Recent Patch

Recent Patch

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pawnchee.3059

Pawnchee.3059

Before I begin let me say that this is my opinion and my personal feelings towards the state of the game. Also I didnt know where to post this so its going here.

Now I bought GW2 for 1 reason and 1 reason only. SPVP. Even before the game was released its pvp concept excited me more than any other game out there. The fact that in spvp you didnt need to be maxed lvl or have the best gear or certain builds to play and have fun was a welcomed sight. With that being said, I had, have, will have no interest in PVE what so ever. Thats just me. In my mind I played WoW, I did my time leveling up just to be able to do arenas…. I just want to kill people in pvp…WIth this most recent patch introduced the wardrobe system. Awesome concept indeed I can admit but it has its flaws.

1. I am missing skins thats I already had. Now at first I didnt notice, but then it was 1 or 2 in heavy armor, a few in medium and also in light. Now what really baffles me is that its not an entire set. I.E. in light armor I have everything for the vigil set except the legs… funny because 3 of my toons before the patch had those legging equiped.

2. Now because I do not PVE and only SPVP all of my toons are obviously low level, most lvl 1. So when I log onto my lvl 1 necro to spvp I enter the mist wearing what a starter wears. No gloves.. no shoulders..no helm.. well poop. Where the hell am I supposed to get those.. I so far have found no answer. I now feel like I am forced to level up then buy or find shoulders/gloves/helm just so I can use them in spvp.

3. And lastly Transmutation Charges. Why is it that I now have to pay to use what I already have. What are you? Apple? That just seems ridiculous to me. Am I the only one?

Again these are my personal opinons. Any feedback or solutions are very much welcome. Because as it stands I sadly am about to turn to a not so impressive ESO just because I feel forced to do something(PVE) I previously didnt have to do. Which in all honest is sad because I love GW2 =[

sorry for the wall of text..

Recent Patch

Posted by: viralthefrog.6130

viralthefrog.6130

There are vendors in Heart of the Mists area that sell white quality gear for every slot/weapon type.
I bought those and reskinned them with level 80 gear skins to my liking.

As for the transmutation charges… I don’t quite get what you mean.
If you have charges, you don’t have to pay to use them. You will gain more transmutation charges through the different PvP “paths” system that they’ve added to the game. There are also other methods for obtaining them, but it sounds like you probably wouldn’t be too up for them, as you prefer sPvP.

For your missing skins, I’m not sure how to correct that. I remember reading something related to missing skins, but I don’t remember where. :/

Recent Patch

Pawnchee.3059

Which vendors are you referring to? The ones I went to (the ones where you got runes and sigils) DIdnt have shoulders or helms. In game a player said the same thing that they had them, but when I went to them nothing.. I figured it was because he was lvl 80 and my toon at the time was lvl 1. As for the transmutation charges I meant if I already have the skins unlocked why do I need this new resource to use them. For instance after patch when you go into the mist your gear is that of what you where wearing in PVE. Granted they give you 30 or so chargers (atleast thats what I had) Across my 8 toons gear and weapons and all those wont last long..

Recent Patch

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It’s not a new resource, it is the same resource pve players have been using since launch, just in a new format. All that has changed really is that now pvpers also have to use the transmutation system, which is probably the cause of frustration for you, but for most pvers, its a more streamlined system.

It is likely they didn’t want to separate the two types of player out and keep it balanced.

Recent Patch

Pawnchee.3059

It’s not a new resource, it is the same resource pve players have been using since launch, just in a new format. All that has changed really is that now pvpers also have to use the transmutation system, which is probably the cause of frustration for you, but for most pvers, its a more streamlined system.

It is likely they didn’t want to separate the two types of player out and keep it balanced.

See I dindt know that about the transmu charges. So it makes sense and is fair and I no longer feel how I did about that. Thank you for the sorting that out.

Recent Patch

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Remember, you can now level up your characters in PvP with Scrolls you will earn (in PvP). Once your character is of the required level, I am sure the gear you are lacking will become available.

As for Transmutation Charges, you should have received one for each rank of PvP you have earned. And, as others mentioned, you will earn more from each Reward Track. Good luck.

Recent Patch

Pawnchee.3059

Remember, you can now level up your characters in PvP with Scrolls you will earn (in PvP). Once your character is of the required level, I am sure the gear you are lacking will become available.

As for Transmutation Charges, you should have received one for each rank of PvP you have earned. And, as others mentioned, you will earn more from each Reward Track. Good luck.

That is true. But if i spvp on my level 1 toon withouth the required gear does that effect me in the match.. Do i lose the stats that would have been on the said gear…?

Recent Patch

Pawnchee.3059

If not having the shoulders or helm what ever it maybe on while in an spvp match didnt effect me gameplay wise (stats) Then I have no problem tuffing it out and leveling the toon through spvp with scrolls until i can buy the gear and transmu it. But im not sure if that is how it is..

Recent Patch

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Use an Experience Scroll? I didn’t even know you could skip the Starter Tutorial event, and go directly to PvP, lol. Would you not gain rank or whatever they give, even if you lost the match? I would think it would not take long to acquire the rewards, win or lose. Of course, I don’t PvP. Lol, I tried, and I can’t even figure out how to get in a match.

I don’t know what the answer is…perhaps, posting over in the PvP Sub-forum, would garner you better advice. =)

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Recent Patch

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Defense for missing armor parts is calculated in even if you are not wearing the required part if your level is too low to equip it. This is why newbies start without them; you don’t gain defense when first equipping them, just a sense of progression.

However I admit it may not behave this way in PvP due to its lack of levels.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Recent Patch

Posted by: RuneCrimson.7380

RuneCrimson.7380

Alot of the changes have officially made the game unplayable…..The main one Trait points. My character sucks now due to the change and not being able to have all of our points and only have a few. My level 51 only has 4 points and when I place them he sucks hardcore. Its officially made my characters weaker then the lowest of foes on any map….there will be no completing even the easiest of maps the way it is now.

{Knights of Revengence} [KoR-Lord]
“Nothing is true! Everything is Permitted!”

Recent Patch

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Alot of the changes have officially made the game unplayable…..The main one Trait points. My character sucks now due to the change and not being able to have all of our points and only have a few. My level 51 only has 4 points and when I place them he sucks hardcore. Its officially made my characters weaker then the lowest of foes on any map….there will be no completing even the easiest of maps the way it is now.

Really? I just finished leveling a character from 70 to 80, and after hitting 80 I realized I never set any Traits after the reset. I’m not sure one can’t complete ‘even the easiest of maps’, even with no traits whatsoever. But, YMMV.

Recent Patch

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

So you’re getting +400 stat points from your traits and you can’t kill things? What?

By the way, this still like 66% of what a level 51 would’ve had before, and the mobs were made easier, so I honestly fail to see the problem. People keep imagining that the changes are bigger than they really are.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Recent Patch

RuneCrimson.7380

We only get 4 points now only 4 How is that +400 stat points. They went from giving us 1 point for every level or so to 4 points every 6-30 levels I fail to see how its the same. It made the stats weaker…we can no longer actually fill up one trait line and such. I am not even the only one that has seen the change effecting characters alot of my friends that play say the same thing including my wife who has always told me not to go on and on about things in the game. Yet she is going on and on about it too…saying it has made her characters weaker too. It has literally made it to hard to play…..god forbid going into the level 80 area’s and trying to play them now.

Recent Patch

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

We only get 4 points now only 4 How is that +400 stat points. They went from giving us 1 point for every level or so to 4 points every 6-30 levels I fail to see how its the same. It made the stats weaker…we can no longer actually fill up one trait line and such. I am not even the only one that has seen the change effecting characters alot of my friends that play say the same thing including my wife who has always told me not to go on and on about things in the game. Yet she is going on and on about it too…saying it has made her characters weaker too. It has literally made it to hard to play…..god forbid going into the level 80 area’s and trying to play them now.

This thread is about sPvP you confused me there for a second. In sPvP you have all your traits(except the new grandmaster) unlocked though the PvP build system(I think new accounts have some restrictions however I can not remember what they are) .

You may want to give your feedback in the following thread.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Game-Updates-Traits

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Recent Patch

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

1. If this is true then submit a ticket. You should have lost no skins with the wardrobe. If you did, then it is a bug / mistake.

2. There is a vendor that provides all of these things in sPVP. I believe others in this thread have addressed this.

3. You get those charges for free and for playing, especially in spvp. I honestly don’t see the issue.

Since we are giving opinions here, ESO will force you to do PVE. Since you clearly don’t like PVE I don’t see ESO as a solid option for you. Might want to look else where. I think that this patch changed a lot of things. Change can be hard to adjust to, but the items you complain about have solutions in the game for simply playing.

@Rune: You did not lose any trait points. 5 points now equals 1 point. While the gain of these points is slower and different the total end result is the same.Your leveling character might be slightly weaker, your level 80 characters are not weaker at all.

If you were full berserkers then you would have seen a 10% reduction to over all DPS. However this makes little to no difference honestly.

Recent Patch

RuneCrimson.7380

The topic is about recent patch nothing about PvP in general…..But as for 5 points being 1 yeah it messes up actually being able to spread them out and make a strong character. So it nerfs the character big time.

Recent Patch

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Before I begin let me say that this is my opinion and my personal feelings towards the state of the game. Also I didnt know where to post this so its going here.

Now I bought GW2 for 1 reason and 1 reason only. SPVP. Even before the game was released its pvp concept excited me more than any other game out there. The fact that in spvp you didnt need to be maxed lvl or have the best gear or certain builds to play and have fun was a welcomed sight. With that being said, I had, have, will have no interest in PVE what so ever. Thats just me. In my mind I played WoW, I did my time leveling up just to be able to do arenas…. I just want to kill people in pvp…WIth this most recent patch introduced the wardrobe system. Awesome concept indeed I can admit but it has its flaws.

1. I am missing skins thats I already had. Now at first I didnt notice, but then it was 1 or 2 in heavy armor, a few in medium and also in light. Now what really baffles me is that its not an entire set. I.E. in light armor I have everything for the vigil set except the legs… funny because 3 of my toons before the patch had those legging equiped.

2. Now because I do not PVE and only SPVP all of my toons are obviously low level, most lvl 1. So when I log onto my lvl 1 necro to spvp I enter the mist wearing what a starter wears. No gloves.. no shoulders..no helm.. well poop. Where the hell am I supposed to get those.. I so far have found no answer. I now feel like I am forced to level up then buy or find shoulders/gloves/helm just so I can use them in spvp.

3. And lastly Transmutation Charges. Why is it that I now have to pay to use what I already have. What are you? Apple? That just seems ridiculous to me. Am I the only one?

Again these are my personal opinons. Any feedback or solutions are very much welcome. Because as it stands I sadly am about to turn to a not so impressive ESO just because I feel forced to do something(PVE) I previously didnt have to do. Which in all honest is sad because I love GW2 =[

1. What skins are you talking about? Unless you salvage or equip them for PvE, or actually go in to the HotM , they will not be put into your locker.

2. There are PvP mechants in HotM – go there.

3. What do you mean pay? You mean the paltry amount to use them? No you don’t – you just use a Transmutation charge up nothing else. This is a non-issue. You always had to buy them (BLTP) or got them from achievements.

Go to ESO – pay your 17,000 gold to get your crappy mount then realize that you need to pay 45,000 gold to get one with a good speed boost. Go listen to all the gold sellers and play with the camp bots. I am sure you will appreciate it.

Unfortunately, none of your complaints are factual.

Recent Patch

Inculpatus cedo.9234

According to the Devs, stats are only taken from Chest, Legs, and Boots.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/PvP-for-low-levels/first#post3901582

But, yes, you have to level up your characters for the aesthetics.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Recent Patch

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

The topic is about recent patch nothing about PvP in general…..But as for 5 points being 1 yeah it messes up actually being able to spread them out and make a strong character. So it nerfs the character big time.

I was talking about the recent patch, and how points work now. So It seems relevant. Also the OP was talking directly about PVP so the topic is in fact about pvp to some extent. Only the last part of my comment was directed towards you.

I am not understanding your problem. You have the same amount of points. You get them at a different rate now, but in the end you have the same amount. I am not understanding why this nerfs your character? You can spread them anyway you like unless you liked your odd number point build. 11 points or 14…which would be strange and very sub optimal to play with.

Recent Patch

RuneCrimson.7380

I did like my odd number points and it made my character work for me….now he is weak all of them are. Especially my Mesmer and Ele.

Recent Patch

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

I didn’t play spvp much and I did my dailies diligently. After all the convention and free transmutation charges I received (from PvP ranks I believe), I have more than a hundred of charges. Just saying.

I hate the fact that my PvP crafting items are gone, I didn’t use them before the patch, feeling sad about it.

Oh, and lastly, you shouldn’t be playing games if you didn’t bothered to explore the map, I mean, PvP map isn’t big, you couldn’t even bother to talk to the new NPCs, seriously?

Edit: Almost forgot, why is everyone talking about ESO? I mean, there are other new games like PSO2, Archeage, Black Desert, Star Citizen and etc etc.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)