Ree Soesbee & Jeff Grubb

Ree Soesbee & Jeff Grubb

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: NinjaChris.9340

NinjaChris.9340

With Bobby Stein and Angel McCoy working as the lead writers for the Living Story, I just now pondered: What are Ree Soesbee and Jeff Grubb doing?

Grubb wrote the story for Nightfall (regarded as the best by many players) and Eye of the North, and as I understand Soesbee was responsible for the Lore and Continuity transision to GW2 , so i would like to think the two are still influencing GW2’s development.

Grubb has a blog and still seems to work at AN (" …the new season of the Guild Wars 2 Living Story has just launched, and has gotten great responses, which makes everyone at work very happy.") but does anyone know in what capacity?
Soesbee’s blog seems all but abandonned, the last update being from 2012.

So if anyone could help me out, I’d much appreciate it : )

Ree Soesbee & Jeff Grubb

Posted by: Aegis Dominion.4708

Aegis Dominion.4708

Most likely they are both working with the “main” team on something much larger than the living story, such as a true expansion. It would make the most sense as to why Anet has let SO much slip over the two years, SO much content that was talked about before release that has yet to come out. If I’m wrong and the living story is all we have to look forward to, GW2 is in serious trouble. I like the living story and think it is a great way to keep you sticking with the game, but only if there is something MUCH greater to come. I’m remaining optimistic.

Ree Soesbee & Jeff Grubb

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

They’re both considered lore masters. They work with all the living story teams, and oversee lore and story in the whole game. It’s something like quality control for writing I guess. lol

Ree Soesbee & Jeff Grubb

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ree Soesbee & Jeff Grubb

Posted by: AesirValkyr.7418

AesirValkyr.7418

As far as I remember reading, they write the future history of the world and game. Then the LS writers use that to create LS updates. There was a whole conversation a while back where Ree talked about a Knowledge base of the world that they are constantly updating as they grow the world.

Ree Soesbee & Jeff Grubb

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

As far as I remember reading, they write the future history of the world and game. Then the LS writers use that to create LS updates. There was a whole conversation a while back where Ree talked about a Knowledge base of the world that they are constantly updating as they grow the world.

Well, we recently had the revelation that content put in game trumps anything written out of game. In that, I see all of the GW historical written lore, interim stories like “movement of the world” and in fact, any unknown internal wiki as “malleable”. Whatever Jeff and Ree are working on apparently isn’t giving them time to oversee the writing teams capricious inclusions and revisions. Revising the world to “try” to explain a single special snowflake villain just, somehow, doesn’t seem a good policy or show active oversight. /shrug.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Ree Soesbee & Jeff Grubb

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

I knew that Jeff was originally part of the team which was the general Zhaitan lore and personal story. But I haven’t heard a peep out of him with anything involving the living story. I’d be surprised if he ties himself with that mess.

Ree Soesbee & Jeff Grubb

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I more and more think that all the big names (Jeff Grub, Ree Soesbee, Eric Flannum, Jon Peters etc etc.) work for a bigger thing than the living story. I never ever heard something about Eric Flannum and he is still working for Anet it seems. So they DO something, I am sure…

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Ree Soesbee & Jeff Grubb

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

umm, no..
only if you consider total non-answers to be “confirmation”

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Ree Soesbee & Jeff Grubb

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I wish they would write more gw2 novels. I loved every minute of them!

Ree Soesbee & Jeff Grubb

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

umm, no..
only if you consider total non-answers to be “confirmation”

The dev did say in that post that she, Ree Soesbee IS/DOES still work there, so, I’d say that’s confirmation on that, about her anyway.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Ree Soesbee & Jeff Grubb

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

again, no..
in plain english, that is not what it says

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Ree Soesbee & Jeff Grubb

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

again, no..
in plain english, that is not what it says

You’re right in plain english that isn’t what was said, just my interpretation, fair enough.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Ree Soesbee & Jeff Grubb

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t know why we would be looking forward to something Ree is working on, or how Bobby would know what it is, if it is for another company….lol.

But, take it as you will.

Ree Soesbee & Jeff Grubb

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I don’t know why we would be looking forward to something Ree is working on, or how Bobby would know what it is, if it is for another company….lol.

But, take it as you will.

could be a different game for the same company

Ree Soesbee & Jeff Grubb

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Ree showed up not long ago on the Chinese GW2 website in the bios. She’s still working on GW2 stuff, she just didn’t elaborate on what.