Regarding Fractals and fractal rewards.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

You can get a legendary before you get a frac skin drop.

Ba bump. Tired of fractals being less rewarding then normal dungeons for the amount of time you have to put into fractals.

Posted by: Asia Skyly.7198

Asia Skyly.7198

I always thought a fair reward would have been 10 silver/level.

1.7g at level 17, 4.9g at 49.

Posted by: comma.2894

comma.2894

30+ Fractal runs since Fractured. 90% F38 and F49.
0 Skin.
0 Chest.
0 Exotic.

40+ Fractal runs since Fractured. 90% F38 and F49.
0 Skin.
0 Chest.
0 Exotic.

Bump and edit

Lets see my stats…
Around 30 runs since Fractured between lvl 20 to 40
0 skins
0 chests
2 soulbound exotics with bad stats
Even the rings have gotten scarce, usually I get one every 3rd or 4th run now and most of the time it’s not infused.
Now with the recent changes to Dredge I’ve almost giving up on fractals all together.
When I do run it and my group gets Dredge we re-roll, just not worth the time invested.
Please fix fractals Anet. At the very least the Dredge fractal.

Posted by: Tyson.8492

Tyson.8492

First of all let me say I am not debating that drops have gotten worse or that rewards shouldn’t be improved for the amount of time spent completing fractals. I am only stating my stats as of the last patch:

I have run about 10 or 12 complete fractal runs or (48) fracs since the last patch on Feb. 4th which means 1 or 2 per day @ levels 20 – 49 and have managed….

3 – Skins (Longbow, Sceptor & Focus) all from lvl 49 runs
1 – Ascended Weapons Chest (1 Cleric stats from a lvl 22 run)

I will say that I have seen my fair share of empty chests at the end of runs as well where all you get is the pristine relic and gold but overall I would say I must be in the minority of those who have seen a drop off in loot.

Multiple times there have been more than 1 in my group who has received a weapon skin or chest.

I will mention that prior to this run of good fortune, I only managed 1 ascended weapons chest in about 260 fractals ran.

My Stats: typically run anywhere from 165% – 185% magic find
I have ran a total of 319 fractals overall
Currently Level 49

I do agree the Dredge fractal needs to be changed as this fractal alone can add 45 min to the overall run even if you have a superior group running it because of ad respawn rates and sheer dredge numbers. With a solid group, you should be able to complete all 4 fracs in a run within 1 to 1.5 hrs.

Posted by: acruz.6013

acruz.6013

I didn’t get into fractals until after the Fractured update so I will probably never get a weapon skin. I’m currently lvl 39 in fracs and try to run at least 2 sets a day (unless I get dredge) then just once or none. In that time I’ve had no chests, no skins a couple of soul bound exotics with un useable stats and sometimes a ring (mostly not infused). I really do hope anet takes notice as I do enjoy running fracs with the exception of dredge ( which I hate and have started re-rolling instead of running ). With weapon skin drop rates so low and poor overall rewards I’m seriously thinking of just giving up on fracs and spend my time elsewhere.

Posted by: zMajc.4659

zMajc.4659

I have pretty much stopped doing fractals since this change went in. The reward for time invested is so low I started spending my time in dungeon speedruns for tripple the reward for third the effort.

Thank you for encouraging challenging play …. NOT.

p.s. ascended cleric armor/weapon boxes droping 95% of the time are useless to most players.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Also accountbound exotics without stats and sigils, and rares without upgrades.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Thank you everyone for your feedback and for keeping this thread bumped and visible.

I hope that we will manage to get some answers soon.
In the mean time I’ve kept at doing fractals and so far nothing has dropped for me.

Also – it would be great if more unique to fractals recipes were introduced. That might create more incentive!

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

zMajc.4659

Some suggestions how Fractal rewards could be made better.

- Make Fractal weapon skins buyable with fractal tokens for decent but not too high price 2k – 3k Fractal tokend per weapon.
- Make ascended armor and weapon boxes buyable for a high 3-4k fractal tokens per weapon/armor box
- Add uniq rare weapons as drops to fractals.
- raise daily reward a lot … Tier 1 = 1g, Tier 2 = 2g. Tier 3 = 3g, etc

(edited by zMajc.4659)

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Said many times that selling fractal skins would make the only reward pointless since anyone could farm level 1 until they get enough tokens.

Skins needs to be hard to obtain (not like they are today but like they were preFractured, removing drop from 10-19) and maybe a 4 skins for 1 chest recipe at forge.

P.S. fotm 1 is way easier than any dungeon…..

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

zMajc.4659

P.S. fotm 1 is way easier than any dungeon…..

I suspect that’s the reason why devs think dredge fractal is fine as it is. They only ever did it at low levels and though it was fine, then set higher level difficulty based on their projected difficulty/fractal lvl graph settings

Harper.4173

Fractal Torch dropped today. Yay.

Sadly I have no use for it.

Asia Skyly.7198

I have 5 torches. Needless to say only three classes in the game can use a torch. What do you do with the rest?

zMajc.4659

I really wish Devs would stop ignoring Fractals threads completely.

Any feedback would be gread, even if it’s a negatove one. Then we’d at least where we stand.

Harper.4173

That’s what bugs me the most too – i’d really like to at least know how things are. Just a straight answer.

Asia Skyly.7198

The silence is what is most infuriating. How long do we have to wait until someone answers?

Posted by: Brothar Monk.6973

Brothar Monk.6973

Hey Harper

I ran in the frac that you got that torch on – I am a veteran of thousands of fractal runs (increase the fractal frequenter cap Anet please!!!). I do almost daily fractal 10/20/30/40/50. I wouldn’t do fractals if I didn’t like doing them because the rewards are simply not there. I will often do additional fractal runs at any level every day for no bonus chest simply because I enjoy doing fractals (I’m the person people turn to in my guild when they need to learn fractals).

People complain a lot about dredge. I like dredge – even more now that the “shortcuts” were taken out. They need to make the other fractal dungeons in the same tier just as lengthy and frustrating for some. That being said – they need to adjust the final reward for completing a fractal to reflect the additional amount of work and potential amount of rage generated during that last frac – if I wanted a crummy gold for doing a dungeon I’d go do the easy PvE dungeon chain since I could make 10-20 gold in the amount of time it takes to do 1 fractal run if you get Dredge.

During the Fractured update the developers mentioned they would continue to work on fractals. Lately, it seems like Anet is definitely trying to lock down a product cycle where they release a new part for each of the GW2 game types every month or so. This is a good model to use; however, it tends to leave players that specialize and play in only one part of the game out of the loop for months until the cycle hits again.

I like that they increased the drop-rate on ascended stuff in WvW but by doing that they cleared out some of the higher tier fractal players that were only doing the 49/50 daily for a chance at a chest.

I also find the number of notes for real time updates to the game for WvW fixes after big patches to be interesting. I can’t remember the last time I saw an update go in for a progress blocking bug in fractals (yes, I’ve reported a few!).

There is room for improvement to the rewards system for fracs and I think Anet is heading in the right direction. It would be nice if they sped up a bit or gave us something to keep us interested in waiting it out though.

[AXIS] Praetorian Scipio

P.S. if any Anet employee is reading this: I’m pretty sure the hamster you got running the RNG wheel for my ascended chest drops is dead so please replace or rotate wheel off zero. kthx

Harper.4173

Hey mate – glad to see you and thank you for the feedback.
There’s going to be a fractal CDI thread up in a while from what I hear -we should link this topic or paste the main ideas there.

Thanks for keeping the input coming!