Regarding hard-to-get exotic gears

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

We know for a fact legendaries will have ascended weapon stats when ascended weapons come out. What about rarer exotic gears (eg. Abyssal Scepter)? They typically require hundreds of gold to make which more than justifies the extra few stats which we’d presumably get. Has there been anything said that these items would be promoted to ascended tier?

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

Transmute them to new weapon and tadaaa, you got your expencive skin and new best stats.

Heijincks.9267

Transmute them to new weapon and tadaaa, you got your expencive skin and new best stats.

That’s what I’ve been thinking, although other factors such as getting the ascended weapon would have to be taken into account.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I find it unlikely.

The whole reason they brought Ascended in in the fist place was because of ‘progression’. Automatically upgrading the fancy Exotics defeats the entire purpose of introducing Ascended in the first place.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Heijincks.9267

I find it unlikely.

The whole reason they brought Ascended in in the fist place was because of ‘progression’. Automatically upgrading the fancy Exotics defeats the entire purpose of introducing Ascended in the first place.

They made Triforge upgradable.

TheDaiBish.9735

I find it unlikely.

They did?

They upgraded it, or is it a recipe?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

I find it unlikely.

They did?

It’s a recipe. Basically free.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Heijincks.9267

I find it unlikely.

They did?

A bit of both. You take the original Triforge, throw in some relatively cheap material along with it into the Mystic Forge and it spits out an ascended Triforge.

Posted by: Mercypsy.9602

Mercypsy.9602

They should upgrade them IMO. Corrupted weapons for example, need lots of lodestones thus requiring a large commitment to make. I’ve only recived 5 fine transmutation stones in 600 hrs of game time, so cash shop is the only option if I want to keep using the skin on ascended.

TheDaiBish.9735

I find it unlikely.

They did?

A bit of both. You take the original Triforge, throw in some relatively cheap material along with it into the Mystic Forge and it spits out an ascended Triforge.

Ahh. In which case, they may do the same with fancy Exotics, rather than just upgrade them.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.