Remove Charged Quartz Crystal gating

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

A simple request for you Anet, please remove this “can be made only once per day” gating from the Charged Quartz Crystals. Nothing they make can be sold in the TP nor traded, so keeping a time gate this far after they were introduced seems unnecessary.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

You can sell the sheets of charged ambrite needed for sinister gear.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Grow lamps also can be sold.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

RyuDragnier.9476

Nice catch you two. I can see why it’s a bit gated now, though it still makes me wish they could ease up on it a bit. Finished Day 11/40 on my quest to get a full set of Celestial Gear for my Tempest due to this gating.

[hS]

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Also, ley-line infused tools

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Nice catch you two. I can see why it’s a bit gated now, though it still makes me wish they could ease up on it a bit. Finished Day 11/40 on my quest to get a full set of Celestial Gear for my Tempest due to this gating.

Another side effect of the gating is that daily quartz crystal consumption is limited, otherwise you would use up 4 stacks of quartz on day one to get your charged ones.
Quartz already went up 2s again since HoT launched.

If you want tocircumnavigate the timegate, you can buy trick or treat bags by the thousands, they occiasionally give the charged quartz, and sell the other items you get from them. If you get the bags on buy order and sell the mats as lowest listing, you shouldnt make too much loss.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

I actually agree with this..

time gated items really only are introduced to stop people gaining a particular item quickly..

when new content is introduced this is understandable.. but after several months a lot of people already have the item.. so there really isn’t any reason to keep the time gate..

in fact I would say a lot of people are put off crafting Mawdry these days because of the time gate needed for it..

I think the time gate.. needs a time gate to be honest and after a certain period of time the time gates should be removed

this encourages more players to craft these gated older items if anything

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

I actually agree with this..

time gated items really only are introduced to stop people gaining a particular item quickly..

when new content is introduced this is understandable.. but after several months a lot of people already have the item.. so there really isn’t any reason to keep the time gate..

in fact I would say a lot of people are put off crafting Mawdry these days because of the time gate needed for it..

I think the time gate.. needs a time gate to be honest and after a certain period of time the time gates should be removed

this encourages more players to craft these gated older items if anything

I don’t see an issue here. If you want to circumvent the timegate on Mawdrey, pay the rush fine by buying the stuff of the TP.

One of the things a lot of players enjoy is the continuity. Speeding up or dummbing down content just because it’s not new is exactly what WoW has been doing for years. Let’s take a look at where that game is right now.

Teratus.2859

I don’t see an issue here. If you want to circumvent the timegate on Mawdrey, pay the rush fine by buying the stuff of the TP.

One of the things a lot of players enjoy is the continuity. Speeding up or dummbing down content just because it’s not new is exactly what WoW has been doing for years. Let’s take a look at where that game is right now.

Yes but you assume players have the gold to do that..

most people really don’t.. and with soo few people people crafting these items the items needed to make them tend to stay at a set price on the TP.. and due to the limited availability of some of them.. they are pretty darn expensive

many players don’t play dungeons or fractals or know of any good ways to farm gold
put yourself in their situation..

you want Mawdry.. but you can’t farm the geodes you need for the items because Drytop is practically a dead map and it takes forever to get enough for a clay pot.. of which you need several.. so you take to the Trading post only to see that they are around 8g each
so you think wow.. that’s a big chunk of my money.. do I really want to spend it on one item?
so you take to the Wiki and find out you need 3 of these.. which puts you up over 20g..
then you find that you also need to dump another 30+ gold on piquant plant food another 10+ gold on meaty plant food
not to mention the 144 Firefox you will also need which would take a long time to farm leaving the TP the likely option again

in short you are there thinking.. well its taken me months to save up this 50-60g.. and its still nowhere near enough for Mawdry…
you know what.. I think I’ll not bother..

and that’s what a lot of people likely do in this situation
now if the time gates were removed from the plant foods etc.. people would be far more likely to actually go after this item..
since they could do it in a hour or so instead of having to wait at minium 3 weeks

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I already have a full set of celestial armor for my Ele and something like 45 Charged Quartz Crystals just sitting in my bank in case I need them. I still think the daily gating should be removed. It’s utterly unwarranted.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Cyninja.2954

Yes but you assume players have the gold to do that..

most people really don’t.. and with soo few people people crafting these items the items needed to make them tend to stay at a set price on the TP.. and due to the limited availability of some of them.. they are pretty darn expensive

many players don’t play dungeons or fractals or know of any good ways to farm gold
put yourself in their situation..

you want Mawdry.. but you can’t farm the geodes you need for the items because Drytop is practically a dead map and it takes forever to get enough for a clay pot.. of which you need several.. so you take to the Trading post only to see that they are around 8g each
so you think wow.. that’s a big chunk of my money.. do I really want to spend it on one item?
so you take to the Wiki and find out you need 3 of these.. which puts you up over 20g..
then you find that you also need to dump another 30+ gold on piquant plant food another 10+ gold on meaty plant food
not to mention the 144 Firefox you will also need which would take a long time to farm leaving the TP the likely option again

in short you are there thinking.. well its taken me months to save up this 50-60g.. and its still nowhere near enough for Mawdry…
you know what.. I think I’ll not bother..

and that’s what a lot of people likely do in this situation
now if the time gates were removed from the plant foods etc.. people would be far more likely to actually go after this item..
since they could do it in a hour or so instead of having to wait at minium 3 weeks

I’ll summersize your entire post:

- give us stuff for free

Does that about hit the nail on the head?

I’m not going to even go into gold gathering or gaining. If you can’t be bothered to play silverwastes, gather materials, play halloween (or other events), do boss events, etc. : in short, play the game. No wonder you are having gold issues. As is one can easily farm 100 gold in 2-4 hours without trading post flipping or other fancy stuff. Just sell your loot on the trading post, done.

Teratus.2859

- give us stuff for free

I’m not going to even go into gold gathering or gaining. If you can’t be bothered to play silverwastes, gather materials, play halloween (or other events), do boss events, etc. : in short, play the game. No wonder you are having gold issues. As is one can easily farm 100 gold in 2-4 hours without trading post flipping or other fancy stuff. Just sell your loot on the trading post, done.

No that does not hit the nail on the head.. far closer to you missed the nail and shattered a kneecap tbh..

I am actually curious how you got give us free stuff from that long and detailed post

removing the time gate would do nothing other than speed up the process of crafting an old item that many people already have..
there is no reason why older items like this should still be time gated..
you still have to put in the work and it would more than likely encourage people to buy from the TP.. essentially giving these items more value as people are more likely going to buy them when they are soo close to finishing their desired item..

Time gates exist purely to prevent people completing new content too quickly and getting bored and having nothing to do.. that’s why Anet add them to the game
but after several months.. to years later those time gates are completely pointless and do nothing but turn people off those Items..

Why bother going after Mawdry now when you could be going after the Fractal backpack or the legendary backpack or any other ascended class backpack

see my point yet?

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

- give us stuff for free

No that does not hit the nail on the head.. far closer to you missed the nail and shattered a kneecap tbh..

I am actually curious how you got give us free stuff from that long and detailed post

removing the time gate would do nothing other than speed up the process of crafting an old item that many people already have..
you still have to put in the work and it would more than likely encourage people to buy from the TP.. essentially giving these items more value as people are more likely going to buy them when they are soo close to finishing their desired item..

Time gates exist purely to prevent people completing new content too quickly and getting bored and having nothing to do.. that’s why Anet add them to the game
but after several months.. to years later those time gates are completely pointless and do nothing but turn people off those Items..

Why bother going after Mawdry now when you could be going after the Fractal backpack or the legendary backpack or any other ascended class backpack

see my point yet?

No it would give finished product less value since people can buy base material and just charge the crystals themselfs

And to answer why bother becouse you like the skin and want the bloodstone eater.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It’s less about “give me free stuff” than it is “give me stuff now”. When it was first introduced, it was only for celestial gear and I guess the logic was to prevent the rich from decking themselves out in the new celestial gear on day one or two. Everyone who wanted the gear were on the same footing of one charged quartz a day.

It wasn’t until Living World Season 2 that they expanded the use of charged quartz and in HoT it’s use as a time gate for progression for the guild hall, which isn’t a big issue if multiple guild members craft ley-line infused tools, or you’re rich.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Cyninja.2954

- give us stuff for free

see my point yet?

No it would give finished product less value since people can buy base material and just charge the crystals themselfs

And to answer why bother becouse you like the skin and want the bloodstone eater.

This.

Time gates not only lock content, but also produce artificial value via scarcity.

Just a flesh wound.3589

- give us stuff for free

see my point yet?

This.

Time gates not only lock content, but also produce artificial value via scarcity.

^
Their way of thinking about the game’s economy was in one of their blog posts about Legendary weapons where they said Scarcity is important

I want to be up front: scarcity is important. For most materials in the game, we’ve reached a nice equilibrium

With this philosophy in mind, your argument would need to convince them that in this case scarcity is not the way to go.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Honestly a much much bigger problem is how the Celestial – and virtually any new – gear cannot be traded. It’s all account bound.

New guildie levels up to 80, can’t give them an exotic set of their choice. Meh.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

It’s an economic control mechanic more than anything.

The degree to which the devs take this game’s economy seriously is, at times, both a blessing and the most obnoxious thing imaginable.

Or words to that effect.

RyuDragnier.9476

Honestly a much much bigger problem is how the Celestial – and virtually any new – gear cannot be traded. It’s all account bound.

New guildie levels up to 80, can’t give them an exotic set of their choice. Meh.

I guess they expect people to go to Orr and buy one of the exotic sets from the temple vendors.

[hS]

Posted by: thisisit.6954

thisisit.6954

I see no problem with this time gate. People didn’t plan ahead so they have to wait a lil while, big deal, we all cant have what we want today unless someone is willing to drop off that ferrari at my door….

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

As is one can easily farm 100 gold in 2-4 hours without trading post flipping or other fancy stuff. Just sell your loot on the trading post, done.

Wow!

Please let me in on that, to make 100 gold in 2-4 hours, please! As an avid Silver Wastes farmer, chest runs as well as events, I don’t make anywhere near that amount, and I do sell that loot. I’m serious, I really would like to know. I do tend to salvage blues and greens, maybe that’s something I shouldn’t do?

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

Another side effect of the gating is that daily quartz crystal consumption is limited, otherwise you would use up 4 stacks of quartz on day one to get your charged ones.

If you want tocircumnavigate the timegate, you can buy trick or treat bags by the thousands, they occiasionally give the charged quartz, and sell the other items you get from them. If you get the bags on buy order and sell the mats as lowest listing, you shouldnt make too much loss.

the problem is, the quartz doesn’t NEED gating, you can only get 22 crystals a day (37 if you are the literal embodiment of fortune itself and manage to get the bonus 15 in your home instance),it’s an incredibly limited resource in comparison to everything else.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

They really should reevaluate charged quartz. Atm it serves as an extraneous gate for small guilds on top of the other gates mentioned.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Cyninja.2954

the problem is, the quartz doesn’t NEED gating, you can only get 22 crystals a day (37 if you are the literal embodiment of fortune itself and manage to get the bonus 15 in your home instance),it’s an incredibly limited resource in comparison to everything else.

Except that quartz can be traded on the TP. So there goes that limitation out the window.

As is one can easily farm 100 gold in 2-4 hours without trading post flipping or other fancy stuff. Just sell your loot on the trading post, done.

Wow!

Please let me in on that, to make 100 gold in 2-4 hours, please! As an avid Silver Wastes farmer, chest runs as well as events, I don’t make anywhere near that amount, and I do sell that loot. I’m serious, I really would like to know. I do tend to salvage blues and greens, maybe that’s something I shouldn’t do?

You must have missed the:

- Flax hype
- ToT bag hype and general Halloween farm
- Potatoe hype for 1-2 days
- Ley-Line Infused Tool hype
- Pile of Coarse Sand hype

Just to name a few. To bad, had you done more than just farm silver wastes in the past 2 weeks, you might have noticed these extreme price hikes and adjusted accordingly. I’m sure you also refered to silver wastes farming pre HoT, since then it already was around 10-15 gold per hour, the Pile of Coarse Sand insanity just added a couple of gold more per hour.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Except that quartz can be traded on the TP. So there goes that limitation out the window.

Wow!

- Flax hype

Just to name a few. To bad, had you done more than just farm silver wastes in the past 2 weeks, you might have noticed these extreme price hikes and adjusted accordingly. I’m sure you also refered to silver wastes farming pre HoT, since then it already was around 10-15 gold per hour, the Pile of Coarse Sand insanity just added a couple of gold more per hour.

ToT labyrinth took nearly an hour just to get a single stack of bags. While it was decent money, it was no where near the 100g an hour mark.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Cyninja.2954

Wow!

- Flax hype

ToT labyrinth took nearly an hour just to get a single stack of bags. While it was decent money, it was no where near the 100g an hour mark.

Took me about 40 minutes for a full stack in a decent map (then agian, I did have auto loot the moment it got bugfixed). Also, I never said 100g per hour.

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

- Flax hype

Indeed I must have missed it

Since making close to 100 gold in 2 hours (2-4 ok), or 50 gold in 1 hour or almost 1 gold/minute is something I’ve never been capable of unless I got really lucky with a drop that sells for loads

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Just a flesh wound.3589

Wow!

- Flax hype

I’m none so sure about the flax hype either. GW2TP shows flax reached a peak at about 48 silver each. Very respectable, but to get 100 golds worth of flax in one hour requires 208 flax at those prices. The flax farm gives around 12 per char, so you’d either need numerous level 80s (about 17) which not everyone has, or to get more flax around the map. It might be theoretically possible to get over 200 in one hour while going through the map, but somewhat unlikely.

ANet may give it to you.

Cyninja.2954

Wow!

- Flax hype

I’m none so sure about the flax hype either. GW2TP shows flax reached a peak at about 48 silver each. Very respectable, but to get 100 golds worth of flax in one hour requires 208 flax at those prices. The flax farm gives around 12 per char, so you’d either need numerous level 80s (about 17) which not everyone has, or to get more flax around the map. It might be theoretically possible to get over 200 in one hour while going through the map, but somewhat unlikely.

I never mentioned having to stick with only 1 farm. Also if we are getting this technical, let’s do the actual math on how long it takes to farm flax and gold gained. How much does gathering for 1.5 minutes gaining you 0.84 – 5.76 gold (average of 12 flax times 7-48 silver) come out as? (cough 33.6-230.4 gold per hour cough)

I was giving examples, and these were not only examples, these were well known “every one was talking about them” examples.

My point stands, it is not hard to farm gold or even come by gold via normal play at this point in time due to very high demand for basic crafting materials and other.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Wow!

- Flax hype

I never mentioned having to stick with only 1 farm. Also if we are getting this technical, let’s do the actual math on how long it takes to farm flax and gold gained. How much does gathering for 1.5 minutes gaining you 0.84 – 5.76 gold (average of 12 flax times 7-48 silver) come out as? (cough 33.6-230.4 gold per hour cough)

I was giving examples, and these were not only examples, these were well known “every one was talking about them” examples.

My point stands, it is not hard to farm gold or even come by gold via normal play at this point in time due to very high demand for basic crafting materials and other.

You can’t calculate gold per hour by one farm. I could go and chop down one tree, and proclaim that since I gained 5 silver in 5 seconds that I’m making 300 gold per hour doing that. That calculation, and your gold per hour by one char doing a flax farm are nonsense calculations.

And since you said you made 100 gold/hour and gave flax as an example then you should be able to get 100 gold by only doing flax.

Your math is misleading, to say the least.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Ya b/c you can farm flax, sand, and sparks to make all the gold you need to buy all your quartz, linseed oil, mugs, and picks….oh wait a second…I think we took a left at Albuquerque.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Cyninja.2954

Wow!

- Flax hype

You can’t calculate gold per hour by one farm. I could go and chop down one tree, and proclaim that since I gained 5 silver in 5 seconds that I’m making 300 gold per hour doing that. That calculation, and your gold per hour by one char doing a flax farm are nonsense calculations.

And since you said you made 100 gold/hour and gave flax as an example then you should be able to get 100 gold by only doing flax.

I said It’s possible to make 100 gold in 2-4 hours. Big difference here. I’ve made far more. Using Flax farm to complement your other farm is and was more than viable and will take you a far way to reach those 100 gold per 2-4 hours.

All I did was show how insane the gold per minute of the flax farm was/is.

Nest time, please read more carefully and don’t missquote me.

Substance E.4852

Wow!

- Flax hype

The farm can only be harvested once per day. Even at it’s height, 6 character’s harvesting the farm would only net you about 35g. The rest of the flax would need to be harvested at map nodes across the maguuma.

Cyninja.2954

Wow!

- Flax hype

The farm can only be harvested once per day. Even at it’s height, 6 character’s harvesting the farm would only net you about 35g. The rest of the flax would need to be harvested at map nodes across the maguuma.

See futher replies.

Obviously some people in this thread are trolling hard. Done here, I’ve made my point.

Just to reiterate:

- scarcity creates value. time getting creates scarcity
- if you want to circumvent some of the time gates, you can opt to pay more on the TP
- getting by gold is not an issue in GW2 if you don’t burn through it the moment it enters your wallet

Just a flesh wound.3589

Wow!

- Flax hype

I said It’s possible to make 100 gold in 2-4 hours. Big difference here. I’ve made far more. Using Flax farm to complement your other farm is and was more than viable and will take you a far way to reach those 100 gold per 2-4 hours.

All I did was show how insane the gold per minute of the flax farm was/is.

Nest time, please read more carefully and don’t missquote me.

Ok 100 gold in2-4 hours. My mistake.

However you are using very unusual, specific farms to calculate high gold incomes. Even if someone did do the flax farm at the peak, it’s unlikely they (not you) made that much in that time. That amount of gold is an infrequent event that requires keeping an eye on the markets and current events. Something not at all usual and for many people unattainable. Saying As is one can easily farm 100 gold in 2-4 hours without trading post flipping or other fancy stuff. Just sell your loot on the trading post, done. makes it sound like this amount of gold is usual, and it’s not. It’s a fast response to an unusual situation.

ANet may give it to you.

Substance E.4852

Wow!

- Flax hype

See futher replies.

Obviously some people in this thread are trolling hard. Done here, I’ve made my point.

Just to reiterate:

- if you want to circumvent some of the time gates, you can opt to pay more on the TP
- getting by gold is not an issue in GW2 if you don’t burn through it the moment it enters your wallet

No one is “trolling”, you just keep moving the goal posts trying to pass off hardcore resource farming as “easy to acquire” gold.

If one is going to spend that much time harvesting and dedication watching forums for market spikes they might as well get into hardcore trading and never leave the city of their choice as it’s a much better use of their time and energy.

Posted by: Gynok.1756

Gynok.1756

In my opinion it really is time to let “once per day” crafting go.

Cyninja.2954

Wow!

- Flax hype

See futher replies.

Just to reiterate:

No one is “trolling”, you just keep moving the goal posts trying to pass off hardcore resource farming as “easy to acquire” gold.

If one is going to spend that much time harvesting and dedication watching forums for market spikes they might as well get into hardcore trading and never leave the city of their choice as it’s a much better use of their time and energy.

I haven’t moved any “goal poal”. I’ve made a statement at the beginning of this thread and have been sticking by that statment. The only thing that has been happening is I’ve been missquoted, my words twisted or only partly quoted or more artificial extra barriers put up.

The examples I gave were examples. Examples that were common knowledge to anyone remotely active during this launch period. None of this stuff was “hardcore”. No one said you had to achieve absurd amounts of gold, just that there are very efficient farms, and there still are which are close to content that gets played a lot.

If at all, I should be the one complaining that these simple examples require this amount of explaining and attention.

(edited by Cyninja.2954)

Just a flesh wound.3589

Wow!

- Flax hype

See futher replies.

Just to reiterate:

I haven’t moved any “goal poal”. I’ve made a statement at the beginning of this thread and have been sticking by that statment. The only thing that has been happening is I’ve been missquoted, my words twisted or only partly quoted or more artificial extra barriers put up.

The examples I gave were examples. Examples that were common knowledge to anyone remotely active during this launch period. None of this stuff was “hardcore”. No one said you had to achieve absurd amounts of gold, just that there are very efficient farms, and there still are which are close to content that gets played a lot.

If at all, I should be the one complaining that these simple examples require this amount of explaining and attention.

When someone says they can make that much gold in that much time and then gives a math example where they calculate up to 230.4 gold per hour based on one char hitting one node farm one time a day, then, yah. They are going to have people taking issue with what they say because that math and that example is unrealistic to calculate gold per hour. If their math is this hinky, no telling what else is.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Cyninja.2954

Wow!

- Flax hype

See futher replies.

Just to reiterate:

When someone says they can make that much gold in that much time and then gives a math example where they calculate up to 230.4 gold per hour based on one char hitting one node farm one time a day, then, yah. They are going to have people taking issue with what they say because the math is unrealistic to calculate gold per hour. If their math is this hinky, no telling what else is.

When someone missquotes me and increases my suggested gold farmed by 2-4 fold, then questions one of the highest gold gains for least amount of effort in recent GW2 history:

I will point out the potential maximum amount of gold gained per hour. You also took no offense to the other examples I gave or the fact that any of these might be combined to achieve my suggested farm goal.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Wow!

- Flax hype

See futher replies.

Just to reiterate:

When someone says they can make that much gold in that much time and then gives a math example where they calculate up to 230.4 gold per hour based on one char hitting one node farm one time a day, then, yah. They are going to have people taking issue with what they say because the math is unrealistic to calculate gold per hour. If their math is this hinky, no telling what else is.

When someone missquotes me and increases my suggested gold farmed by 2-4 fold, then questions one of the highest gold gains for least amount of effort in recent GW2 history:

I will point out the potential maximum amount of gold gained per hour. You also took no offense to the other examples I gave or the fact that any of these might be combined to achieve my suggested farm goal.

I did, but I only focused on the flax farm as one example was sufficient when questioning the whole thing where you said you could make that much gold per time then gave examples.

But whatever, if you want to calculate gold per hour that way, knock yourself out.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Todd.8162

Todd.8162

In addition, remove the crafting progress bar animation nonsense. It’s rediculous to sit and watch. If I want to craft 100 of something, just do it. There’s no entertainment and no play value in waiting for a progress bar to animate 100 times.

Posted by: Agyaggalamb.4796

Agyaggalamb.4796

I agree, time gates should never exist in any game, ever. We already have rewards nerfed to oblivion, so it’s about time to drop this time-gating nonsense. Or fix fractal rewards so I can finally assemble my celestial armor.

Posted by: Citronvand.2837

Citronvand.2837

Grow lamps also can be sold.

Grow lamps are time-gated. That’s like a double time-gate.

I’m all for removing the time-gate on charged quartz crystal. Quartz crystal is already kind of time-gated since there is a limited amount of nodes you can mine and buying them off TP is expensive as kitten. I remember when they cost ~2s each, now it is nearly 10s. I have already crafted my Ascended Celestial armor and I only need something like 6-7 Charged Quartz Crystals to finish Mawdrey.

I can also add that the only reason I have ascended armor is because of the bullkitten time-gate. Because it meant that exotic celestial armor is time-gated. EXOTIC. Not Ascended. If the game is going to make me wait a month to create exotic armor I might as well make it ascended and be done with it, so I did.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Time gate for Mawdrey? eh, ok. However, what is the reason for continuing to gate Celestial inscriptions/insignia? Why not allow people to skip the charging and go directly to creating account-bound celestially-prefixed items?

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

The whole discussion about how much gold you can farm in an hour is kinda silly. Much of it hinges on materials that are scarce and they are scarce in large part because not enough people are farming them.

Ergo, if you preach the ease of farming Whizbangs and everybody actually listens, everyone’s gold per hour profit plummets because the market gets flooded with Whizbangs. There’s a limited number of people who can benefit greatly from the same gold farming method.

It’s the same deal with TP flippers, which is why you don’t see flippers giving detailed guides on what their most profitable markets are. For one, because the market changes so much and two, because then they’d lose their profit from it due to overcrowding. Farming gold efficiently means you’ve either got to latch onto hot markets as they come up (which requires some awareness) or somehow find a niche market that stays pretty stable over time, even when farmed.

A good rule of thumb is, pay attention and keep your discoveries to yourself (and maybe a few friends). As socially cool as it is to share details, it will hurt your profits. Or I guess if you want scarcity to go away for an item and/or want to stick it to the scrooges of the game, then share stuff with everybody.

Or words to that effect.