Refunding Situation.

Refunding Situation.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kolipoki.4879

kolipoki.4879

It was mentioned in a couple of comments that ArenaNet would offer refunds for people who just bought the game to allow them to upgrade to HoT. I purchased GW2 from amazon on Thursday so I emailed questions asking about how this worked. The conversation went as follows:

I emailed support about the refunding ability and asked questions about whether it needs an account closing. I received the following. (I bought my game from amazon)

We are able to refund an order only if it was purchased within the last 30 days and from our website. As this purchase for Guild Wars 2 was purchased via Amazon it is not possible for us to complete your request. I would only recommend to ask Amazon for a refund.

They didn’t answer any of the questions about losing characters or anything like that. So tough luck for me that bought it from amazon on Thursday. I then sent a second email asking the following questions:

Will a refund cause an account termination (loosing all of my stuff). I assume it would especially a refund from amazon.
Is there a way around this?
Could you just offer like a $20 discount so I can upgrade.
One suggestion was that I pre-order the HoT and then get a refund from amazon. Will that completely destroy your backend stuff? Would it even work and keep all of my data?

Their answer was the following. It looks like an automated response that couldn’t find my topic:

Unfortunately, we do not have any information available about these particular topics. However, we frequently update our official website ( http://www.guildwars2.com ), and we encourage you to keep an eye on the site for announcements and updates about the game. Another resource that you may find of value is the Guild Wars 2 Wiki ( http://wiki.guildwars2.com/ ) which is a player-created resource with a large amount of helpful information for players.

So is it just, “Sorry out of luck for me?” unless I want to erase all of my work or paying another $50?

TLDR: Refunds within 30 days and purchased from website. Support being unhelpful.

(edited by kolipoki.4879)

Refunding Situation.

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

Hopefully they will do the right thing and allow people who created a account AFTER the HoT announcement was released will be credited the cost towards HoT.

E: And by HoT announcement, I mean the announcement that they are actually going to release a expansion. Currently it looks like bait and switch.

(edited by BrooksP.4318)

Refunding Situation.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

if you ask for a refund and get it granted your account will be terminated.

So you wont keep your week worth of progress mate sorry to say.

Refunding Situation.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Well, one company can’t refund you money you spent at another company. So yes, you’ll need to contact Amazon. If you get a refund then your account will be permanently terminated and all progress and characters on that account will be lost.

(You may be able to send all gold and non account bound items to a trusted friend to hold for you. Or if you have a guild bank that’s shared with a trusted friend you can put them in there).

So, it depends if you want to get your refund from Amazon and lose progress or wait and hope that ANet discounts the expansion for veteran players.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Refunding Situation.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Refunds are usually processed on the place you bought it, in this case it’s amazon. The way it works is that basically Amazon bought the game from Anet, then sold it to you, so it would be on their own terms that the refund would happen.

You have 30 days to request a refund from Amazon according to their website, so if you bought a week ago you still have about 3 weeks to apply for one. Currently amazon.com doesn’t have HoT, but according to the pre-purchase FAQ: “Starting on June 23, 2015, you’ll be able to pre-purchase boxed and digital editions of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns from our official retail partners…..”, which includes amazon (source: https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/94582027-Heart-of-Thorns-Pre-Purchase-FAQ )

So, the way I see it, there are two things you can try. First, contact support again and don’t ask about refunds, but about how can you go about upgrading your recently purchased game to a HoT pre-purchase if you bought it trough amazon. Chances are you’ll still get the same “contact amazon” answer.

Second one is to actually contact amazon, explain them the situation about how you bought the game a week ago and now a new version is coming out that includes the game that you bought a week ago and want to see if you can upgrade to that version (to see if you can keep your progress), or if you can’t, to request for a refund so you could buy it (you’ll lose your progress this way as it’d be a new account). Maybe wait until next week when they’ll have HoT available to ask. Amazon support has been great for me so far, they event gave me the option to return me the money or send me another item for free when something I bought got lost in the mail.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Refunding Situation.

Posted by: Zefiris.8297

Zefiris.8297

Don’t worry, a week of progress is nothing. You’ll be much faster next week, if you are still in the mood for the game.

Get a refund from Amazon, and make a new account.

Amazon will probably aid you, they usually have really nice customer support.