Remove Jumping Puzzle requirements

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: dasmitchies.7462

dasmitchies.7462

There are far too many times where jumping puzzles are required for other content. Examples are masteries, festivals etc. This is by far my least favorite part of GW2 and is what causes me to participate less in the actual game play. HoT is an entire Jumping puzzle. Seriously Anet, I didn’t mean to buy Super Mario Brothers.

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

Yeah, in vanilla gw2 jumping puzzles were an optional thing. Ever since HoT platforming has become necessary. It is an odious trend that I hope they stop soon.

Posted by: ham.8209

ham.8209

think the only reason the even put jumping puzzles in the game in the first place. is so we have something to jump for . there thinking like we would not know how to or even use the jump buttons in the first place .

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

Yeah, in vanilla gw2 jumping puzzles were an optional thing. Ever since HoT platforming has become necessary. It is an odious trend that I hope they stop soon.

lol? necessasry? who is forcing you to get the shoulder piece?

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

No one. He means it’s necessary for certain items if you want them.

Obviously.

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

Exactly…. I earned plenty of skins and items before HoT. I don’t remember any of those requiring jumping puzzles.

This is an rpg not a platformer. I think.

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

The sole reason why the jumping puzzle requirements should be removed from achievements is due to the world being full.

If someone comes on say 2hrs a day to play but can’t get in to even do the jumping puzzle, why have it as an achievement. Same applies for the bell choir, there seems to be long stretches where one can’t enter that as well.

Posted by: Nanashi.6297

Nanashi.6297

The sole reason why the jumping puzzle requirements should be removed from achievements is due to the world being full.

If someone comes on say 2hrs a day to play but can’t get in to even do the jumping puzzle, why have it as an achievement. Same applies for the bell choir, there seems to be long stretches where one can’t enter that as well.

this is basically the only argument I accept in here.

The jumping puzzle is part of the event. The shoulders are a special item from the event. Makes sense that you’d need to participate in parts of the event to get a special item.

And please stop saying you never needed to do jumping puzzles before… There were so many patches and events which required you to jump through the world. The only difference is that the items you got there weren’t as major as the new particle shoulders from this years halloween and wintersday. Or don’t you remember festival of the four winds and bazaar of four winds, super adventure box, LS1 + 2 (especially Dry Top and its story parts). Those were only a few. You could even add fractals to this list but I didn’t because it was mere randomness which fractal you got in the past.

Posted by: Spook.5847

Spook.5847

There are far too many times where jumping puzzles are required for other content. Examples are masteries, festivals etc. This is by far my least favorite part of GW2 and is what causes me to participate less in the actual game play. HoT is an entire Jumping puzzle. Seriously Anet, I didn’t mean to buy Super Mario Brothers.

I absolutely agree. I wish there actually was a Hell, so that the JP folks could have their own little corner of it. For folks who like that jazz, I say MPTY, but we should NEVER HAVE to complete any jp for ANYTHING.

And I mean regular gaming – not for a certain item. I have -0- interest in any equipment tied to jp.

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

You need several JPs to get your masteries, so yeah, they’re required. They’re just not called JPs.

Posted by: Baconomics.8674

Baconomics.8674

You need several JPs to get your masteries, so yeah, they’re required. They’re just not called JPs.

You could always call them “Mesmer Portal Adventures” instead

Posted by: Yunielesca.2850

Yunielesca.2850

It’s THE award of this wintersday, so it seems pretty normal to require from the players to play to all the activities.

Three times untill 12th january, you have plenty of time to make it.