Remove daily ap

Remove daily ap

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

Remove it all and make dailys not give ap and I do have 4k ap comeing from monthlys and 7k from dailys it does not show your real achivments it just shows you logged in for 10 minutes every day also lower cost of achivment rewards and add bonuses to titles and minis ty for listening.

Remove daily ap

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Would you rather the achievements just show who can google and read wikipedia/dulfy the best?

Remove daily ap

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Good idea, delete all daily/monthly AP and double all permanent AP in return.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Remove daily ap

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Removing AP would create too much of a mess. They’d do the opposite and boost everyone’s AP to the daily cap. They’d also need to grant all historical achievements.

The trick with achievements however is that overall, they don’t matter. Most can be cheated anyways. You need to look at specific achievements instead, like 8 lights Liadri, whereas someone with just the regular achievement probably exploited it.

Remove daily ap

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Nah. Delete all the AP from unattainable or seasonal sources, then double the rest.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Remove daily ap

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

just delete AP from the game and add open world pvp

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

Remove daily ap

Posted by: Nurgle.6597

Nurgle.6597

Remove it all and make dailys not give ap and I do have 4k ap comeing from monthlys and 7k from dailys it does not show your real achivments it just shows you logged in for 10 minutes every day also lower cost of achivment rewards and add bonuses to titles and minis ty for listening.

“real achievements "

99% of the achievements have nothing to do with skill, only time spent in the game, getting a legendary takes no skill, getting 1000 kills in pvp takes no skill, collecting an item that drops randomly takes no skill…

Remove daily ap

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Look at @Rauderi’s suggestion instead. LWS1 achievements already gave out way too many AP for the low effort required. If anything is doubled it should only be the achievements that are permanently obtainable (aka all of the non historical ones).

On a related note I do think that the list of new achievements you put together a while ago should be implemented. It was a pretty good list of stuff that should be included

Remove daily ap

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

From an old calculation it’s about 5583 AP from Historical Achievements. I don’t even remember when I did that calculation so not sure how many AP it is now

Remove daily ap

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Look at @Rauderi’s suggestion instead. LWS1 achievements already gave out way too many AP for the low effort required. If anything is doubled it should only be the achievements that are permanently obtainable (aka all of the non historical ones).

On a related note I do think that the list of new achievements you put together a while ago should be implemented. It was a pretty good list of stuff that should be included

It is the opposite, a lot of the new achievements give too few AP. It is insulting if something like the nightmare fractal challenge only gives 5 AP. Same with collections that need a lot of resources such as the Koda one (5 AP) or the Destroyer weapon collection (3 AP).
The AP reward chests were obviously balanced around the LS1 AP rewards and not the current releases which give maybe 2k AP per year including expansions.
If Anet does not want to increase the amount of achievements included in each release, then they need to go back to LS1 AP amounts (and rebalance existing achievements while they are at it)

“real achievements "

99% of the achievements have nothing to do with skill, only time spent in the game, getting a legendary takes no skill, getting 1000 kills in pvp takes no skill, collecting an item that drops randomly takes no skill…

GW2 is a MMO with a casual skill cap. So most achievements will be about time and resource investment over skill.
But honestly this is no different to real life achievements, most of them are just a result of dedication. Getting a doctor grade in physics? 80% dedication, 20% skill and luck.
It is hard to say where dedication ends and skill starts, most of the time skill only lets you do things faster or more realiable.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Remove daily ap

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I appreciate the support, but my idea isn’t 100% serious. :P
Every one of these AP threads, someone has to come around and whine about daily/monthly AP shrinking their ego. For some reason. It seems leaderboards are a bigger problem than the AP itself, so if we’re considering striking anything, it should probably be that.

But, I’d rather not take anything away from anyone. And I agree with the general consensus that new AP rewards don’t take time and effort into account with their point values. ANet really needs some rubrics for their reward design, and I mean that beyond just AP values.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Remove daily ap

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

It is the opposite, a lot of the new achievements give too few AP. It is insulting if something like the nightmare fractal challenge only gives 5 AP. Same with collections that need a lot of resources such as the Koda one (5 AP) or the Destroyer weapon collection (3 AP).
The AP reward chests were obviously balanced around the LS1 AP rewards and not the current releases which give maybe 2k AP per year including expansions.
If Anet does not want to increase the amount of achievements included in each release, then they need to go back to LS1 AP amounts (and rebalance existing achievements while they are at it)

I do agree that new achievements give way too little AP for the effort required to complete them, but I have to point out that simply doubling the AP from every achievement is not a good solution, as it still leaves LWS1 achievements with granting far higher AP than any equivalent achievement that is left in game. If the AP is increased, it should only be on achievements that are permanently available, as those are the ones that are giving too few AP.

@Rauderi – I know you were joking, I was referring more to the fact that you only called for doubling the AP from achievements that are still available, as those are the ones that don’t give enough for the effort put in

Remove daily ap

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

No.
With all due respect, keep your hands off of my AP. I did not do daillies for years just to have this all this AP taken from me because some people believe daillies are too easy. The vast majority of the achievements in this game are easy anyway.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Remove daily ap

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Is it a terrible thing to be acknowledged for being a staunch and ardent supporter of the game? If so, why did the ‘Vets’ raise such a hullabaloo over what was included in the expansion (free Core and no character slot)?

Should loyal players be rewarded…or no?

Remove daily ap

Posted by: Shivan.9438

Shivan.9438

Is it a terrible thing to be acknowledged for being a staunch and ardent supporter of the game? If so, why did the ‘Vets’ raise such a hullabaloo over what was included in the expansion (free Core and no character slot)?

Should loyal players be rewarded…or no?

This is the age of entitlement with gamers. Everyone thinks they should be able to get what others have, regardless of time and effort spent. Rewarding loyalty does nothing but give people an excuse to cry to the devs and make them cave in and give them what others have. Not to mention the loyalty rewards suck on such an epic level. An outfit that you never use and a character slot only if you bought your account before a certain time.

Give me a reward that makes me feel like I’m an appreciated customer and have put up with crap ranging from broken promises on content, late content, content that’s mindlessly zerg’d through, an unfinished part of the game (underwater combat) a joke of a magic find stat and elite specs that aren’t even finished (Herald)

There’s an old saying. Don’t p*ss down my back and tell me that it’s raining.