Remove all 'Increase Octave' button cooldowns

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Eidolonemesis.5640

Eidolonemesis.5640

I thought this issue was addressed on all instruments long ago, but I guess not… These instruments are 800 Gems a piece, and they should all work like they are supposed to, not just some instruments working like they are supposed to like the Lute and Harp.

Anyway, I bought a Mariner’s Horn today, thinking it would be really fun, only to find the music I want to play is not playable due to the Octave Change buttons going on cooldown… every time I change octaves.

As a customer, this is very disappointing (I bought the instrument with money for the gems since I did not want to farm 800 Gems worth in Gold just for an instrument), and if this problem does not get resolved, I want a refund, please.

This cooldown issue on the Octave Change buttons is not a thing on the Lute and Harp, therefore, it should not be a thing on the Mariner’s Horn or any other instrument.

P.S. While we are on the subject, there is also a bug where a player’s equipped Mariner’s Horn, Bell or Flute disappears while gliding in the air. That does not happen with an equipped Lute, Harp, Drums or Bass.

Furthermore, when you try to play your ‘disappeared’ Mariner’s Horn after gliding, all you see is the player’s hands and not the instrument itself, whereas with the Bell and Flute (any other instrument) you can see the instruments re-appear when you start playing them after gliding.

Thank you for looking into this.

(edited by Eidolonemesis.5640)

Posted by: clone wars.9568

clone wars.9568

I’d suggest getting your money back if you’re not happy with it. Open a ticket with cust support and put in a request for a refund, they legally have to comply with that request.

Really for what it is imo it should have been marked at max 500 gems.

Eidolonemesis.5640

I’d suggest getting your money back if you’re not happy with it. Open a ticket with cust support and put in a request for a refund, they legally have to comply with that request.

Really for what it is imo it should have been marked at max 500 gems.

I did send a ticket to Support a few hours ago, and so far, no reply… yet. I will see what they say within a 48-hour period.

The thing is I know the issue with the cooldown on the Change Octave buttons on instruments like the Mariner’s Horn can be fixed (look at the Harp and Lute for proof). Asking for a refund is not the answer since the idea of Gem Store items are to be sufficient for the purpose they serve for customers/buyers. Therefore, what needs to happen is for this issue to be fixed on every instrument that has this cooldown issue like the Mariner’s Horn to satisfy customer/buyers.

Nobody wants to spend 800 Gems like I just did on an instrument that does not cooperate with what I want to do with it. And to be honest, some of the music I want to play is rather ‘slow’, and they are not playable due to this cooldown restriction that shouldn’t even be in place for instruments.

EDIT: I absolutely agree the instruments should be more around the 500 Gems mark. However, even if the instruments were 2,000 Gems, I would not care paying 2,000 Gems so long the instrument I want does what I want it to do. As a frequent customer in the Gem Store, that is not asking much. Really.

Eidolonemesis.5640

So… I sent Guild Wars 2 Support a direct E-mail regarding the issue(s) my OP talks about. It has almost been 4 days now, and no response from your Support Team (your Support Team is usually a lot better than this). My case # is: 2207234.

Please fix the issue(s) I pointed out, and if somebody on your team cannot take the time to do that, I want a refund of the 800 Gems I spent on the Mariner’s Horn instrument that does not want to cooperate very well, even with slow compositions, which is absolutely ridiculous.

The cooldowns (at least on the Increase Octave buttons) should not be a thing. Period.

What does it take to go into the game code and edit less than a few numeric values tied to the unnecessary cooldown limitation on the Increase Octave buttons?

Musicians in the game are limited enough with the actual notes going on cooldown. Even the Bass Guitar (which makes way more noise than the Mariner’s Horn ever will) does not have a cooldown on the Increase Octave buttons, so what is the story with the Mariner’s Horn here? Why limit some instruments and not others?

I throw my money at this game, and for the most part, you sell things that satisfy and serve their purpose well, but not this time.

The instruments are Gem Store items from your company’s store, and I am a customer of yours who shops there often, usually with $$$. Please fix the issue(s)!

Thank you.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

So… I sent Guild Wars 2 Support a direct E-mail regarding the issue(s) my OP talks about. It has almost been 4 days now, and no response from your Support Team (your Support Team is usually a lot better than this). My case # is: 2207234.

If it has been over 3-4 days (support has been a bit behind recently) since you submitted your ticket you need to post in tickets for review sticky thread located at the top of the account/support forum. This forum is unlikely to receive the attention you request regarding your ticket.

The Burninator

Eidolonemesis.5640

If it has been over 3-4 days (support has been a bit behind recently) since you submitted your ticket you need to post in tickets for review sticky thread located at the top of the account/support forum. This forum is unlikely to receive the attention you request regarding your ticket.

Thank you. I will try that.