Remember ride the lightning for Eles?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Don’t we think it’s time to do the same for Warrior’s mobility skills?

Posted by: Heta.8629

Heta.8629

Ride the lightning was OP because it was unaffected by conditions, really long range, low cool down and a knockdown. Name a warrior skill that does all that then I will agree it should be nerfed. Don’t forget now it halves the cool down when it hits so not a nerf when used to fight

Azure Prower.8701

Ride the lightning was OP because it was unaffected by conditions, really long range, low cool down and a knockdown. Name a warrior skill that does all that then I will agree it should be nerfed. Don’t forget now it halves the cool down when it hits so not a nerf when used to fight

You’ve never used the skill ride the lightning have you?

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Updraft is the knockdown used in combination with ride the lightning. So ride the lightning doesn’t do all that.

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

People are still complaining about RTL?

Get over it.

For the record, Rush is nothing like RTL. Neither is Savage Leap.

Also, Eles have access to superior versions of the three major warrior movement skills via conjured weapons:

• Savage Leap is inferior to Lightning Leap, as the latter has a shorter cooldown
  • Rush is inferior to Fiery Rush, as the former is buggy as heck
  • Whirlwind Attack is inferior to Fiery Whirl, as the latter has a shorter cooldown, longer evade and a cripple

(edited by Olba.5376)

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Get over it.

Also, Eles have access to superior versions of the three major warrior movement skills via conjured weapons:

• Savage Leap is inferior to Lightning Leap, as the latter has a shorter cooldown
  • Whirlwind Attack is inferior to Fiery Whirl, as the latter has a shorter cooldown, longer evade and a cripple

Yes but the skill cooldown on the ele conjured weapons is pretty massive, as is the individual skill cooldown while it’s conjured. Also us ele’s are squishy as kitten so yeah…

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Hey, how about making ride the lighting affected by chill and cripple and run for like 200 range.

i have both warrior and ele, your thread is just stupid.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Posted by: Vaugh.7193

Vaugh.7193

Whats wrong with RTL now anyways? I went from staff to S/D after the RTL nerf and I find RTL very usefull, one of my fav skills.

Guild leader of As Stars We Belong [STAR]
WvW Commander of Blacktide.
@RaugoolGW2 on Twitter

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

They may want to look into doing this for all the leap attks in this game. These attks are more made for closing gaps not for running away. Such as the War class is made for staying on there target not being able to run away from there target (very un-war like). I think this is true for the thf class (daggers leap) and gurd class (GS leap) this is all i can think of.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Don’t we think it’s time to do the same for Warrior’s mobility skills?

For example’ it’s like a lion asking to have a cheetah speed.

no thank you!!

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

They may want to look into doing this for all the leap attks in this game. These attks are more made for closing gaps not for running away. Such as the War class is made for staying on there target not being able to run away from there target (very un-war like). I think this is true for the thf class (daggers leap) and gurd class (GS leap) this is all i can think of.

yes, warrior should get target teleport…all wars gap closers are slow and affect by conditions, that’s why they run away.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Posted by: Gilburt.9146

Gilburt.9146

The original 1500 hidden range was OP and deserved a change, however otherwise I think it was balanced with Warriors GS rush. Ride the Lightning is affected by conditions, but it also isn’t affected by swiftness (like every warrior mobility skill) and is one of the only mobility skills eles have.

Ride the Lightning either needs to be reverted, or, better yet, several Warrior (and some other professions) mobility skills need a +25%-50% cooldown when used without a target (and RotL should be buffed so it’s only +5-10 seconds when used without a target rather than 20 seconds when it doesn’t hit a player).

Brother Gilburt – Guard / Agent Gilburt – Thief

Azure Prower.8701

The original 1500 hidden range was OP and deserved a change, however otherwise I think it was balanced with Warriors GS rush. Ride the Lightning is affected by conditions, but it also isn’t affected by swiftness (like every warrior mobility skill) and is one of the only mobility skills eles have.

Ride the Lightning either needs to be reverted, or, better yet, several Warrior (and some other professions) mobility skills need a +25%-50% cooldown when used without a target (and RotL should be buffed so it’s only +5-10 seconds when used without a target rather than 20 seconds when it doesn’t hit a player).

This guy gets it.

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

This guy gets it.

No he doesn’t. I would go as far to say he is clueless about balancing and very biased.

Using savage leap without target doesn’t mean warrior is not trying to close gap to its enemy. Not everybody uses targeting all time since there are alot of skill that doesn’t require target.
RTL recharge is halved is skill damages enemy. Not when used with someone targeted.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

yes, warrior should get target teleport…all wars gap closers are slow and affect by conditions, that’s why they run away.

So are they slower then swiftness? Only gurds 2 attks are teleport and they are very short ranges or on a very long cd. RTL IS effected by cc and will stop when you run into any one. The truth is that even if they are slower then some of the leaps in this game they are being used for something else then they should be used for and its making the war class imposable to kill unless they chose to die. Its going to make War get bigger and bigger nerfs in both dmg and cc if they are going to keep this ability to move out of combat as they wish.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Oh yeah, not used that skill since it was nerfed…

Joined Ranger shortbow when they nerfed that and all quickness skills when they nerfed and lots more skills they have nerfed…

What are we nerfing/throwing on the GW2 trash heap now?

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

Get over it.

Conjured weapons? If your listing utility skills you should also include wars Bull Charge, though it does have a very long CD. Also thers the war traitline that reduces recharge on GS skills by 20%. As I have a lv41 ele I am aware eles have similar traitlines but theirs only affects air weapon skills (i.e. RTL), not conjured weapons. In recent patches anet has claimed Rush was fixed and while its no longer as buggy as it used to be, on rare instances it still does bug out occasionally (somethin with collision I guess). Also I can tell you as I have both a war and ele its slightly easier to run aroud maps with my war mainly cause of perma swiftness/leaps but thats probly cause I’m not that used to ele yet.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)