Remove Salvage Confirm for Rubies & Wood

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

It would be nice if the salvage confirmation for Bloodstone Rubies and Petrified Wood wasn’t there at all. I know they are Exotic grade items, but I don’t see a confirmation to salvage Globs of Ectoplasm. So why have this at all? It’s really annoying, please get rid of it.

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Agreed. They aren’t so precious that they need to have a confirmation box, and it makes it a major PITA to actually salvage them in any amount for unbound magic, since you have to confirm every…. single… salvage…

The comparison to ectos is basically perfect. Ectos don’t have it, ditch it for Rubies / Petrified Wood.

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

cos they are HoT stuff ?? and u can only farm a certain amt of them a day (assume not hardcore players).

can i buy rubies on the tp?

what about globs?

Fill in the blank:

- rubies are ____ bound.

- With 1k gold in my pocketses, I dunno what to do so lets flip a coin I can either buyout ____ ectos, or ____ rubies.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Electro.4173

Salvaging one bloodstone ruby / petrified wood accidentally isn’t going to matter in any meaningful way, limited supply per day or not. For something you need in the hundreds, one doesn’t amount to anything.

And no one with any sense is going to accidentally salvage multiple Rubies / Petrified Wood. I’m sure there are a few special souls out there who could manage such, but they need not be horribly inconvenient for everyone else on account of those few.

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

cos they are HoT stuff ?? and u can only farm a certain amt of them a day (assume not hardcore players).

can i buy rubies on the tp?

what about globs?

Fill in the blank:

- rubies are ____ bound.

- With 1k gold in my pocketses, I dunno what to do so lets flip a coin I can either buyout ____ ectos, or ____ rubies.

Ok how about 1 confirmation dialog, after that it’s fair game until you cancel out your salvage kit.

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

Would be much better to have them tradeable to the relivant NPC for magic rather than salvageable, then they could be put into the wallet as with the Fractals currencies

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I’d also like it if they were rare quality so I can right-click / salvage all rares.

Electro.4173

I’d also like it if they were rare quality so I can right-click / salvage all rares.

Now, see, THAT would be a bad idea and make it very easy to accidentally salvage entire stacks of them. You accumulate a lot of rare items going through Bloodstone Fen (not so many in Ember Bay, but still some) and people are going to be clearing out their inventory using salvage kits frequently at the same time they’re accumulating Rubies / Petrified Wood. That I don’t think should happen, they need to stay exotic so you can’t just accidentally “salvage all” and lose a bunch of them.

Just removing the confirmation box would be fine.

As for the person who suggested just making them tradeable to the vendor and then making them currency… the problem there is that you get a random amount of Unbound Magic for salvaging them (seems to be between 25 and 50), and I don’t believe you can get random amounts of stuff from vendors. They’d have to change it to a fixed amount to do that. Which I wouldn’t be opposed to (as long as it wasn’t the low-end, I’d say 40 would be a good number) but the devs might not want to go that route.

Plus, the devs have said that they have further plans for Rubies (and by extension I assume Petrified Wood also), which may involve actually crafting with them at some point. Or doing something else with them which requires having them as items and not currency.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

As for the person who suggested just making them tradeable to the vendor and then making them currency… the problem there is that you get a random amount of Unbound Magic for salvaging them (seems to be between 25 and 50), and I don’t believe you can get random amounts of stuff from vendors. They’d have to change it to a fixed amount to do that. Which I wouldn’t be opposed to (as long as it wasn’t the low-end, I’d say 40 would be a good number) but the devs might not want to go that route.

Plus, the devs have said that they have further plans for Rubies (and by extension I assume Petrified Wood also), which may involve actually crafting with them at some point. Or doing something else with them which requires having them as items and not currency.

Because, you know, its impossible to just make it so that you buy bags of unbound magic for rubies/petrified wood, and the bags give you a random amount of unbound magic the exact same way that salvaging them works now. Yup, absolutely impossible for ANet to implement.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Would be much better to have them tradeable to the relivant NPC for magic rather than salvageable, then they could be put into the wallet as with the Fractals currencies

I’d prefer something like this. I don’t think RNG (from salvaging) is appropriate when we don’t even see the results in inventory.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Rubies & petrified wood are a currency. It happens to break down into a currency as well.

Being that certain items require 100 or more of them, I can completely understand why Anet has set up a confirm on them. It’s to keep people from just using salvage-all on them. Yes, it’s a pain in the neck if you want to salvage a bunch of them, but on Anets side, it saves them a lot of customer service time/money in not having to deal with support tickets related to people accidentally salvaging 4 stacks of petrified wood (and no, it doesn’t matter how stupid you think they are, or how much you want to chant “l2p”, most of the people who will make this sort of mistake won’t even read the forums, so it’s simply going to happen regardless).

I’d like a solution to this issue myself, but I do not believe that including them in “salvage all” is the answer.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Electro.4173

You can’t even USE salvage all on them. Because they’re exotic, and salvage all only goes up to “Rare” quality. That’s the reason they’re exotic and they need to stay as such. Keeping the confirmation box on them as well is a pointless layer of protection that just makes it less convenient to salvage them for Magic.

And I suppose having the vendor give a bag which opens into a random amount of unbound magic would work to keep the variable aspect. But it doesn’t make it any more convenient to salvage them. You’d still need to double-redeem them to get your unbound magic (once at the vendor, once in your inventory). So in terms of convenience, its better they stay as items and just lose the confirmation.