Regarding the October 1st Update

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yozoh.8179

Yozoh.8179

“Armor that is currently equipped can no longer be transmuted.”

I’m sorry, What’s the reason behind this?
It really frustrates me to hear this, since many people, including myself, like to continuously customize the way our characters look.
Not to be negative or anything, but this just puzzles me.

I really hope this means that you can still unequip the armor, transmutate it, and then put it back on. If that’s the case, then I’m completely fine with it.

What’s the community’s thoughts on this? I’m just trying to understand, and hope this is posted in the right section of the forums.
A simple answer/reply from one of the Devs would be great, also.

(edited by Yozoh.8179)

Posted by: AndrewWaltfeld.4621

AndrewWaltfeld.4621

it means you take the armor off.. transmute… put it back on.

Posted by: shogun.5328

shogun.5328

My reaction is that you are overreacting. It doesn’t mean soulbound armor can’t be transmuted, it means EQUIPPED armor can’t be transmuted.

Unequip it and calm down.

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

You have to unequip it first, then you can transmute. I don’t feel that this was a necessary fix but I suppose it can work as a hot-fix for the “naked” bug. I hope they change this back in the future as just ease of use thing. I mean, now my character will spend more time naked than they usually would just so I can transmute my gear lol.

Posted by: Masher.8051

Masher.8051

I believe you have misunderstood the text, as have others. I think it just means you must now unequip your current armour then transmute it then re-equip it. I think(not sure) this was done due to a bug/glitch, that allowed people to be come nude.

(edited by Masher.8051)

Posted by: Yozoh.8179

Yozoh.8179

Gotcha. I understand it now. Thank you all!

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

I always took off any piece of armor that was to be transmuted before the procedure anyway because I assumed that that was necessary – I never knew about this nudity bug/glitch. Can’t see that this particular update makes any practical difference to the way I do things.