Red outlines on targeted enemy

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Hi, with the amount of visual noises added to the game (and more to come with PoF), we desperately need red outlines on targeted enemy

Like this:
https://www.diablowiki.net/images/2/2c/Red-target-outline5.png

Thoughts?

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yah, that might be good, at least for bosses. I doubt it’s needed for random mobs.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Zevix.1479

Zevix.1479

That would actually be something cool to have so that we can see through all the effects if we didn’t want to lower them.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

This reminds me of various modern games, like AC and hitman, that use outlines for enemies so you can see them through walls (using eagle vision or whatever in AC).

It got me thinking how much I’d like to see the little icons above enemies heads that you see in AC. When they spot you, a little exclamation mark would pop up briefly. Even better if it were a different kind of exclamation mark if the mob was aggroed on you or someone else. You could immediately tell which mob has you in combat.

And when you run a mob to the ends of its lease and it gives up, it could do another icon to indicate that it’s bored and going home.

Now I’m getting carried away with this: imagine if mobs could randomly fall asleep for short periods (micro-sleeps!). When they do, a “Zzzz” appears above their heads. During that time, attacking them from any angle would count as hitting them from behind and they wouldn’t be aware of you approaching like they are now – even when you’re approaching from behind.

The possibilities..

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

^Sounds like Zelda.

Could be cool.

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Yes, with all the particles effects flying around, it’s very hard to see the target anymore. The Ted outline will help restore the sanity to the players and allow us to see what’s going on.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

/signed. Should make me stop using sunglasses in big fights.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.