Rejoice Small Guilds! Guild Mission Blog Post

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Levistis.8356

Levistis.8356

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-missions-a-good-foundation/

Sounds great, especially for my small guild.

Magummadweller

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

this is pretty good, i wonder how often you can do the training mission per week, its actually a pretty good idea to award decent influence for guild activities

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

Do training missions award commendations, 2 rares, and 50 silver? That’s what I want to know.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Do training missions award commendations, 2 rares, and 50 silver? That’s what I want to know.

Probably/hopefully not. At least when it comes to the rares and silver.

If they do there wouldn’t really be much of a reason to do higher tier bounties unless you wanted to unlock other missions.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

Instead of Guild Merits, 3000 Guild Influence will be rewarded

In my opinion I would rather have the Merits then the influence. Also it’s still disheartening to see that Guild Puzzles are still a long while from being unlocked. It begs the question why were they added to the game, if it takes a couple of months to unlock anyways?

lordkrall.7241

In my opinion I would rather have the Merits then the influence. Also it’s still disheartening to see that Guild Puzzles are still a long while from being unlocked. It begs the question why were they added to the game, if it takes a couple of months to unlock anyways?

It don’t.
Unless I miscalculated it is very possible for a guild to have every single Guild Mission unlocked by now.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Next

I have some clarifications for you guys. The intent of the training mission is to make it easier for your small or less active guild to access other guild missions (or acquire anything else you need influence for). It’s not meant to replace standard bounty hunts or augment influence gain for guilds that can already earn a ton of it. To that end:

• The commendations, rares, and silver are not awarded. That reward is specific to actual bounty missions.
  • The training mission can be researched and activated as many times as you like. You can stockpile up to 10. Keep in mind that researching a training mission will tie up one of your research slots and that boosting that research with extra influence will ultimately cancel out a portion or all of your gains from the training mission.

I’m happy to answer further questions, but please remain civil in this thread. Thanks!

Posted by: Nurse.1085

Nurse.1085

It says new weapons will be added, does that mean Ascended Weapons?

Previous

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Next

It says new weapons will be added, does that mean Ascended Weapons?

The new weapons are exotics. They have unique skins and are only attainable through guild content.

Ascended weapons may be available from guild content at some point in the future, but that hasn’t been decided yet.

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

It don’t.
Unless I miscalculated it is very possible for a guild to have every single Guild Mission unlocked by now.

You forgot that merits have a weekly cap, and they are unlocked in order (not by choice).

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

-sigh- Well at least we might finally be able to get the influence needed to train the missions. Though for many of us, they’ll still be impossible to actually complete. Giving new skins for content that most people cannot do is still a bad design decision.

Posted by: Combatter.5123

Combatter.5123

I’m a guild leader of a small guild and I’m really pleased that ArenaNet have added in these as they kill two birds with one stone..

1. they let us have a taster of guild missions
2. they give us a way to earn influence faster so that we can do the proper guild missions.

Well done ArenaNet :-)

Maetheryl Thorswood (Ranger), Bennish (Guardian), Lex Sabre (Elementalist)
Tyria, Underworld

lordkrall.7241

You forgot that merits have a weekly cap, and they are unlocked in order (not by choice).

No, I didn’t forget that.
You could however unlock the second type a week after the update, and a week after that you should be able to get the third one. After that it goes quite fast, since you get merits for each of the mission types, independent of each other.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Cora.9745

Cora.9745

What a minute, don’t guilds need the Merits in order to ‘unlock’ the other missions-like the puzzles and races? I was always confused about that part…

If you do, that means small guilds will not be able to unlock them, since Merits are not included in the reward.

Dalishya Aibreann=80R/80T/80EL Eternal Night-Crystal Desert

“You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”

phys.7689

It don’t.

its not possible, influence isnt what holds back large guilds, its merits, and its only been about 4 weeks
guild bounty unlocked week zero
25 merits max
week 1
25 merits
unlock guild trek
20 merits left
week 2
10+20 = 55 merits
week 3
55+25+10= 90 merits
unlock guild rush
10 merits left
week 4 (this is the first week guild rush is actually playable)
20+25+10+15=70
week 5
70+25+10+15= 120
week 6
120+25+10+15=170
unlock guild challenge
20 merits left
week 7
20+25+10+15+30=
100 merits
week 8
100+80 = 180 merits
week9
180+80 = 260 merits
unlock guild puzzle
week 10
guild puzzle playable

soo yeah, right now i think the highest any guild can be is guild rush.

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Nice! Perfect, any kind of missions that we can unlock are awesome and 3k is literally 1-2 weeks worth of influence for us at least.

Thank you!!

Posted by: Mwerevu.4013

Mwerevu.4013

If it doesn’t reward merits, commendations, rares, or silver, then what’s the point?

Posted by: Will.9785

Will.9785

Have they fixed the issues with guesting yet? I don’t have any incentive to run these missions with my guild because I can’t get any rewards since my guild’s home is on another server.

lordkrall.7241

What a minute, don’t guilds need the Merits in order to ‘unlock’ the other missions-like the puzzles and races? I was always confused about that part…

If you do, that means small guilds will not be able to unlock them, since Merits are not included in the reward.

The point of the training bounties is to help smaller guilds get the influence in order to research and start the real bounties which award merits.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

phys.7689

No, I didn’t forget that.
You could however unlock the second type a week after the update, and a week after that you should be able to get the third one. After that it goes quite fast, since you get merits for each of the mission types, independent of each other.

remember each unlock takes a week, then again i guess if they got enough influence they can rush that, didnt calculate that. but even minusing 4 weeks, youd still take like 5 weeks i think. too lazy to do the math again though

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

If they make these give some merits so small guilds can unlock content like treks I’d say good job, but so far this is not the case. True small guilds will be able to gain influence faster, and influence will eventually be worthless, but they will never be able to do the actual bounty missions so they can progress anyway.

Still.. good job, I guess it something.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

phys.7689

I have some clarifications for you guys. The intent of the training mission is to make it easier for your small or less active guild to access other guild missions (or acquire anything else you need influence for). It’s not meant to replace standard bounty hunts or augment influence gain for guilds that can already earn a ton of it. To that end:

• The commendations, rares, and silver are not awarded. That reward is specific to actual bounty missions.
  • The training mission can be researched and activated as many times as you like. You can stockpile up to 10. Keep in mind that researching a training mission will tie up one of your research slots and that boosting that research with extra influence will ultimately cancel out a portion or all of your gains from the training mission.

I’m happy to answer further questions, but please remain civil in this thread. Thanks!

is it intentional that guild trek doesnt award any token/rares/money?

Posted by: Cora.9745

Cora.9745

The point of the training bounties is to help smaller guilds get the influence in order to research and start the real bounties which award merits.

…So how is the a ‘good thing’ for small guilds? We are still gated from the content unless we join the large guild mobs. Many of us do not want to play that way. Again, this is back to the “play it our way” or don’t play. When I saw Anet’s ‘update" I thought “well, maybe” Judging by other people’s responses, they thought the same…..But no. I wish they would at least be honest about their intentions. If they want to make this game "only large guilds see content: just say so!

Dalishya Aibreann=80R/80T/80EL Eternal Night-Crystal Desert

“You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”

(edited by Cora.9745)

lordkrall.7241

…So how is the a ‘good thing’ for small guilds? We are still gated from the content unless we join the large guild mobs. Many of us do not want to play that way. Again, this is back to the “play it our way” or don’t play.

It is a good thing because it helps smaller guilds to get influence faster in order to unlock the real mission?

Why would anyone even bother with doing the real missions if you could get the same reward for doing the easy mode version?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Swoo.5079

Swoo.5079

At least one can gain enough influence to start working for the other guild activities.
Then if one decide so and actually expand its group of friends and invite them to the guild, you will be in a much better position.

Ascended items are Anet biggest mistake and a kneejerk reaction.

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

It is possible to complete certain guild bounties with 5-6 people.

If you cant get at least 5 people online, you arnt really a guild.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

timmyf.1490

Yeah, so this is a half-fix. It helps with the influence-earning, but doesn’t help us keep guild members who will leave over lack of loot.

Obviously, I very much appreciate this change, but it doesn’t quite feel like enough. If this was more of a “Tier 0” that simply awarded 0 Merits, I’d be much more gung-ho about it.

timmyf.1490

Why would anyone even bother with doing the real missions if you could get the same reward for doing the easy mode version?

Why would anyone even bother with doing Tier 3 if you could get the same reward for doing the easier Tier 1 version?

lordkrall.7241

Why would anyone even bother with doing Tier 3 if you could get the same reward for doing the easier Tier 1 version?

Because you can only get rewards for one per tier each week?
In order to maximize your merit gain per week you need to first complete a tier 1 and then do a tier 2 OR simply doing a tier 3.

These training missions sounds like they are possible to complete and gain credit for several times each week though.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Previous

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Next

Yeah, so this is a half-fix. It helps with the influence-earning, but doesn’t help us keep guild members who will leave over lack of loot.

This is one of the problems that we’re specifically trying to address here. Even if your entire guild is representing another guild, you can have these training missions researching in your inactive guild and then swap back over to complete them for massive influence gains.

Posted by: Grileenor.1497

Grileenor.1497

I’m a guild leader of a small guild and I’m really pleased that ArenaNet have added in these as they kill two birds with one stone..

1. they let us have a taster of guild missions
2. they give us a way to earn influence faster so that we can do the proper guild missions.

Well done ArenaNet :-)

The same here. Well done, this is quite a good addition.

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Not too bad.

You can get some influence together towards doing them yourselves, and in the meantime you can do what I’ve already been doing, using gw2lfg.com to join random guilds to help with their bounties temporarily (and get the 2 comms that way).

Big guilds still have the advantage obviously, but small guilds got a little something to build some influence at least. It’s something.

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

In order to maximize your merit gain per week you need to first complete a tier 1 and then do a tier 2 OR simply doing a tier 3.

These training missions sounds like they are possible to complete and gain credit for several times each week though.

Even if they’re not, 3k influence on top of the normal 1-2k we make in a week is huge for my guild and just being able to do them is really all I wanted to begin with:)

Posted by: Mwerevu.4013

Mwerevu.4013

This is one of the problems that we’re specifically trying to address here. Even if your entire guild is representing another guild, you can have these training missions researching in your inactive guild and then swap back over to complete them for massive influence gains.

Without personal rewards like commendations, I don’t see much incentive for most people to do that.

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

Larger guilds like the one I’m in do T3 missions for the merits to unlock other missions. But I still think missions are a waste all together, can do a T3 bounty in 7 minutes and if you already did your mission that week you just get some silver, I think these guild missions are a joke personally, just like high level fractals.

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

timmyf.1490

I’m talking about individuals, not the guild. Individuals are motivated by the commendations, rares, and silver. By giving those rewards to a 0-Merit Tier 0, individuals in small guilds could still get their weekly reward BUT the guild would still have to do Tier 1-3 to earn merits.

That would seem to fit well in the current system, right? I mean, it’s just that instead of tiers that award 15, 20, or 25 merits, it would be 0, 15, 20, or 25.

Posted by: Faerun.3091

Faerun.3091

Here’s a tip for small guilds…. Help each other out.. What do I mean by that. I’m in a relativly small guild, we have 10-15 max active player, and we do T2 guild bounty mission easily because we teamed up with another guild who is in our situation as well. We help them with their giuld bounty, then they help us with our guild bounty.

This is a nice fix because it will allow small guilds to get to the T1 bounty mission faster, and then try and find another small guild, or even bigger guild to help you out. I’m sure there are a lot of guilds who need help from someone else…

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

Are the skins bind on acquire or bind on equip?

Also, will there be new armor available too?

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

Posted by: Phazon.7503

Phazon.7503

Anthony, thank you so much for this change.
As a leader of a Dutch Guild with about 10-15 daily active players (Total is 150, but a lot of them don’t play often), Influence was a big thing for us to overcome. With about 500-1000 influence a day, it would take weeks and months before we could unlock those other missions. Doing the Tier 1/2 bounties was no problem in the last couple of weeks, because there were always about 15-20 people online that hour to help, but the influence gain was a problem. So, on behalf of our whole Guild, thank you very much for these changes. We will combine a Tier 2 weekly mission with a couple of Training Sessions on those evenings. ^^

timmyf.1490

I hope you don’t find this offensive, please don’t think I’m being a jerk here, but this is how the conversation is going…

Me, a small guild leader: “My guild can’t do guild missions! I’m worried my members will start repping other guilds for teh lootz!”
You: “We’ve added a new tier you can do!”
Me: “But those don’t award teh lootz!”
You: “But your guild can still earn lootz by representing other guilds!”
Me: “THAT’S WHAT I’M AFRAID OF!!!”

It’s certainly a positive change, but it doesn’t address my core concern.

Edit: said another way, you helped to fix the gating, but not the incentives that drive players to large guilds.

(edited by timmyf.1490)

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

I don’t think you truly understand what makes a guild a guild. This is a band-aid solution at best. The blog speaks about laying a foundation, but what you’ve started on first is the roof. Go back to the drawing board and do a full redesign I would say.

Posted by: Kane Fire Blade.7482

Kane Fire Blade.7482

I think this update is spot on it lets smaller guilds have a way to get influence to get access to the main guild missions!
Don’t forget other players can aid you in doing these missions as like the others so this will help small guilds a lot and allow them access to the Main guild missions it will still take time for the larger guild missions but it wont feel like we are left out as much!
Best update ever i think really supports the little players!

Posted by: rootnode.9546

rootnode.9546

I hope you don’t find this offensive, please don’t think I’m being a jerk here, but this is how the conversation is going…

Me, a small guild leader: “My guild can’t do guild missions! I’m worried my members will start repping other guilds for teh lootz!”
You: “We’ve added a new tier you can do!”
Me: “But those don’t award teh lootz!”
You: “But your guild can still earn lootz by representing other guilds!”
Me: “THAT’S WHAT I’M AFRAID OF!!!”

It’s certainly a positive change, but it doesn’t address my core concern.

Exactly…this “solution” is well meant, but it’s half-kittened and not thought through well. But hey, at least they are responding HERE. They don’t listen, but at least they respond.

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Funnily enough, you can still get your commendations and rares from just killing one bounty from teir 1.

Posted by: rootnode.9546

rootnode.9546

Well, many in our guild are just continuing until ESO is released….it seems like a better option with every day that passes.

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

timmyf.1490

Exactly…this “solution” is well meant, but it’s half-kittened and not thought through well. But hey, at least they are responding HERE. They don’t listen, but at least they respond.

Actually, I think they do listen. Very much. Small guild leaders like myself just didn’t phrase our concerns well-enough. We said, “We don’t have the influence! We can’t do it! People will leave!”

They addressed that. And quickly! It’s just that they fixed the symptom and not the underlying problem. I think this is proof that they hear us and do not want to destroy small guilds… but the solution seems sub-optimal.

It’s not necessary for ArenaNet devs to show up here, read posts, and comment. And it is ALWAYS appreciated when they do, even when I don’t like what they’re saying. <3

timmyf.1490

Funnily enough, you can still get your commendations and rares from just killing one bounty from teir 1.

That’s a good point. And it’s probably the answer for smaller guilds that won’t be able to kill both, at least when it comes to personal loot.

Previous

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Next

I don’t think you truly understand what makes a guild a guild.…

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about what a guild is. Guild content, however, is designed to be about challenges that can only be overcome by working with other people. The new mission type is not intended to change that by circumventing the content that’s already in place. All it does it make it more accessible.

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

From some of the posts here, it seems like some small guilds just won’t be satisfied until they can do everything large guilds can do, otherwise it’s the same line over and over:

“This game caters large guilds only”.

If you own a corner store, do you expect to be able to be on par with a CEO of a corporation?

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

I don’t think you truly understand what makes a guild a guild.…

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about what a guild is. Guild content, however, is designed to be about challenges that can only be overcome by working with other people. The new mission type is not intended to change that by circumventing the content that’s already in place. All it does it make it more accessible.

Look mate, I respect that you are replying here and I respect that you are trying to help folks out…but who is this change supposed to benefit?

Small guilds could amass the influence via gold-spending if they /really/ wanted to. But for what benefit? Unlocking guild bounties doesn’t help anyone actually DO the guild bounties.

So you have helped out small-guilds who simply couldn’t GAIN or BUY the influence. What makes you think these guild can then DO the guild missions as they currently stand? That’s the problem you are missing here. And by adding more rewards to them(skins), you are screwing over the rest of the populace even more because they refuse to compromise and get into a big, impersonal guild.