Regarding Glory booster

Regarding Glory booster

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Neotko.3492

Neotko.3492

I know Devs have answer saying that ‘if you buy-it directly something will be done’

I will like to acknowledge the current position about how is this company working with an example.

Imagine you go to a movie. You buy a ‘pack of yummy stuff’. It is promoted to have ‘yummy random stuff’

You open the package and go into the movie. You check the content and see some stuff that you will like to ‘save’ for a rainy day.

After 1 hour while watching the movie, one guy goes near your sit and take’s some of your ‘yummy’ stuff and dont replace it. He just TAKE IT AWAY.

You ask ‘why are you taking away some of my yummy stuff?’

The guy answers ‘It was posted on a newspaper that after 1hour some parts of the content of the ’yummy pack’ would be REMOVED FROM YOUR POSESION WITHOUT FUTHER REPLACEMENT.

But you didn’t read the newspaper…

But the ‘yummy pack’ didn’t have a WARNING LABEL saying ‘You must read the newspaper as the contents you get from the yummy pack can be removed from your possession at any GIVEN TIME’

So, you went to see a movie, after 1hour someone from the ‘staff’ took away some of the content you PAID FOR but wasn’t directly bough, and he didn’t give you anything to compensate your MONEY.

Ok…

The Yummy pack is the Black Lion Chest
The stuff they take away from it it’s the Glory Booster.

Now, please, Anet, can you explain how a user MUST READ websites to know what will happen with their items?

Also, how can you say that stuff from BLC can be removed at any given time without A IN GAME WARNING.

Best regards

Regarding Glory booster

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

Anything can be removed at any time in any game, period. It happens all the time. In Guild Wars 1 they removed entire PvP types.

Of course stuff like this can happen in real life too. You can buy a membership to a gym and the gym can go out of business. Try to get your money back.

Regarding Glory booster

Posted by: Neotko.3492

Neotko.3492

Anything can be removed at any time in any game, period. It happens all the time. In Guild Wars 1 they removed entire PvP types.

Of course stuff like this can happen in real life too. You can buy a membership to a gym and the gym can go out of business. Try to get your money back.

There are legal ways to try to get the money back. In the mmo world you just can’t. But when something isn’t right that does not mean you must not fight to get it right.

Regarding Glory booster

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Funny, most people comment on how much they disliked finding Glory Boosters in chests, or elsewhere, as they will soon be obsolete.

Regarding Glory booster

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m pretty sure there is something in the EULA which says that any part of the game can be changed at any time, with or without notice. But it’s been a while since I read it so I don’t remember the exact wording.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Regarding Glory booster

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Are we talking about PvP Glory boosters? Like the ones you get from doing PvP daily? The ones that you get tons of and there is never a shortage of them? Those same Glory boosters?

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Regarding Glory booster

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

You signed a contract that stipulated that they can change the game in any way they want, including editing your inventory.

So while you may argue that you didn’t read that newspaper, they have a copy of that newspaper where you wrote “I read this” and signed your name.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Regarding Glory booster

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I think the OP is trying to say they’re mad that glory boosters are being taken from the game with no compensation to people who “bought them indirectly” with real money from drops in the black lion chests. And didn’t know that they would be taken from the game on March 18 and thus did not use them.

I get it, I’m not happy about it either. But there’s nothing really to be done, sadly.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Regarding Glory booster

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

And didn’t know that they would be taken from the game on March 18 and thus did not use them.

I get it, I’m not happy about it either. But there’s nothing really to be done, sadly.

If you PvP and don’t use your Glory boosters shame on you.

If you don’t PvP, and were saving up your Glory boosters so that some day when you did PvP you could level up faster, then I dunno what to say honestly.

Are they really removing them from the game completely? Was there some kind of exploit related to them that they found out? Because +50% Glory is not game breaking, especially with the ridiculous number of ranks available in PvP.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Regarding Glory booster

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Yeah I don’t pvp, they just came in black lion chests along with other boosters I do actually use. They’re removing them because they’re removing glory, so they become pretty much useless.

I’m not mad or anything, though it would be cool if we could forge them and turn them into another type of booster (for me I’d choose exp for alts) but meh.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Regarding Glory booster

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

So if we buy them directly from the gem store we get refunded. If we got them via keys we bought we’re essentially kittehned. Wonderful.

Regarding Glory booster

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

~~~ snip ~~~

Anet provided advanced warnings via the official website. Is it their fault that you didn’t take advantage of this free service?

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Regarding Glory booster

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

So if we buy them directly from the gem store we get refunded. If we got them via keys we bought we’re essentially kittehned. Wonderful.

I’ll add that getting them from the achievement chests replaced an otherwise useful-elsewhere booster.

~~~ snip ~~~

Anet provided advanced warnings via the official website. Is it their fault that you didn’t take advantage of this free service?

Yes. And you make it sound like they are offering a limited-time chance to exchange glory boosters for something else, which they are not doing.
Also, a lot of people have more glory boosters than they are able to use in the time they gave people to use them. maybe 1 month of notice? a guildie of mine still has like 400 glory boosters. But let’s assume he didn’t have more when notice was first gave – he would have to be actively doing pvp for 13 hours a day to actually use them in time. He does play a lot, but no where near 13 hours.

Regarding Glory booster

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’ll add that getting them from the achievement chests replaced an otherwise useful-elsewhere booster.

~~~ snip ~~~

Yes. And you make it sound like they are offering a limited-time chance to exchange glory boosters for something else, which they are not doing.
Also, a lot of people have more glory boosters than they are able to use in the time they gave people to use them. maybe 1 month of notice? a guildie of mine still has like 400 glory boosters. But let’s assume he didn’t have more when notice was first gave – he would have to be actively doing pvp for 13 hours a day to actually use them in time. He does play a lot, but no where near 13 hours.

We’ve know about this for “months” now. I think I made 60+ Tomes with the Glory I farmed since the warning.

Regarding Glory booster

Mystic.5934

months? sheesh. well, that just goes to show how well their communication is. where was the original source, anyways? I’ve only heard it from other players.

Regarding Glory booster

Smooth Penguin.5294

months? sheesh. well, that just goes to show how well their communication is. where was the original source, anyways? I’ve only heard it from other players.

They communicate through the official website located at: www.guildwars2.com

Regarding Glory booster

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

Sorry to say but the only time I browse this website is when I’m bored at work. That doesn’t happen every month.

I suspect the majority of the player base never touches this website.

Regarding Glory booster

Smooth Penguin.5294

Sorry to say but the only time I browse this website is when I’m bored at work. That doesn’t happen every month.

That would be their fault then. On the login splash screen, links are provided to update players about the latest happenings. Be it patch notes or planned changes, Anet does a great job communicating via their official website and forums.

Regarding Glory booster

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

That would be their fault then. On the login splash screen, links are provided to update players about the latest happenings. Be it patch notes or planned changes, Anet does a great job communicating via their official website and forums.

Except for the times that they rely on twitter/facebook without making posts on the official websites. That irks me to no end.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Regarding Glory booster

Mystic.5934

and the links open your web browser. it would literally be easier for them to copy/paste whatever they have to say directly to the login page than copy/paste links there. They just want visits to their website so badly they are willing to sacrifice our knowledge to get them.

Regarding Glory booster

Smooth Penguin.5294

and the links open your web browser. it would literally be easier for them to copy/paste whatever they have to say directly to the login page than copy/paste links there. They just want visits to their website so badly they are willing to sacrifice our knowledge to get them.

Let’s see. Put in a vast amount of information in a small section of the login page, or provide links for players to click, taking them to a page dedicated to the topic at hand.

I think links are the best solutions. If a player doesn’t want to click on them, that’s their call. If someone feels they don’t need to know what’s going on, who are we to force them?

This works out well. People like me get to see changes, and then adjust my buying habits on the Trading Post. People who don’t read updates are the ones who end up paying more for things they need later on. It’s the circle of life.

Regarding Glory booster

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

Ether way I collected close to 100 Glory Boosters just to prove a point in what position Elementalists are in this game so yeah, I’m going to say bye bye to all of them since I had no use of them in this current Meta. Good-bye!

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

Regarding Glory booster

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

Your analogy is very poor.
You did something and got a glory booster as reward, same as a bonus free yummy from a movie concession. The difference is, however, you do not save that yummy for weeks and even months, stockpiling tons of them. No, you eat it then and there at the theater.
The only problem people are having with the discontinuation of the boosters and glory is that they stockpiled a years worth and now can’t use them in time. If you didnt use them, you probably weren’t going to anyway and this is just an excuse to cry about something.
Had you actually wanted to use the boosters, they’d be used by now.