Remove/Rotate WvW req. from monthlies

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Scottish.7148

Scottish.7148

Hey Anet,
I know you really want to push the features of WvW, but guess what? Not everyone likes WvW. Hard to believe, I know. And making it a requirement in order to complete monthly achievements just alienates us players who don’t care for it even more. So since you’re already invested in changing up daily achievement requirements, how about removing or rotating the WvW requirement off of the monthly achievement, yeah?

Posted by: Reagan.5921

Reagan.5921

Though I do like WvW, I am of the same opinion.

In my personal case it’d be fractals (which effectively I find a lot harder than getting 50 kills in WvW).

Regardless of the approach though: I’m all for rotating it.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I hate dungeons so remove those from the monthly. I hate crafting so remove that from the monthly. I hate fractals so remove them off the monthly. And so on…

Someone will always find something to dislike about the monthly. They’re trying to get people to get out and explore and try new/different things. There’s more to this game than just PvE. The 50 WvW kills are very easy to achieve.

I’m all for a better rotation but removing something because someone does not like it? No..

Posted by: courin.2314

courin.2314

I would love to see a rotation of monthlies just as we’ve seen a rotation of dailies. I think that many people would enjoy a break from WvW, as I would. Doesn’t mean you don’t like it, just that a change is as good as a rest.

Posted by: athuria.2751

athuria.2751

I’d also like to see monthlies have more rotation/a grab bag form like dailies as well. Monthlies are a longer commitment than “just trying it out” (and let’s talk about how flat that argument is against the people who already have tried these things and didn’t like them) because they’re something that are expected to be completed in a longer timeframe, and it’s frustrating when they constantly involve an aspect of the game that you just don’t enjoy.

I think both WvW and Fractals should see more rotation, or at least have other options alongside them rather than being a constant staple month after month when they’re parts of the game that require going completely out of your way for if they’re not part of your routine because you don’t like doing them. Especially if they’re going to add a new form of currency with exclusive rewards to them.

Syrlya | Sylvari Mesmer
Arabelle Jones | Human Engineer
Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Taggund.8936

Taggund.8936

I’m only interested in WvW so I’ll never do fractals, and so I’ll never complete a monthly. It works both ways.