Refer a friend question

Refer a friend question

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: climonite.8537

climonite.8537

Hi Anet.
How will we able to tell if the refer a friend is active?
I’am asking this because of some misunderstanding on my end, it seems i read 2 versions
1) We want you to experience Guild Wars 2 and Lost Shores with your friends, so on Monday November 12, we will turn on Refer a Friend Free Trial. You will be able to invite up to 3 Friends to play Guild Wars 2 with you for free from November 15-18.

2)Everything starts, as we’ve known for some time, on November 15th. While the Lost Shores event itself won’t begin until Friday, Thursday will see the introduction of the patch and the beginning of the free friend referral period. The Lost Shores event kicks off on Friday at 3:00 p.m. EST, and the finale event begins on Sunday at 3:00 p.m. EST. The event and trial weekend will end Sunday evening.
The last one was from a link i saw on Twitter
Any confirm when i am able to see it and invite my friends ?

Refer a friend question

Posted by: Salamol.7963

Salamol.7963

+1

Hopefully it’s soon, not all of my friends are big gamers, so have rather shockingly slow internet connections and may take a day or two to download >.<

Given that the trials are also limited in number… I don’t want to miss out on sending info out to friends!

Follow me: @Salamolign
Mist Angels [Mist] – Piken Square

Refer a friend question

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

I want someone to try it out so hopefully more info is released soon.

Refer a friend question

Posted by: Junel.5479

Junel.5479

Im wondering that myself, how do I invite a friend? I can’t find any links on the web sight or account. Hopefully more info on this is released, I have a few friends that want to check it out.

Refer a friend question

Posted by: TDWIG.9712

TDWIG.9712

It said on facebook they were “turning it on today” whatever that means. I’ve been looking for the links/keys myself.

Refer a friend question

Posted by: Halvaard.1034

Halvaard.1034

I’d like to see this system asap as well, I’m part of a multi game guild and I’ll need to see who want to come play! Since it’s probably going to be more than 3 people, my whole active guild will have to coordinate invites. XD

Refer a friend question

Posted by: Gandeh.3184

Gandeh.3184

Awaiting an answer for this also. Got a couple of mates looking to try the game out.

Refer a friend question

Posted by: alex.6028

alex.6028

+1 i cant find any link for invite my friend =(. if someone find it /w pls

Refer a friend question

Posted by: Saint.2043

Saint.2043

I think Anet has forgotten this game is 20~ish GB in in size. By the time my friends download the game if they start on thursday they’ll finish sometime around saturday.

Refer a friend question

Posted by: wizzard.1295

wizzard.1295

you can invite a friend from your account …

Refer a friend question

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Well, I’m sure Monday means 11:59:59.999 PM PST Monday, so you get to enjoy that 00:00:00.000 of Monday insert textile roll eyes

I have the problem ‘now’ of a friend that didn’t feel like waiting, and bought the game and wants to play with me ‘now’, and I’m hear at home constantly checking to see if I can get said friend on the server, but it’s constantly full.

Is the only window…ever…on Thursday and Friday mornings once WvW has been decided for the week? I’m starting to not like this entire system. It didn’t bother me much before, because I was alone, and never though in a million years any of my friends would want to join me in this game, but alas, here they come, and I can’t play with them.

And no, I don’t want to leave.

I started on SoS pre-launch, I was on SoS in the BWEs, I have server loyalty, and I would like my friends to come join me here, and there just isn’t a realistic way to make that happen.

Even if they implemented the ‘join’ thing, that would be no good, as presumably it wouldn’t work for ‘all’ things, like WvW, and I know at least 2 of said friends will really enjoy participating in that, and yes, we’d like to do it together.

The real social threat is not the perceived loss of people who don’t know each other some how missing out on this great social experience with other people because they don’t join parties and talk in /p (I happen to ‘love’ how the game is designed as one giant party and map, quite frankly); the real social threat is ‘actual’ friends not being able to play with each other.

I would like my oompa loompa now, please.

Refer a friend question

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

How?

Refer a friend question

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I can confirm this, go to “my account” and you will find it there.

Refer a friend question

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Ah cool i found it.

Refer a friend question

Posted by: climonite.8537

climonite.8537

Thank you for this it is indeed now active which was not there tho almost whole day
Sucky i invited people who had a beta and they now cant register which is kinda sucky.

Refer a friend question

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hello everybody.

The feature is up!!

As already indicated, inviting a friend is very easy: just log in to your Guild Wars Account at https://account.guildwars2.com/. Click on the “Invite a Friend” button and follow the instructions.