Reduce BL Ticket scrap requirement

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Wolvenford.4153

Wolvenford.4153

This is just a shout out to keyfarmers like me.

I am always bamboozled by the Ticket scrap requirement. I mean really? 10 BL scraps = 1 BL ticket?

Scraps were already hard to come by due to the obnoxious RNG. So why 10? Why not half it? 5 scraps per 1 ticket?

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

More money, stupid question lol

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

Yeah, money is the obvious answer. Not everybody is a farmer (I, for one, consider any kind of repetitive in-game farming to be a waste of your precious, limited lifetime) and those people buy 2x as many keys for real cash to get their scraps.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Yea, hate to say it, OP, but all of your hours of mind-numbing farming can be replaced with a $10 purchase. They want people to purchase more than just $10 in keys, so they can’t let you get a full ticket in just one purchase (you could get a lucky full ticket I know, but come on now this is Anet lol).

They base it on the gem store purchasers rather than the farmers.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

This is just a shout out to keyfarmers like me.

I am always bamboozled by the Ticket scrap requirement. I mean really? 10 BL scraps = 1 BL ticket?

Scraps were already hard to come by due to the obnoxious RNG. So why 10? Why not half it? 5 scraps per 1 ticket?

And this is why I don’t play the buy keys/open a chest game. If I get a key via drop, which has not happened in like 6 months, I’ll open up a chest. But because the RNG is awful for what you actually want, it’s just a waste of money and time (in my opinion).

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Why 10? The drop chance of a scrap is roughly 10x that of a ticket.

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

They want people to cave and just buy the keys outright, that’s why the keys go on sale every other week or so.

Just because it’s possible to get said keys for free for 20 mins work or so, doesn’t mean the actual obtaining of the item needs to be easy.

It’s a good business model actually.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Anonymous Player.3079

Anonymous Player.3079

One word : PayWars 2

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

One word : PayWars 2

As opposed to…….Anet not being paid for anything except box sales?

Sometimes I feel like you guys are simply opposed to companies making a profit. That they should provide goods and services to us for years without any means of recouping their losses for development.

People buy keys in hopes they get ticket scraps. They get enough scraps they get a ticket. They use said ticket on a cosmetic skin they want that gives no advantage. What’s the problem, now? Only people who pay real money can get anything? Gee, the last 2 BL skins I got were purchased directly from TP, didn’t even have to spend real money.

OP, if you are upset about the ticket scrap drop rate, then why not just save up gold and buy whatever skin it is you want. If you are strictly farming keys to sell skins for profit, then I dunno what to tell you. Only you can decide if your gold/hr is good doing that. If it isn’t, then find something else to do to make money.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

As opposed to…….Anet not being paid for anything except box sales?

Sometimes I feel like you guys are simply opposed to companies making a profit. That they should provide goods and services to us for years without any means of recouping their losses for development.

People buy keys in hopes they get ticket scraps. They get enough scraps they get a ticket. They use said ticket on a cosmetic skin they want that gives no advantage. What’s the problem, now? Only people who pay real money can get anything? Gee, the last 2 BL skins I got were purchased directly from TP, didn’t even have to spend real money.

OP, if you are upset about the ticket scrap drop rate, then why not just save up gold and buy whatever skin it is you want. If you are strictly farming keys to sell skins for profit, then I dunno what to tell you. Only you can decide if your gold/hr is good doing that. If it isn’t, then find something else to do to make money.

Naw, it’s just that a lot of “new content” is gem-related skins and skins are like a mini-game in GW2, with the wardrobe system and all. So instead of being a readily accessible mini-game, it ends up feeling like… well… PayWars2.

Obviously this doesn’t apply if you don’t give two hoots about collecting skins.

And yeah, I get it. Everybody loves to pull the “you can just buy off the TP” argument for anything and everything, but as someone who is something of a skin collector, it’s the spirit of the thing for me. Interesting goals for getting new skins with some variety would be so so welcomed. I’m actually looking forward to going for the Dry Top skins eventually – the RNG is kind of daunting though.

Seeing every new skin be pay money or pay gold is just disheartening. I’m not saying I’m surprised. It’s not like it’s some new thing that was just introduced. But hopefully you’ll understand better where some of us are coming from on this.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

If you don’t mind doing PvP, it’s much better to do the Maguuma Wastes reward track for the Ambrite weapons. You get a guaranteed Fossil at the end of the track, and you also should get just enough Geodes and Ambrite during the track to craft a weapon (or close enough that you can buy the shortfall/farm a little to make up the difference).

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

If you don’t mind doing PvP, it’s much better to do the Maguuma Wastes reward track for the Ambrite weapons. You get a guaranteed Fossil at the end of the track, and you also should get just enough Geodes and Ambrite during the track to craft a weapon (or close enough that you can buy the shortfall/farm a little to make up the difference).

Interesting. Thanks for the tip.

Or words to that effect.