Relationships in GW2

Relationships in GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

So IRL me and my ex broke up a few days, we were about to get back together and then we started fighting again and now it’s pretty much 1% chance we are getting back together. Well, we had good memories together, but it ended bad.

Is there any chance we can have relationships in GW2? I mean with other player characters. Housing and stuff would help a lot though.

Relationships in GW2

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Sorry to hear that the relationship didn’t go to plan.

I’m kind of confused about what direction you want your thread to go though- you talk about your ex and then you talk about housing/guild halls? I don’t see the connection between the two.

If you’re interested in guild halls/housing I’m pretty sure there’s a CDI right now about guild halls.

If you’re interested in relationships, they most certainly can work through Guild Wars. I know plenty of people (myself included) that use/have used the Guild Wars franchise as a way to connect to their significant other.

Relationships in GW2

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Don’t rebound into an internet relationship. No good can come of this.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Relationships in GW2

Posted by: daemonis.2937

daemonis.2937

I think he is talking about like something Archeage has, like in-game relationship making (getting married to another character in the game). I think it’s interesting, would be cool to see how roleplaying would go with this if it were ever added, or even talked about in a CDI or something.

IGN: Golemancer Vixxn
Server: Stormbluff Isle
Roleplay, PVP, PVE, and dungeon stuff, say hi if you see me!

Relationships in GW2

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

You Always can dance naked together while throwing love in the air right

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Relationships in GW2

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

I think he is talking about like something Archeage has, like in-game relationship making (getting married to another character in the game). I think it’s interesting, would be cool to see how roleplaying would go with this if it were ever added, or even talked about in a CDI or something.

Hmm… I see. I don’t really know how something like that would go down in the Non-RP community. I think the community as a whole wants features/content that is applicable and useful to the vast majority. :/

As far as RP goes you could always send your loved one a non-soulbound ring. There were also Bouquets of Roses and Chocolates that you could purchase from the Gem Store during the valentines day period, if memory serves me right.

I think most people who want to make their relationship obvious just go for strikingly similar looking characters/matching outfits or similar names.

Relationships in GW2

Posted by: AxleSauce.1385

AxleSauce.1385

You Always can dance naked together while throwing love in the air right

Now that, is the very definition of romance.

Relationships in GW2

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Two characters acting as if they are married doesn’t need some ingame function. Do you really need a UI notice that you are married to someone?

Relationships in GW2

Posted by: daemonis.2937

daemonis.2937

Two characters acting as if they are married doesn’t need some ingame function. Do you really need a UI notice that you are married to someone?

Just clarifying what he was talking about, as most people were thinking a legit e-relationship was what he was trying to jump into, not an in-game funtion idea that OP was talking about.

IGN: Golemancer Vixxn
Server: Stormbluff Isle
Roleplay, PVP, PVE, and dungeon stuff, say hi if you see me!

Relationships in GW2

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Whether you’re talking about starting a real relationship with another real person and using GW2 as a place to meet up/activity to do together or RP relationships where in-game characters can get married it doesn’t need to be built into the UI. Many people do one or the other (or both) already.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Relationships in GW2

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

So IRL me and my ex broke up a few days, we were about to get back together and then we started fighting again and now it’s pretty much 1% chance we are getting back together. Well, we had good memories together, but it ended bad.

You could still save your relationship by letting go of whatever is making you fight. Usually just showing a willingness to completely secede is all you need.

Strangely, it is the single hardest thing for Humans to do…

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Relationships in GW2

Danikat.8537

You could still save your relationship by letting go of whatever is making you fight. Usually just showing a willingness to completely secede is all you need.

If only it was that easy. My brother and his ex broke up because she wanted him to quit his job as a live sound engineer to do something with more regular hours, in preparation for them having kids soon. He didn’t want to ever have kids and was hoping to progress his career to the point where he’d be going on long, international tours with artists.

Neither of those is an easy thing to let go of.

Relationships in GW2

Posted by: Deifact.3095

Deifact.3095

I wouldn’t be surprised of marriage was added to the game now that ANet are trying to appeal to an eastern market. They love that kinda stuff in Asian mmorpgs.

Relationships in GW2

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

If only it was that easy. My brother and his ex broke up because she wanted him to quit his job as a live sound engineer to do something with more regular hours, in preparation for them having kids soon. He didn’t want to ever have kids and was hoping to progress his career to the point where he’d be going on long, international tours with artists.

Neither of those is an easy thing to let go of.

This sounds like an extreme case and a relationship that was naturally poisoned if one person wanted to have kids and the other didn’t. There’s a difference between having some fighting and having a doomed relationship from the start …

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Relationships in GW2

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Yeah I know. I’ve let it go now and if she has I’m not sure. I’ve always respected and loved her but I didn’t get much back for my love towards her. Sometimes I maybe even gave too much and then she got turned off.
Now I understand that and accepted that I was too much on her, while she found it annoying. She was the same to me the first months though, but it felt great for me though.

If she accepts the faults on her side and she want to get back, that’s ok. But then she really have to show she accepted her faults, just like I have done.

All our pictures is still on my and her facebook and on instagram. So we still have a little bit of feelings left it feels like.

It’s not the end. Life moves on and people grow.

Relationships in GW2

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

LFGirlfriend IRL and InGame/pm offer

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Relationships in GW2

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

We already have lesbian relationships ingame. So what’s next? Gay marriages?

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Relationships in GW2

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

This whole thread …what?

Whispers with meat.

Relationships in GW2

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

Why not?

Relationships in GW2

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

You see that chunky girl at work all the time, never really talks to anyone especially guys, extremely shy person. How about you ask her out rather than go into the abyss of online relationships that never work out.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Relationships in GW2

Danikat.8537

Hey I met my husband on an internet forum, worked out pretty well for us.

Relationships in GW2

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Do please tell us all about why this would be a problem.

Relationships in GW2

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

Cant stand the sight of 2 tall muscular male norn hugging and loving each other, huh?
And they should add a family system like you will get a little buff if you play together with your brother/sister.