Refund on Existing Outfits

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Varakkys.2490

Varakkys.2490

It does not matter how many uses your original item now has after the patch. What matters is that the second item is now useless. You paid for a now useless item.

By the same logic, can I expect a full refund of all the money I spent on Guild Wars 1 when they finally close the servers down? Because, y’know, that Prophecies box and all those expansion discs are useless. I paid for a now useless item.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

As an example: some of us (me) bought 4-5 Charred dyes at 150g using gems we bought with real money. I don’t know how Anet could compensate for the wasted money.

I will open a ticket and ask for a refund, but if their answer is negative I’ll uninstall this game faster than an Ele uses his auto attack.

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

I dont understand what he is LOOSING with this change?In fact he will be gaining the ability to get those weaps/armors on even more characters now!

He paid for a product which no longer works. If you buy two copies of the Grenth’s helmet off the gem store to use at some point on your characters, and you used one of them but not the other because you hadn’t gotten around to making your Necromancer yet, that second Grenth’s helmet no longer functions in any meaningful way. You get nothing for your gems.

that is because the first one he Bought now has an infinite Number of uses. So if he makes 5 alts… then each of THEM Now get FREE grenth helmets…should that person now have to pay MORE Money for the 3 free grenth helmets he got?

Look, Anet changed something… it happens. It says so on the box." Online experience may change "… if you come to an MMO and do not roll with the changes, maybe you do not understand how MMO’s work.

First off, your friend does not OWN 2 Grenth helmets… he paid for the use of the helmets they do not belong to him the way a pair of pants belongs to Him In the real world..Look over the TOS

Second the game reserves the right to change any aspect of the game any way they wish, at any time…. and if you do not agree with the changes you have the option to stop playing the game..but that is ALL you are entitled to.

If Anet decides to refund your friend, it is because they feel like it. not becaue it is OWED. Since some people are going around with this attitude, I would prefer Anet NOT refund anyone a dime. No one would appreciate it, and it sets a bad precedent.

It does not matter how many uses your original item now has after the patch. What matters is that the second item is now useless. You paid for a now useless item.

He paid so two of his characters could use a specific armor set. After the patch Both of those characters will be able to use the armor set, he got exactly what he paid for.

Businesses change all the time. At the time that he made those purchaes, was the purchase a good idea? THAT is what matters. What Anet did later is completely Irrelevant. So while I do feel bad your friend spend real world cash on two identical pieces of armor, and if only he had Known… he could have saved cash by waiting. As I said… Businesses change, some people benefit, some people think they are losing out.

Your friend has Not Lost anything. he got what he paid for when he paid for it. That there was a change AFTER he made his Purchase is Not Anet’s responsibility. They do Not have to shoulder any part of the burden because your friend now is upset over his purchase decision.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Nerelith.7360

By the same logic, can I expect a full refund of all the money I spent on Guild Wars 1 when they finally close the servers down? Because, y’know, that Prophecies box and all those expansion discs are useless. I paid for a now useless item.

THIS

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

THIS

NOT THAT. One MMO shutdown is something we know it is going to happen the moment we buy it, the big majority when get the sequels after some time it shutdowns.

We’re talking about this MMO that is not under shutdown, it is changing and limiting Cash-Paid Items (Clothes), the items that are only gold-paid do not require refunds, doesn’t change the fact it damages the people who have put time and effort to get their things done, but when it’s about Gem Currency paid stuff being converted and limited to tonics? I won’t…. simply accept it.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: dcjester.4507

dcjester.4507

Different situation. You have a physical product you have paid for. Even if the game itself isn’t playable, you still have the disc. We all know, and are aware, that games could be turned off at any time. I believe even most EULA’s even cover this

This is a virtual goods which, while nothing tangible, had no warning at all that it would be made useless in a sweeping change to a core piece of the game at large. At the time it was purchased, it was never mentioned that the item could go to a solid set of unmixable items when presented as mix and match upon release. In some way, it can almost, ALMOST, be seen as a bait and switch. Its loose and dirty in that ideal, but it could be thought of that way.

THIS

Just more time in another place, a little more time to remake this face -Maestro

Nerelith.7360

THIS

NOT THAT. One MMO shutdown is something we know it is going to happen the moment we buy it, the big majority when get the sequels after some time it shutdowns.

We’re talking about this MMO that is not under shutdown, it is changing and limiting Cash-Paid Items (Clothes), the items that are only gold-paid do not require refunds, doesn’t change the fact it damages the people who have put time and effort to get their things done, but when it’s about Gem Currency paid stuff being converted and limited to tonics? I won’t…. simply accept it.

Yes That! This is an MMO…. MMO’s change. That is a fact. We play an MMO with the understanding that the developer has a right to change any aspect of it they feel like changing at any time, and that doesn’t entitle any of the players… to anything.

No… the people that bought Lultiple copies of an item…are not entitled to anything.

When they log onto gw2. they understand that Anet has the right to change any aspect of the game they feel like changing, anytime they feel like changing it.

if a player has a hard time Understanding that, that is not Anet’s problem, and it is not Anet’s responsibility to shoulder that players burden that derives from his hurt feelings.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

My suggestion is to submit a ticket regarding multiple items bought for characters (list in detail what you bought and for what characters) and see if they would consider doing the same as with the dyes. If you had multiples of one type of armor for several characters maybe you could get a random piece of armor in return. It is worth at least asking. Otherwise it is one of those things that is what it is – life is like that. Most likely a lot of us with multiple characters are in the same pond. For myself, I don’t see it as a big issue. I earned the gold or gems to buy stuff for my avies and have gotten a lot of enjoyment out of them as I outfitted them.

Your other option may be to salvage the duplicate items before the patch and at least gain the materials from those items.

**just thought of another one. If the transmute charges can be bought, possibly ANet would give the value of the items in transmute charges.

(edited by Aerinndis.2730)

Posted by: dcjester.4507

dcjester.4507

THIS

Different situation. You have a physical product you have paid for. Even if the game itself isn’t playable, you still have the disc. We all know, and are aware, that games could be turned off at any time. I believe even most EULA’s even cover this

This is a virtual goods which, while nothing tangible, had no warning at all that it would be made useless in a sweeping change to a core piece of the game at large. At the time it was purchased, it was never mentioned that the item could go to a solid set of unmixable items when presented as mix and match upon release. In some way, it can almost, ALMOST, be seen as a bait and switch. Its loose and dirty in that ideal, but it could be thought of that way.

Just more time in another place, a little more time to remake this face -Maestro

Max Lexandre.6279

THIS

Yes That! This is an MMO…. MMO’s change. That is a fact. We play an MMO with the understanding that the developer has a right to change any aspect of it they feel like changing at any time, and that doesn’t entitle any of the players… to anything.

No… the people that bought Lultiple copies of an item…are not entitled to anything.

When they log onto gw2. they understand that Anet has the right to change any aspect of the game they feel like changing, anytime they feel like changing it.

if a player has a hard time Understanding that, that is not Anet’s problem, and it is not Anet’s responsibility to shoulder that players burden that derives from his hurt feelings.

When i spent real cash to buy over 3k that i spent on Clothes, i spent because they were dye-able and i could mix visuals, i will not accept this change, this wasn’t items it dropped me while playing. ANet can change their own game, they have that right, as we have the right to get what we paid for, this remembers me those F2P game companies that decide to make changes that causes loss to their players and don’t care about, just because they can.

I really, really, really, don’t want ANet to be one of those companies.

Asura thing.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

My suggestion is to submit a ticket regarding multiple items bought for characters ….

It looks like they don’t want people submitting tickets about this just yet as found in the account forum:

You can submit questions about the Feature Build after it goes live on April 15th. In the meantime, watch for more information via our Knowledge Base (search: Wardrobe) and blog posts.

Everyone: Please do not submit tickets or make forum posts about the Feature Build at this time. Customer Support cannot assist with these matters in advance of the build going live.

*Note requesting not to make forum posts related to the feature builds in this context is referring to the account forum.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Nerelith.7360

THIS

When i spent real cash to buy over 3k that i spent on Clothes, i spent because they were dye-able and i could mix visuals, i will not accept this change, this wasn’t items it dropped me while playing. ANet can change their own game, they have that right, as we have the right to get what we paid for, this remembers me those F2P game companies that decide to make changes that causes loss to their players and don’t care about, just because they can.

what you chose to do is what you chose to do, that doesn’t mean that that ties Anet’s hands behind their back to continue providing what you paid for, no one FORCED you to pay real world Money. You also agreed that Anet can change any aspect of their game anytime they wished and that you agreed to it,….every time you log on. If suddenly you dislike it, you are not entitled to anything. You can uninstall the game. That is what you can do. but DEMAND refunds?

No you don’t have that right.

By the way, they have a right to change anything in the game they wish, inclcuding the items you paid real world cash for.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

My suggestion is to submit a ticket regarding multiple items bought for characters ….

It looks like they don’t want people submitting tickets about this just yet as found in the account forum:

You can submit questions about the Feature Build after it goes live on April 15th. In the meantime, watch for more information via our Knowledge Base (search: Wardrobe) and blog posts.

Everyone: Please do not submit tickets or make forum posts about the Feature Build at this time. Customer Support cannot assist with these matters in advance of the build going live.

*Note requesting not to make forum posts related to the feature builds in this context is referring to the account forum.

Then looks like it would be something to document and then put in after the build goes live which means take pics of what you got and list in detail just in case…..

Max Lexandre.6279

THIS

what you chose to do is what you chose to do, that doesn’t mean that that ties Anet’s hands behind their back to continue providing what you paid for, no one FORCED you to pay real world Money. You also agreed that Anet can change any aspect of their game anytime they wished and that you agreed to it,….every time you log on. If suddenly you dislike it, you are not entitled to anything. You can uninstall the game. That is what you can do. but DEMAND refunds?

I will quote dcjester on this aspect:

“This is a virtual goods which, while nothing tangible, had no warning at all that it would be made useless in a sweeping change to a core piece of the game at large. At the time it was purchased, it was never mentioned that the item could go to a solid set of unmixable items when presented as mix and match upon release. In some way, it can almost, ALMOST, be seen as a bait and switch. Its loose and dirty in that ideal, but it could be thought of that way.”

If they have that right, they never warned me they had the right to make all the changes they wish to items in the Gem Store we already paid for. I wonder what would you say if you were one of the players who spent real money on many things that will now suffer changes for the worse.

Asura thing.

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

In some way, things like this are the reason why I’m glad I’m not in customer service anymore… “Yes sir, we know that you bought it 10 months ago and that you feel ripped off…”

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

This really makes me wonder how some people function in Real Life with sales and contests. If someone gets something cheaper than you did, do you write angry letters and demand refunds?

Things change all the time. Some people on this forum and in this game really REALLY need to grow up.

An online store recently put a pre-release game on sale.

I saw several complaints, including one that they couldn’t take the coupon code to gamestop and get the 20% off. shakes head

Nerelith.7360

THIS

I will quote dcjester on this aspect:

“This is a virtual goods which, while nothing tangible, had no warning at all that it would be made useless in a sweeping change to a core piece of the game at large. At the time it was purchased, it was never mentioned that the item could go to a solid set of unmixable items when presented as mix and match upon release. In some way, it can almost, ALMOST, be seen as a bait and switch. Its loose and dirty in that ideal, but it could be thought of that way.”

If they have that right, they never warned me they had the right to make all the changes they wish to items in the Gem Store we already paid for. I wonder what would you say if you were one of the players who spent real money on many things that will now suffer changes for the worse.

you can quote him. but he is Not an authority. I understand you agree with him, but…

Just because you both agree doesn’t make either of you right.

the virtual goods you purchased are in Anet’s game. Anet can sell it ONE day one way, and then totally change How they sell it the next. it’s in the ToS.

You agree to this everytime you log in. Whether you likr it or not. I Understand it upsets you. but hey..that’s life.

Will Anet refund you for your supposed claimed losses? ( you lost Nothing by the way, that you do not see this is because you are part of a group of people that feel entitled to things you are not entitled to, simply because your feelings are hurt.)

They might,…. But only because they feel like doing it. Not because it is owed to anyone. … Not because anyone is entitled to it.

Nerelith.7360

You werew warned when you agreed to the ToS, if you did Not bother to read the ToS doesn’t matter. you still agreed to the ToS when you made your account. That you Now claim you were not warned doesn’t mean you were not warned. You were, you simply didn’t bother to read the actual warning.

Second I HAVE Bought Multiple items off the gem store, and when i bought them, I got what I paid for. and I considered them good purchases.

That Anet Now changes the game makes it irrelevant ..I had good use of the items i Bought when i bought them, they change the game and suddenly the items that were character bound are now account bound…so what?

I still lost Nothing. I paid for the use of the armor skins, and I got use of the armor skins.

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

On my case if they really change my clothes to tonics and remove the dye/mixing options they had, i will send a ticket asking for refund of the gems i spent on this things…

Yet, i have hopes Anet will listen to us and go back on this decision.

I still pray I’ll wake up and my 7 sets of original flamekissed armor will be back in my inventory one day. Or the gold for several lost pieces of t3, etc…

Sadly, I don’t expect anything great by way of refunds… at least this time they aren’t outright switching what I thought I was buying for something I expressly did not.

Max Lexandre.6279

you can quote him. but he is Not an authority. I understand you agree with him, but…

Just because you both agree doesn’t make either of you right.

the virtual goods you purchased are in Anet’s game. Anet can sell it ONE day one way, and then totally change How they sell it the next. it’s in the ToS.

You agree to this everytime you log in. Whether you likr it or not. I Understand it upsets you. but hey..that’s life.

Will Anet refund you for your supposed claimed losses? ( you lost Nothing by the way, that you do not see this is because you are part of a group of people that feel entitled to things you are not entitled to, simply because your feelings are hurt.)

They might,…. But only because they feel like doing it. Not because it is owed to anyone. … Not because anyone is entitled to it.

The way you talk it was like, when they ended magic find, they could not refund nothing, do not let chose any stats again, etc… And they did, they did that with items you drop and pay with gold normally.

If they did that with normal gold/drop items on the magic find, why wouldn’t them on gem store items? I feel ANet understands at a point if they force this changes into everybody in a rude way without any sort of compensation, it’s half way gone to people think twice before buy gems, as well, i did and look where i am now. :p

I have hopes they will find a solution to keep everybody happy on this, with or without refunds. There’s still time.

Asura thing.

Max Lexandre.6279

Update: ArenaNet will refund Gems spent on Town Clothes as confirmed on the recently posted FAQ

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/45944258-Town-Clothes

Asura thing.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I would have thought they would refund it because it’s just like the infinite gathering tools.

They used to be soulbound and some people bought multiple, identical, tools so they could use them on more than 1 character. Then they became account bound and Anet offered players a choice – keep the duplicates or contact support, delete them, and get the gems back.

This is basically the same thing. At present gem store skins are single use, so if you want two characters with the same armor (or even 1 identical piece from a set, say you want Flamewalker Gloves on two characters) you have to buy two copies.

Under the new system you will only need one to use it on all your characters. So those duplicates become useless.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

I have a guildie who is very upset that He spent months making money to buy multiple gem store items such as armor or weapon skins. To him, this feels like he had wasted months of his time on GW2 that he could have been doing other things now that the wardrobe is coming. I can sympathize with him and others who spent real money on the gem store to improve their looks. Just by making it unlimited does not mean their time had not been wasted anymore. I really do have to agree that anet should give refunds to these people if they request it.

So Anet decides that all His changes all the dyes he used on his character, are now account wide. And all the armor skins he bought to unlock it for that character, …are now account wide. He can in other words use the skins he paid Money for… and for free use them on alts… for example, and he has a nerve to be upset?

I Like the changes, it means I can easilly copy over all the skins that My mesmer unlocked, onto my elementalist and necromancer. All the dyes she bought, expensive ones Like Icing…Abyss…. I can save money by just using those On all my alts, not have to pay for each character to have abyss dye… if we do that math, that is a LOT of Gold saved.

I am confused. I do not see why your friend is complaining.

The point is that he spent real money to buy gems to buy the skins, but spent x-times as much as others did who only bought one skin. Anyone who did what he did paid more for the same product. When you spend real money for in game money and something goes wrong anyone would be upset.

I can understand that he is upset. What I am saying is, that he is Not automatically entitled to anything, simply because he is upset.

he CHOSE to buy in game gold with real cash? You stress this over and over. So what?

That does Not entitle him to a refund. Will Anet give him one? maybe they may, maybe they may Not. if they did I would send an email thanking them from the Bottom of My heart… because they do not owe your entitled friend a thing.

If it were me, I would Not refund it, simply because people feel they are entitled to refunds. As I said before… if you Buy a latte from starbucks for $3.99 do you come back the next week, and demand a refund if they are suddenly on sale for 50 cents less?

I feel bad your friend paid real world cash for multiple copies of the same item. But that doesn’t entitle him to a refund, No matter how badly he feels… “s*** happens.”

Your example isn’t even remotely applicable to the situation. There is no real life analog to this situation. The analog to your Starbucks analogy is “I bought some boots on the gem store, then they went on sale a week later.” There’s nothing wrong with that.

That’s also not what happened. What happened is that you bought three copies of a product, two of which have been taken from you as part of a redesign that allows you to infinitely make use of the third as long as you keep paying Anet for the privilege. They are taking it from you and not compensating you for it at all. That’s a problem.

Ok does he suddenly ONLY have ONE of the item? You said 2 were taken from Him. If he Bought three, and now he only has 1. I can see that he has a right to complain.

what happened was the Business Anet, changed so that what was a character bound item is now account bound…

Businesses change their Bisuness Models ALL the time. That doesn’t entitle your friend to a refund. I feel bad that he spent real world cash for these items, but..that doesn’t entitle him to a refund either.

It has nothing to do with a business model change either. See my earlier post about Genth’s helmets. You paid for a product which no longer functions.

This is the truth. Welcome back to xmas 2013 and Flamekissed Version 2.0… clearly they didn’t learn anything the first time.

To put a silver lining in where it really isn’t deserved: At least he isn’t actually losing the money and skins outright the way I did. And this time around they didn’t make a massive slip and/or lie about a bad reaction they had to forum heat… The people losing money here stand a better chance at getting useful returns for what they already bought than people like me who have avoided buying gems and gem store stuff since the xmas fubar….or snafu since they are at it again already.

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

My wife and I have purchased almost every outfit for use in Guild Wars 2 across our three accounts.

Converting these outfits, NONE OF WHICH ARE USED IN THEIR ENTIRETY ON A SINGLE CHARACTER, into all or nothing outfits is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE.

What will the process be to refund our gems for the costumes that will now become simply cut and paste copies of the outfits the hundreds of thousands of other people who purchased these costumes are wearing.

These outfits were originally sold as pieces that could be mixed and match to create the look you wanted for your character, or in other words, to “play the way you want to play.” Changing their functionality in this manner amounts to little more than a bait and switch.

Sincerely,

I see your point but where exactly did ANet say that the outfits will be all or nothing? Can you link me the post?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

My wife and I have purchased almost every outfit for use in Guild Wars 2 across our three accounts.

Converting these outfits, NONE OF WHICH ARE USED IN THEIR ENTIRETY ON A SINGLE CHARACTER, into all or nothing outfits is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE.

What will the process be to refund our gems for the costumes that will now become simply cut and paste copies of the outfits the hundreds of thousands of other people who purchased these costumes are wearing.

These outfits were originally sold as pieces that could be mixed and match to create the look you wanted for your character, or in other words, to “play the way you want to play.” Changing their functionality in this manner amounts to little more than a bait and switch.

Sincerely,

I see your point but where exactly did ANet say that the outfits will be all or nothing? Can you link me the post?

See the link 3 posts up.

" Can I still mix and match my town clothes?

Clothing pieces that are converted to armor skins can be mixed and matched with the same restrictions as other armors. Outfits cannot be mixed as each of them now is stored on an account-wide basis as a single unlock. Items related to endless tonics cannot be mixed or dyed."

I think it was also mentioned in the original blog post.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Fasalina.6571

I just don’t get it. How can you people have the nerve to ask this stuff? I mean the wardrobe is now and what you bought was then. How can you respect a kitteng refund. I’m sorry but I’m starting to lose my cool here. So when you buy a car lets say, dunno a 2003 Ford, when a 2005 Ford comes out will you ask for a refund?
I understand the point the op is trying to make, because the CS items that he bought are going to change in functionality , if they’ll make it an all or nothing. But all you others, be it dyes or whatever else. You can’t expect then to refund anything. I know I wouldn’t.

(edited by Moderator)

Fasalina.6571

Sincerely,

See the link 3 posts up.

" Can I still mix and match my town clothes?

Clothing pieces that are converted to armor skins can be mixed and matched with the same restrictions as other armors. Outfits cannot be mixed as each of them now is stored on an account-wide basis as a single unlock. Items related to endless tonics cannot be mixed or dyed."

I think it was also mentioned in the original blog post.

Indeed, i was confused about the word “outfit” I was thinking about armors which in fact you can mix and match

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I wonder if those that feel they are entitled to refunds (which they may receive because ArenaNet will be generous) also feel that those that now get free dyes unlocked on all their characters (like Abyss) should pay ArenaNet for those free dyes. I mean, ArenaNet will surely lose out on, at least, some sales of Gems that would be converted to Gold so people could buy said dyes and use them on the characters that didn’t have them unlocked.

It would seem fair, that both side be compensated for changes in the game, wouldn’t you think?

Max Lexandre.6279

Okay i heard about the outfits, it doesn’t clear if Outfits can’t be dyed! Can they?

Asura thing.

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

I dont understand what he is LOOSING with this change?In fact he will be gaining the ability to get those weaps/armors on even more characters now!

He paid for a product which no longer works. If you buy two copies of the Grenth’s helmet off the gem store to use at some point on your characters, and you used one of them but not the other because you hadn’t gotten around to making your Necromancer yet, that second Grenth’s helmet no longer functions in any meaningful way. You get nothing for your gems.

that is because the first one he Bought now has an infinite Number of uses. So if he makes 5 alts… then each of THEM Now get FREE grenth helmets…should that person now have to pay MORE Money for the 3 free grenth helmets he got?

This is actually false. They are not free uses after the patch. So in light of this the player has paid for two copies of one item. One of them is going to be available to other characters for a fee. The second item is removed. They will be removing an item the customer has already paid for and then charging them if they wish to use it in the future. Are you telling me that this doesn’t warrant a refund?

(edited by sinzer.4018)

Nerelith.7360

This is actually false. They are not free uses after the patch. So in light of this the player has paid for two copies of one item. One of them is going to be available to other characters for a fee. The second item is removed. They will be removing an item the customer has already paid for and then charging them if they wish to use it in the future. Are you telling me that this doesn’t warrant a refund?

Maybe I Misunderstand the system, My understanding is, Once an item is unlocked, you get unlimited uses of it, for the price of a transmutation charge. so the only fee i can see is… the first time he transmutes the item. I may be wrong.

Secondly, if he Purchased 2 items and then has 2 characters… after the 15th the first item has unlimited uses so can be used by the second character. So he has 2 items for 2 characters. Please explain to me where " for a fee" comes from, as I see it, the Moment he transmutes it, he has unlimited uses of it. I see No other fees.

Then again I may not have all the relevant Information. Are items that are transmuted not then available account wide, to every character, an unlimited number of times?
And to answer your question :

Are you telling me that this doesn’t warrant a refund?

Yes, I am.

(edited by Nerelith.7360)

Posted by: nibblesalil.3561

nibblesalil.3561

If I don’t want a tonic, can I get a gem refund for the purchase?
Customer support will be able to fulfill gem refund requests only for town clothes that become endless tonics. Such requests must be made after the Town Clothes system changes take effect; refund requests cannot be processed prior to the April Feature Build. Customer Support is not able to fulfill requests for refunds other than those related to Town Clothes that become endless tonics. This means that town clothes that become skins are not eligible for a refund.

Quoted by said page

i suggest people read this page tbh

if life is a cabaret old chum ………lets caberet

(edited by nibblesalil.3561)

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Dang, if I would have known about this wardrobe update yesterday, I could have saved myself 20g – because I bought another t3 gloves for one of my human characters :-( dangit.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

Will this be still possible? ç__ç

/15charr

Attachments:

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

(edited by Erick Alastor.3917)

Posted by: Gambit.8425

Gambit.8425

Geez, talk about kittening crying over nothing.

You won’t lose a thing, there’s only gain from this. You bought 2 sets of armor? Great, now you can equip them on even more toons for free. You have multiple outfits? Same thing, some of them even count as armor now. You can’t mix the outfits? Who cares, it was still only OOC town clothes anyway. I haven’t seen anyone use them except for costume brawl, so QQ’ers about this are probably 0,0001% of the player base. Did one go on merry strolls around the town in those or what?

This isn’t comparable to dyes either, as while they are changed to account bound, the dyes themselves are being nerfed to the ground with insane price markup/gemshop-only and it’s affecting everybody in the game.

Posted by: AJP.8610

AJP.8610

If I can’t customize the town clothes I paid for out of MY money the way I want to then I want a refund on EVERY single piece of towns clothing I have ever bought.

Bare in mind… I have three tabs dedicated to towns clothing in my bank.

Anet: rethink or refund. You have two options honey bunny.

[VcY] Velocity ~ Far Shiverpeaks
Flemmox ~ Elementalist
Gormlaith Greycloak ~ Guardian

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Customer support will be able to fulfill gem refund requests only for town clothes that become endless tonics. Such requests must be made after the Town Clothes system changes take effect; refund requests cannot be processed prior to the April Feature Build. Customer Support is not able to fulfill requests for refunds other than those related to Town Clothes that become endless tonics. This means that town clothes that become skins are not eligible for a refund.

Quoted by said page

BUT if you read closer anything sold AS A SINGLE PIECE will become a skin like all of the regular armor. So only the FULL outfits are being changed to be a single skin, all of the individual piece items are going to function BETTER than they do right now.

People will still complain.

Posted by: BearJada.3295

BearJada.3295

Quoted by said page

BUT if you read closer anything sold AS A SINGLE PIECE will become a skin like all of the regular armor. So only the FULL outfits are being changed to be a single skin, all of the individual piece items are going to function BETTER than they do right now.

People will still complain.

Item number three.

“Some promotional town clothing, such as the Dragon Emblem T-shirt and retired town clothes such as the hoodies, will become endless tonics which allow you to continue to wear the clothing in non-combat situations. "

The followup question “Can I mix and match town clothes”

Items related to endless tonics cannot be mixed or dyed.

If you read the article, the ONLY things that will not be turned into tonics are the items that were sold as full outfits, cooks, Winter’sday, pirates, mad king, etc and the head pieces that were sold as single items.

The ‘outfits’ will become single items that you can only equip as a full set. The single item HEAD pieces will become armor skins.

All the other town clothes items, the shirts, the vests, the hoodies, the riding pants, etc, will become endless tonics that you can only equip one of at a time, (so no mixing shorts and hoodies anymore for example) and that will not be dyeable.

Please see this thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Feedback-Questions-Town-clothes-Costumes-Combat/first and the half handful of dev replies. We’re all out of luck for the town clothes.

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Which is great for those items, but we still need to hear back from them on the subject of refunds for armor skin sets and the like.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Posted by: Ezekiel.1985

Ezekiel.1985

This really makes me wonder how some people function in Real Life with sales and contests. If someone gets something cheaper than you did, do you write angry letters and demand refunds?

Things change all the time. Some people on this forum and in this game really REALLY need to grow up.

Grow up?

In Real Life, people cannot come to you and modify your usage of an item you have already bought. If I buy a toaster with 9 settings on it, they cannot come to me and reset the toaster so it only has 2 settings.

Posted by: Adacian.9752

Adacian.9752

so am I seeing this right, If you spent REAL cash on 3 sets of VIPER armor – you just got ripped off.

What’s the plan to refund people who spent money to get more than one set from the gem store and now its buy it once and you can use that armor on all their characters?

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

so am I seeing this right, If you spent REAL cash on 3 sets of VIPER armor – you just got ripped off.

What’s the plan to refund people who spent money to get more than one set from the gem store and now its buy it once and you can use that armor on all their characters?

So far there is no plan, but we’ll see what happens after the patch.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Nerelith.7360

If I can’t customize the town clothes I paid for out of MY money the way I want to then I want a refund on EVERY single piece of towns clothing I have ever bought.

Bare in mind… I have three tabs dedicated to towns clothing in my bank.

Anet: rethink or refund. You have two options honey bunny.

what are you gonna do if they just….ignore you? cry? rage quit? you talk tough. But let’s face it, we all know this tough talk, has nothing to back it up… come on.. tell us.. why should Anet…fear you?

How about option 3? Go along with their plan that they have researched,… and…ignore your threat?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’m fine with the fact that I bought multiple Fancy Winters and Cherry Blossom Shirts etc. They’ve been very nice on my alts. I might want a refund on my unused Executioner’s set but I’d let that ride.

Except they’re taking away the use for which I paid, the mix and match wardrobes for my characters who don’t always wear the same clothes and certainly don’t gad about in full armor when socializing in town.

And very much except they just this month had a sale on old items such as Rox’s Quiver. I bought two of them! I already had one on a warrior from when they first appeared, and this month I added one to a ranger and put another in the bank for future use. ANet darn well knew this change was coming when they did this month’s sales. I’m glad for the people that didn’t already have the skin … but for me, well. Yeah, I’ll want to get my gems back from the two new quivers.

(Oh, hmm. Right now back skins need to be applied to a white strap if you don’t have a back piece yet. Will that change in any way with the new wardrobe?)

Posted by: Eravyn.7483

Eravyn.7483

I just want to know why, in a game that started out and is becoming more and more about looking how you want, they would take away a HUGE customization factor. It’s their decision how to do this, a town clothes have always been a bit of a waste since there was hardly an occasion to wear them, but to make some tonics is strange, and combine the rest into one piece sets seems to go against what the rest of this update is trying to accomplish. I don’t know what goes into building these games, but maybe when the made the wardrobe, the had to cut down on a few things to make it all fit into one update? Rather than get rid of anything, they just combined the ones that made sense?

Having said that, I will definitely miss wearing my santa hat with the witch’s outfit, but since new hairstyles have been released, I think I’ll be fine.

Posted by: Fenrina.2954

Fenrina.2954

Maybe I Misunderstand the system, My understanding is, Once an item is unlocked, you get unlimited uses of it, for the price of a transmutation charge. so the only fee i can see is… the first time he transmutes the item. I may be wrong.

That isn’t how it works. Putting a skin into the wardrobe is free. Getting it out of the wardrobe costs a charge. Every time he wants to get that hood, it will cost a charge.

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

I would think they’d do something about it.

Keep in mind, they’re refunding duplicate dyes, and they’ve refunded multiples of Infinite tools in the past.

If they say no, however, accept it. Because if they say yes, that’s kindness on their part, not a right you have.

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

That isn’t how it works. Putting a skin into the wardrobe is free. Getting it out of the wardrobe costs a charge. Every time he wants to get that hood, it will cost a charge.

Yes, which is why I’m kinda undecided about making outfits (the full sets like Mad King’s Costume) into mix-and-match pieces. It’d be nice for customisation, but I don’t want to have to spend a TCharge every time I change my mind.

Posted by: nibblesalil.3561

nibblesalil.3561

where is your evidence that it will cost a charge ? do you even have any evidence to support your claims of this if not then why say it ?

how about you show use evidence first ?

if life is a cabaret old chum ………lets caberet

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

Grow up?

In Real Life, people cannot come to you and modify your usage of an item you have already bought. If I buy a toaster with 9 settings on it, they cannot come to me and reset the toaster so it only has 2 settings.

You’re right. In real life, when you buy a beta vcr, no one can modify your existing vcr. However, they can completely stop making anything that runs in your beta vcr.

And that costs a whole lot more than a couple of town clothes.

They can make games faster than your existing computer, they can change laws (as they have where I live) that there won’t be any more broadcast over the airwaves, so you have to go digital.

They can even make stuff that you bought legally illegal. Real life is worse than anything you’re seeing here.