Remove 'no loot' probability from mobs?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Hi Everyone,

In my opinion every kill should give loot. I do not understand the concept behind the probability of not getting anything; unless it is to keep the “precious” economy in tact.

What do you think? ANet, please change this.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I agree with OP. o_o
It’s creepy, from a single grub to a lurking champion, every mob has a 40% chance of dropping nothing, and this is like 90% in champions…

Please. Make it stop seriously. o_o

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Be glad you don’t get loot bags dropping in WvW then picking them up and they have nothing in it. This has happened to me dozens of times, not sure if intended or a bug.

Posted by: Midnight.9205

Midnight.9205

I see a lot of folk in these forums, specifically in the thread discussing drop rates, who are saying they don’t feel “rewarded” enough for killing mobs in PvE. I agree with these posters, and whilst I haven’t kept a record of how many mobs I’ve killed, and how many did or didn’t drop loot, I would say the number that didn’t is a reasonable percentage.

I know this topic is a different issue/debate to drop rates, but I wonder how much people’s perspectives would be changed if every mob they helped kill (that gave them XP, in other words), would be guaranteed to drop an item (grey through to exotic).

I do agree with this suggestion – it would make PvE mob killing more worthwhile than it is now, and might alleviate some of the impressions of this particular aspect of the game being “unrewarding”.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I disagree. I get too much loot as it is. I wish they would reduce the Junk loot, because it gets annoying to loot after awhile.

Posted by: Ageia.5843

Ageia.5843

I don’t really care if the little ‘trash’ monsters drop rate gets increased at all. I’d love to see the Veterans, Champions, and Chests drop items/better loot than current. More often than not I get nothing at all from Vets and Champs, and typically whites and blues from Chests. Would love to feel like those more ‘epic’ battles were worth while. Right now, I skip them unless its a dynamic event or someone is fighting and needs help.

Posted by: NetherDiver.6079

NetherDiver.6079

But then people would run out of inventory space. And then they would proceed to accuse the devs of forcing them to use the gem shop to buy more bank space.

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

Before anything else champions and veterans need to actually drop something when you kill them.

Hello Anet hello! Wtf? Anyone in there? This makes no sense.

In all honestly I actually believe this is intentional. Its a huge problem and everyone agrees its wrong but it happens everyday on every champ I kill. Nothing. Its to the point where I now aviod them at all costs.

Pointless to fight for 10 mins and get NOTHING.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

Death Reincarnated.3570

And this is the problem. Because there is the probability of getting nothing, players will tend to not bother withthe more difficult mobs/events.

The risk-reward system is askew towards higher risks. I have gotten nothing countless times when killing vets/champs. Why should I bother if I will not get rewarded appropriately?

For those who say that they don’t agree because will run out of inventory space – you can do several things with loot which you normaly do anyways, regardless of how much you get it.

The biggest mistake, in my opinion, is the fact that there is a chance of not getting ANYTHING from a task, especially one that is high up on the RISK (effort) scale.

As an example: I had a run through Orr yesterday and got nothing from 14 mobs straight! How is this meant to be “normal”?

Do not click this link!

Posted by: Avien.8036

Avien.8036

Before anything else champions and veterans need to actually drop something when you kill them.

Hello Anet hello! Wtf? Anyone in there? This makes no sense.

In all honestly I actually believe this is intentional. Its a huge problem and everyone agrees its wrong but it happens everyday on every champ I kill. Nothing. Its to the point where I now aviod them at all costs.

Pointless to fight for 10 mins and get NOTHING.

I thought Anet has fixed this in November update http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/November_2012

“Rares and Exotics should be much more likely to drop and every champion should be guaranteed to drop loot.”

You mean champions still don’t drop anything? This is a treachery!

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

I disagree, I dont think every mob should always drop something. However I think veterans should have a much higher chance to drop loot than normal mobs and champions should ALWAYS drop something. Veterans should also drop better loot than normal mobs and champions should drop better loot than veterans.

The november “fix” to loot drops.. is nowhere to be seen…

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

(edited by Blackwolfe.5649)

Posted by: leprekan.7248

leprekan.7248

I disagree, I dont think every mob should always drop something. However I think veterans should have a much higher chance to drop loot than normal mobs and champions should ALWAYS drop something. Veterans should also drop better loot than normal mobs and champions should drop better loot than veterans.

“loot .. something appropriated illegally often by force or violence”.

Yes, all things should drop loot. You are looting the corpse of the entity you just killed. Unless human and naked there should be SOMETHING you could take. I just killed an Arctodus … so only sometimes does it have teeth fur or claws?

It is like saying your time was worth nothing. Let’s face it you aren’t killing it because it is new and exciting after 4 months of the game being out. Top 3 on my list of annoying things in either GW product is air drops.

A Yak since headstart. [herm]

Posted by: Selebrity.7469

Selebrity.7469

Before xmas I had a couple if nights with plenty of decent overland drops netting me 3 to 4 g in a couple of hours ( for me thats really good). Now Im down to about 1g worth of loot for the same amount of time and playing the same way, moving around. Was there a nerf?

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I disagree too,

grey loot especially seems extremely redundant. Inflation is already running high and it just adds more money to the economy without adding anything useful in terms of items.

Grey items are essentially Copper that takes up inventory space.

And yet so far almost all MMOs have had grey junk loot. I wonder why…

Posted by: lagrangeify.5641

lagrangeify.5641

The loot table in this game is just horrible. Great game, terrible lack of anything exciting happening as a result of downing a champion.

If ANet were to swallow their pride, admit they’ve made a really shoddy decision for whatever reason (keep the economy in a stranglehold to incentivise us to us the gem store?), pump up the chances of desirable stuff dropping from dynamic events or champs and vets, I reckon a lot more people would do them regularly.

Blackwolfe.5649

Yes, all things should drop loot. You are looting the corpse of the entity you just killed. Unless human and naked there should be SOMETHING you could take. I just killed an Arctodus … so only sometimes does it have teeth fur or claws?

It is like saying your time was worth nothing. Let’s face it you aren’t killing it because it is new and exciting after 4 months of the game being out. Top 3 on my list of annoying things in either GW product is air drops.

Improving the loot tables would be a far better solution that to make every mob drop something. Its not like saying my time was worth nothing, its to say “hey, perhaps something good might drop from this mob or at least something I can sell”.

Then of course there is the killing because its simply in my way, or clearing out so I can start a skill challenge.. or simply because the current DE needs it. Apart from of course the chance that it might drop something.

Now, in mmo’s with actual quests it would make more sense if Ive got a quest to for example gather.. murloc eyes.. every murloc would drop “drop” two eyes (that I pluck from the corpse gameplay mechanics aside), that may or may not have been damaged (and if damaged might not be of any use to the quest npc, so I would not bother taking it from the corpse or at least take to sell as junk to a vendor).

But to be honest, you are in an area full of risen, there is danger lurking everywhere.. would you really stop to pick up some ruined cloth (that any sensible person would just toss aside and no vendor of any self-esteem would buy from you.. gameplay mechanics aside)?

Game over

Posted by: leprekan.7248

leprekan.7248

Improving the loot tables would be a far better solution that to make every mob drop something. Its not like saying my time was worth nothing, its to say “hey, perhaps something good might drop from this mob or at least something I can sell”.

Then of course there is the killing because its simply in my way, or clearing out so I can start a skill challenge.. or simply because the current DE needs it. Apart from of course the chance that it might drop something.

Now, in mmo’s with actual quests it would make more sense if Ive got a quest to for example gather.. murloc eyes.. every murloc would drop “drop” two eyes (that I pluck from the corpse gameplay mechanics aside), that may or may not have been damaged (and if damaged might not be of any use to the quest npc, so I would not bother taking it from the corpse or at least take to sell as junk to a vendor).

But to be honest, you are in an area full of risen, there is danger lurking everywhere.. would you really stop to pick up some ruined cloth (that any sensible person would just toss aside and no vendor of any self-esteem would buy from you.. gameplay mechanics aside)?

I have to come up with 700 gold (last I checked) for Dusk … pick it up? I would not only pick it up but shave it sell the hair and part out it’s organs :p

A Yak since headstart. [herm]

Blackwolfe.5649

I have to come up with 700 gold (last I checked) for Dusk … pick it up? I would not only pick it up but shave it sell the hair and part out it’s organs :p

“Gameplay mechanics aside”

Game over

Death Reincarnated.3570

The fact that players have a chance to receive nothing from killing high level champions/veterans makes me “shakes fist hard in the air while grinding teeth”.

Risk and Reward NEEDS to be appropriately scaled towards the level content – not be the same throughout the entire game. RNG/DR just makes it unenjoyable to play high level content.

Just yesterday I had nothing but whites and rugs for an hour then suddenly 2 rares, IN A ROW, followed by 3 greens…IN A ROW!!! Seriously, however the no/crap loot mechanics are applied is really getting annoying.

Do not click this link!

Blackwolfe.5649

Agreed, the promised loot buff needs to be implemented/fixed asap..

Game over

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

I think the patch on 3 rd of January will have some loot changes for sure , its making the game trivial

[WM]give us in game ladder

Blackwolfe.5649

How is it making the game trivial?

Game over

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

How is it making the game trivial?

It seems we have a no loot no point attitude , Events and group events are never cleared , temple Events in orr , mostly all contested ?

People are just all running fractals its such a mess atm , im hoping it gets resolved before nobody left

[WM]give us in game ladder

Blackwolfe.5649

Thats true, waypoints are more contested than before and temples locked. I agree that stuff doesnt need to drop loot 100% of the time, apart from champions, especially event ones.

I mean, who would want to do the same events over and over again for little or no worthwhile reward with a low chance for something half-decent to drop and an extremely low chance of something thats actually useful to drop.

Game over

Posted by: Umbra.5180

Umbra.5180

If a Npc attacks my character and has a weapon ie. sword mace pointy stick, whatever… If it’s wearing armor…

Then My character should be able to loot those items.

If they are broken beyond repair, then I should be able to smelt them down atleast into ingots, hell can smelt lumps of raw ore, why not weapons and armors ?