Recent upd. ruined experience of the game: Transmut. Charges

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: boysie.4851

boysie.4851

No offense, but this update just made the game almost unplayable for my daughter who spends a lot of time dressing up her characters before questing, etc. Just took the fun right out the game for her. Not being able to change wardrobe items with out paying gems is greedy and kind of makes me regret spending money on this game and letting my daughter even play it. It took me a while to even figure out what happened, then when I did and saw how many gem/gold piece it would take per change of outfit I was flabbergasted to put it mildly.

Am I missing something here? How does it make sense for it to cost nearly 15 gold pieces to change a pair of gloves? Again, am I missing something here, I feel I must be.

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Actually it would cost you 3 gold per transmutation charge that’s if you buy the lowest bulk amount. 2 gold and 22 silver if you buy them at the best value.

Best way to earn charges is PvP, you get about 4 of them a reward track.

Also the skin is applied directly to the item, this is no different than the transmutation stones.

Transmutation charges are actually CHEAPER than the stones, so if anything it costs less.

What is it that you are confused about? Where did you get 15 gold for a pair of gloves?

Posted by: boysie.4851

boysie.4851

I think I saw a 100 gems for about 9+ gold. One transmutation is 150 gems, so around 15 gold I estimated, my math is probably off, I was ball parking it.
Regardless, she used to be able to have a set of city clothes she could wear and then her adventure gear, not anymore, and now each time she would want to switch something it would cost her money. Do I have that right?

(edited by boysie.4851)

Posted by: Nouvel.2375

Nouvel.2375

If you want to apply a skin from a wardrobe collection to overwrite an item’s appearance you are currently wearing, you use a transmutation charge.

If you got equipment in your inventory and want to switch with what your character is wearing, you can just double click it in inventory, or hero panel (h) > equipment.

Hope that helps

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

The transmutation system doesn’t cost anymore than the old system.

There is less customization for town clothes. Outfits can no longer be mixed and matched, some have been converted to tonics, and others single piece items have been converted to armor skins. It’s unfortunate they went this way with it.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The transmutation system is essentially the same as it was before the patch. The only difference is you can no longer use the low level stones, making it more expensive to transmute pre 80.

By the sounds of it, you were only playing with town clothes, which were not useable in combat and were removed with the patch. Outfits still exist, but now must be equipped as an all or nothing costume, which is free to do.

If you want to play dress-up with actual armor, you will need to obtain the actual pieces or transmute them once and keep the gear set aside so you don’t have to transmute the same skin twice.

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

I think I saw a 100 gems for about 9+ gold. One transmutation is 150 gems, so around 15 gold I estimated, my math is probably off, I was ball parking it.
Regardless, she used to be able to have a set of city clothes she could wear and then her adventure gear, not anymore, and now each time she would want to switch something it would cost her money. Do I have that right?

No. Its exactly the same as it was before, the skin is saved directly to the item. If you enuquip that item, you can always equip it back as the skin is saved.

There is absolutely no difference.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Your math is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off. You get 5 charges for 150 gems (~13g and change as of this post), which is a complete set of armor in transmutation charges (I normally hide gloves, shoulders or helmet depending on character). For 25 charges, it’s 600 gems, roughly 54g and chance as of this post, giving you 5 full outfit changes for roughly 11g each. Now, unless she’s going to be switching outfits every hour, that’s an affordable cost for transmuting.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

No offense, but this update just made the game almost unplayable for my daughter who spends a lot of time dressing up her characters before questing, etc. Just took the fun right out the game for her. Not being able to change wardrobe items with out paying gems is greedy and kind of makes me regret spending money on this game and letting my daughter even play it. It took me a while to even figure out what happened, then when I did and saw how many gem/gold piece it would take per change of outfit I was flabbergasted to put it mildly.

Am I missing something here? How does it make sense for it to cost nearly 15 gold pieces to change a pair of gloves? Again, am I missing something here, I feel I must be.

I think I know whats happening. It really doesn’t help any that the UI is absolutely terrible and one giant mess of “Everything Looks The Same.”

First, the “Wardrobe” tab is not the same thing as the “Equipment” tab. The “Equipment” tab takes everything you have from your inventory and puts it up in the window. Everything here is stuff you actually have and can swap out without costing any transmutation charges. The “Wardrobe” tab is stuff that you’ve unlocked on that account, and will cost charges to “override” the look of the current item you have equipped. This will permanently change the look of that item to whatever is picked. These require transmutation charges, the same thing as transmutation crystals/stones before.

Yes, its confusing as all hell and it really has made swapping out gear you already own a pain in the kitten, but it isn’t costing you anything exrra.

Now, as far as the town clothes? Yeah, they pretty much destroyed that. Thats exactly what you think it is. Its gone, dead, and doesn’t exist any more.

Stuff goes here.

(edited by Kravick.4906)

Posted by: SuLor.2840

SuLor.2840

She can still have her city clothes, and now she can even fight in them, depending on what they were. Some were switched to tonics, which means you can’t fight, but regardless they cost nothing to use or to switch to. She probably just needs to take her character and pick up the redone town clothes from the black lion armorsmith.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

from the black lion armorsmith.

Which has been disabled for an unspecified reason. Should have a big massive red announcement for it if you’ve not read it already.

Posted by: Julischka Bean.7491

Julischka Bean.7491

Hi Boysie.
Have you tried the new Outfits for your daughter?

You have to buy them in the Gem Store

(1)They go over your armor, and do not cost any charges to apply.

(2) They have four dye channels so she can play with colors

(3) You can toggle off the hat if you want to see your hair.

(4) They are account wide. You buy the outfit once, and all toons on your account can enjoy them.

I think right now there are three seperate outfits you can buy.
The Chef
The Pirate
The Wintersday fancy outfit which is really nice, and will only be available to buy for one more day? Not sure.

The forums are complaining about these outfits because the pieces cannot be mixed and matched, but I personally love them and can’t wait for more outfits to be added.

You can also buy your daughter an extra character slot, and tell her that if she wants to earn more transmutation charges she can do map completion in Rata Sum..the easiest city I have experienced so far.

She can map complete, delete that character, and make another..rinse and repeat.

Good luck.

Lisa.

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

She dont need to change her skins every 5 sec…and she will be fine.Not having money and working on it is part of growing up so its good for her.Learning about economy and saving.

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

You realize you already had to pay to change the look even before the patch right? transmutation crystals werent free.

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

Posted by: Moderator.8539

Moderator.8539

Hi there,

please make sure to post your feedback about the Feature Patch in one of the dedicated main threads for topics relating to it. You are welcome to repost your comments, questions and concerns about the wardrobe and transmutations here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Game-Updates-Wardrobe-Transmutation-Outfits/first

Thank you!