Remove Ascended Trinket Uniqueness Please

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kaatora.3186

Kaatora.3186

Since offensive and defensive infusion slots are no longer a thing, it seems silly that most ascended trinkets (all the ones obtainable outside of raids) are still unique—meaning that you cannot have 2 of the same-named ascended trinket equipped. This is despite there being no longer a functional difference between the Ring of Red Death and the Crystalline Brand trinkets, for example.

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

This would be a nice change. I have a serious imbalance of one type of ring across a few stats.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I think this would be a good idea. Before, it was confusing, but had a functional purpose. Now it doesn’t serve any purpose, but still causes problems for people who waste their laurels on duplicate trinkets.

We’ve had a bunch of threads on this issue over the years, and I’m sure we’ll continue to have them. I’ve argued before that “unique” needed a better explanation, but now that it doesn’t serve any useful purpose, we can do away with it entirely.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

What they should really do is just get rid of half the ascended rings and trinkets (convert those you have to the equivalent). There is no purpose to having 2 of each stat combo anymore, since they don’t have either a gameplay or cosmetic purpose anymore.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

What they should really do is just get rid of half the ascended rings and trinkets (convert those you have to the equivalent). There is no purpose to having 2 of each stat combo anymore, since they don’t have either a gameplay or cosmetic purpose anymore.

I’d rather keep them and just get rid of the “unique” restriction. They offensive/defensive distinction might not be there anymore, but a lot of these items have fun, interesting flavor to them, and I think it would be a waste to toss out half of them. They might not make a change to the character model, but I’d be unhappy if, say, all my rings suddenly matched.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Most of the ascended trinkets have lore tie-ins and would be a shame to just cull half of them.

Nothing is really gained and a lot of immersion is lost.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I was expecting this post to come up and I support the idea. I would love to be able to equip 2 of a certain ring or accessory! There is no excuse anymore for this to not be an option lol.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Paulytnz.7619

Most of the ascended trinkets have lore tie-ins and would be a shame to just cull half of them.

I don’t think they could cull them even if they wanted to but to remove the “unique” tag/function is a good option towards that.

Substance E.4852

I don’t think they could cull them even if they wanted to but to remove the “unique” tag/function is a good option towards that.

I’m sure they could if they wanted to but there’s no reason other than to cut back on clutter which is a poor excuse. No one relies on ring drops for usable loot and the menus are far from too crowded though they could stand to separate the pairs via tags so one doesn’t have to hunt for a specific stat set if new.

I do agree on the “uniqueness” though. It never made any sense and even less when you consider that some classes can equip 4 of the same “legendary weapon” at the same time if they really wanted to.

Paulytnz.7619

I’m sure they could if they wanted to but there’s no reason other than to cut back on clutter which is a poor excuse. No one relies on ring drops for usable loot and the menus are far from too crowded though they could stand to separate the pairs via tags so one doesn’t have to hunt for a specific stat set if new.

I do agree on the “uniqueness” though. It never made any sense and even less when you consider that some classes can equip 4 of the same “legendary weapon” at the same time if they really wanted to.

Well yes they “could” remove half of them but then the question is which ones? Some people may be attached to certain ones due to lore or just how they look in their equipment page. So I really don’t see a “need” to cull them. But the unique thing – got to go joe!

Substance E.4852

Well yes they “could” remove half of them but then the question is which ones? Some people may be attached to certain ones due to lore or just how they look in their equipment page. So I really don’t see a “need” to cull them. But the unique thing – got to go joe!

I think you’re misunderstanding my position here.

I’m not saying they should but I do agree that they could. Whether people would be happy with the change is another matter entirely though I doubt many would be happy with most either uncaring or angry.

Paulytnz.7619

I think you’re misunderstanding my position here.

I’m not saying they should but I do agree that they could. Whether people would be happy with the change is another matter entirely though I doubt many would be happy with most either uncaring or angry.

Sorry for that appearance, I was not saying you were calling for the culling, more addressing both your post and other’s who advocated the culling. That and I am very tired right now lol.

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

Or they could just get more stat combos in so things aren’t doubled up anymore.