Remedial questions about streaming client

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: A OK.8276

A OK.8276

I’m kinda new to computer gaming (tthe first game I bought was gw2 at launch and I have only tied a few others since) and I have a couple questions about the streaming client.

Firstly, is the intention to get rid of loading screens? To be honest, the loading screens are so short I hardly notice them so I’m not sure if this is what the streaming client is for. Is it for the new builds? Even The feature patches only take a minute or two to download. I’m assuming it’s a nice improvement to gameplay but could it be for people with sketchy Internet connection?

Secondly, if I wanted to try it could I expect my data usage to go up? Would it affect ofher processes like streaming music or movies?

Thanks in advance experts.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I’m assuming it’s a nice improvement to gameplay but could it be for people with sketchy Internet connection?

Most likely it is here in anticipation of future bigger patches (like, for example, an expansion, maybe?).
Also, not everyone out there is on T1. For a lot of people patches take more than few minutes to download.

Secondly, if I wanted to try it could I expect my data usage to go up?

It won’t download more data than it already does. The only difference is in how and when it downloads it.

Would it affect ofher processes like streaming music or movies?

No more than downloading patches already does. Likely even less.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November