Regarding botting/gold selling, but not the obvious question...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kuma.6042

Kuma.6042

I would post this in the sticky, but that seems to be locked so I have to ask it in a separate thread.

I know you’re working on getting bots sorted, or at least convincing us of that. But what I wanted to know – is the illicit gold being taken out of the market? For instance when you ban hammer a bot, do you check if any gold mailings have been done? And more importantly: are you taking that gold out of the economy (i.e. ban the gold buyers too!) ?

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

Or the items they’ve fed into the market. Its great to be a consumer right now if you have money, but you won’t get much selling back to the market.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

Posted by: Natjur.4017

Natjur.4017

Player A bots and sells gold to player B
Player B uses the gold and buys crafting items from player C
Player C now has the gold, do you remove the gold from them as you requested?

Player C did nothing wrong.

Its hard enough for them to prove Player A was a real bot, even harder to prove Player B brought the gold . But if they just remove the gold, its Player C who gets burnt

Posted by: ounkeo.9138

ounkeo.9138

you do know that the smart gold sellers don’t actually send gold from their accounts right? They use other people’s accounts or accounts that are otherwise legit.

What is the purpose of asking this again. In the other thread about banning buyers, noone has addressed the points I made about proper identification of what is and what isn’t a legit/illegal transaction.

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

I doubt they (bots) keep much gold on themselves. If anything I would guess the gold is spread out across many accounts as mules. Like fighting a hydra.

Posted by: Moderator.7542

Moderator.7542

The best thing players can do is continue to report every incident of suspected botting behavior they witness using the in-game ticketing system. Thanks for the continued reports and everyone’s patience. It’s greatly appreciated!
This thread will be closed.