Remove WvW defender from Daily Rotation

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

Can you please remove this daily. It is soo annoying to get when you are on a lower tier server (on Ehmry Bay). Since there is another daily in WvW that changes constantly why cant this one as well?

I would have to spend hours getting it since we have a low presence in all of our WvW maps. I even try EotM but you will need to end into a good zerg fest map (which most of the time you are avoiding other zergs).

It would make it more bearable if you provide us alternative achievement in WvW instead of this one repeating over and over again. And before someone comments in a kitten y voice “Why you don’t do other ones daily”. I tend to do all my daily achievement for its points.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

What is the requirements for WvW defender? I don’t really do the WvW ones myself…

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

What is the requirements for WvW defender? I don’t really do the WvW ones myself…

To kill 10 enemy players.
I wouldn´t really deem this as difficult even if you are outmanned.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

To kill 10 enemy players.
I wouldn´t really deem this as difficult even if you are outmanned.

Its not difficult to get its time consuming and annoying since its there every kitten day. Majority of the time we are outmanned and then you have to face zergs since finding roamers are bit difficult to find.

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

I would support another rotating WvW daily to mix it up. Plenty of things to do in World vs World that would benefit the daily achiever and the server as a whole.

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

Use more brain, less QQ.

Go to EotM. Your whine fest just got blown out of the water. There’s no way you can’t get 10 kills. You’re being lazy.

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

Then just don´t do them. You don´t need them to get 5 together.
WvW achievements were also always a part of the pve daily.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

(edited by Moderator)

pdavis.8031

Yeah killing 10 enemies in WvW isn’t hard, and I am TERRIBAD at WvW. As long as you can tag, and they go down, you still get credit IIRC. I can understand wanting to do ALL the dailies for the AP, but if you are doing other WvW dailies anyway, it shouldn’t be much of an issue getting those kills. If anything just camp at a fort and defend when the zerg comes around.

recognize my command!”

Posted by: DiazKincade.2891

DiazKincade.2891

They had pvp things separate for both daily and monthly. Why they changed back to this is unclear. I don’t recall them stating any real reason why they changed but there you have it. That said there was always some WvW thing in the pve bracket of the daily/monthly as they deem WvW a more pve based environment and not suited to pvp limitations. Which is why we have our pve armor and weapons as well.

lvl80{Insert Class Here} Current main: Meana Mischeif-Mesmer

pdavis.8031

“In the feature pack, we will be unifying daily and monthly achievements. With new systems like the Wardrobe, Gear Unification, and Reward Tracks coming online to help create a consistent experience across different areas of the game, we felt that having separate daily and monthly achievement categories was unnecessary and potentially confusing…The PvP and PvE daily and monthly achievements will be merged. There will be enough achievements that you will be able to complete your dailies and monthlies entirely in PvE, WvW, or PvP if you like – but you can also dabble in different game modes and complete your achievements by playing a mix of content.”

I believe this is why they were merged.

recognize my command!”

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

“In the feature pack, we will be unifying daily and monthly achievements. With new systems like the Wardrobe, Gear Unification, and Reward Tracks coming online to help create a consistent experience across different areas of the game, we felt that having separate daily and monthly achievement categories was unnecessary and potentially confusing…The PvP and PvE daily and monthly achievements will be merged. There will be enough achievements that you will be able to complete your dailies and monthlies entirely in PvE, WvW, or PvP if you like – but you can also dabble in different game modes and complete your achievements by playing a mix of content.”

I’m of the opinion that Laurels will be getting a boost in value soon cough Precursor crafting cough and they wanted to cut back on access to them.

Server: Devona’s Rest

pdavis.8031

Might want to get that cough check out. Sounds bad.

But yes that could be A reason, but even with the merge it’s still not hard to do the 5 needed for a laurel.

recognize my command!”

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Might want to get that cough check out. Sounds bad.

But yes that could be A reason, but even with the merge it’s still not hard to do the 5 needed for a laurel.

After the last bill I got from a doctor, I’m thinking I’ll let this cough be the death of me.

Server: Devona’s Rest

pdavis.8031

LOL

I thought the “Affordable Care Act” was supposed to take care of that? (That is if you are in the US)

recognize my command!”

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

EOTM = easy and fast wvw achievements

Or you could just skip them.

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

You can complete (5/5) the daily without every needing to kill another players in WvW or sPvP.

Heck, most days you can complete the daily entirely in WvW without getting needing invader kills to get there.

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

EotM would seem to be the obvious option to quickly get some player kills. Even in the mindless karma training, with defending being generally unfavorable, zerg on zerg does happen fairly routinely.

I got my monthly kills in about twenty minutes, in just two large scale encounters on a low level character.

WvW dailies have always been in the PvE category.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Maybe they should remove the PvE stuff from the daily not fair for the pvpers to do pve…..

Or we can just have it like it is and you can do daily in pvp or pve

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I usually head to EBG or EotM for my WvW kills. Although they generally tend to karma train, there’ll still be the odd zerg fight, as well as the occasional poor, doomed soul who gets splattered by 50 other players jumping on him.