Refund on all townclothes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Sent a mail for a refund on all my town clothes and costumes because thanks to the new system, none of them can be dyed properly anymore.

Why didn’t Anet make the wintersday outfit into a individual item skins also? Why were regular town clothes turned into a frikkin’ tonic instead of skins for individual pieces? And why can outfits only by dyed as a whole instead of per piece like they used to?

I expected some changes, and some loss of items, sure. But this update made &all* of my many town outfits worthless. And it didn’t have to happen…

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Sent a mail for a refund on all my town clothes and costumes because thanks to the new system, none of them can be dyed properly anymore.

Why didn’t Anet make the wintersday outfit into a individual item skins also? Why were regular town clothes turned into a frikkin’ tonic instead of skins for individual pieces? And why can outfits only by dyed as a whole instead of per piece like they used to?

I expected some changes, and some loss of items, sure. But this update made &all* of my many town outfits worthless. And it didn’t have to happen…

There are actually four dye areas on outfits, and I found out that you can hide the head, shoulder, and glove parts by hiding the corresponding armor piece. Not AS customizable as before but not nearly as complete a loss as this makes it out to be.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Spanex.1950

Spanex.1950

There are actually four dye areas on outfits, and I found out that you can hide the head, shoulder, and glove parts by hiding the corresponding armor piece. Not AS customizable as before but not nearly as complete a loss as this makes it out to be.

So THAT’S how it works! I was getting afraid that I had to put up with that huge hat from Pirate’s outfit. What a relief!

ThiBash.5634

No, it’s a complete loss because I relied on the parts being separately dyable to make the outfit look good. I’m a huge Chauncey von Snuffles fan and I made my fancy winter outfit to match the minipet. That’s not longer possible, so for me that’s a huge loss.

I’d really expected the individual pieces to become armor skins instead.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Town Clothes, the ones your character starts with, seem completely un-dyeable.
They come up Black and Red, but when you go to dye them, they aren’t dyeable as tonics.
If the default is broken, then what?

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Indeed. Full refund for me as well. If I can’t get it precisely the way I want it, then I don’t need it any more.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

All I want to know is can I refund my town clothes and not my toys as how do I go about that.
I bought quite a few toys and I want to keep them. I do not however want my town clothes not even my witches outfit

Gunnar’s Hold

ThiBash.5634

All I want to know is can I refund my town clothes and not my toys as how do I go about that.
I bought quite a few toys and I want to keep them. I do not however want my town clothes not even my witches outfit

I’d ask that in the mail to support. I’m sure you can pick what you want to keep and what you want to return.

Posted by: acedragonz.9387

acedragonz.9387

So THAT’S how it works! I was getting afraid that I had to put up with that huge hat from Pirate’s outfit. What a relief!

But the hat is amazing! Especially on an asura.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I’d ask that in the mail to support. I’m sure you can pick what you want to keep and what you want to return.

Thank you

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Moderator.6437

Moderator.6437

Hey there, since we are getting a lot of feedback on this topic right now, we are collecting it all in dedicated threads. You are very welcome to repost your questions comments and concerns here “https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Game-Updates-Wardrobe-Transmutation-Outfits

(edited by Moderator.6437)