as well as the final reward chest of the Balthazar Back Item Reward Track and Glorious Reward Track yield two Mystic Clovers each. The non-repeatable Silverwastes Reward Track yields 7 Mystic Clovers in its final chest."

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Lots of people have been doing that long before spirit shards existed. I’m pretty much a weekend player these days. Weekdays are exactly what you just described minus mystic clovers.

HoT will solve this, I can’t wait!

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….