Remove 30-min on Watchknight Tonic

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yazkin.6179

Yazkin.6179

Honestly, this is one of the best tonics out there due to the actual combat ability. But—I never use it. Nobody uses it. Why? It lasts for five minutes and takes 30 minutes of logged -in time to use again for a measly five minutes.

It’s like a new race (Despite human emotes) and gives the community some fun. So why add the 30-minute wait?

-There’s no in-game buff on use.

- You keep the same skills and they don’t refresh cooldowns.

- There’s no jumping puzzle advantage, as any normal Human or Sylvari model can do just as well.

So why the long cooldown? It’s fun to RP with and fun to use when waiting on events. Plus, who doesn’t like that mecha-booty?

Attachments:

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

I wish this tonic didn’t have a cooldown, period. Make it map-bound instead, so whenever you leave an area it wears off.

It’s really useful for doing jumping puzzles on a Norn or a Charr, and would look awesome if used enmasse in WvW or even regular pve zerging Like the ascalonian ghost tonic.

Posted by: Melfice.5091

Melfice.5091

I hope that they can turn it into a costume now, like the witch costume and mad king’s outfit

Professional noob guardian

Yazkin.6179

Either way, it still doesn’t need a cooldown.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Completely agree, the CD on this was, is, and has been ridiculous.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

While we’re at it, can you add a new way of obtaining this? I missed out on the living story due to a small break but I really want it. If you’re going to change the functionality of it, I don’t see a reason that other players have a chance to get one too.

Maybe some players didn’t want it with the current functionality, but if you changed it they might have changed their minds.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

What I wonder is what was going through the minds of the designers of this tonic. Did they actually think that 5 minutes of use and a 30 minute cooldown was a good design? It’s really baffling.

Please, at minimum, change the use to 30 minutes and remove the cooldown. It sits in my storage gathering dust now and I had such high hopes for a cool tonic.

Yazkin.6179

While we’re at it, can you add a new way of obtaining this? I missed out on the living story due to a small break but I really want it. If you’re going to change the functionality of it, I don’t see a reason that other players have a chance to get one too.

Maybe some players didn’t want it with the current functionality, but if you changed it they might have changed their minds.

The tonic was a living story reward, so people that won it either tossed it away or put it in storage. The only way I see it coming back is bringing back the Divinity Arena and making it a reward for reaching tier 2 or something.