Remove rangers, necros, and engies

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: joe.9815

joe.9815

Yes this is a completely serious thread and before you say troll listen to what I have to say.
As we all know the classes of rangers, necros, and engies are generally considered weak and not fit for any role. So I think instead of trying to change them to the state of another profession, why not just remove the completely. The pet mechanic was a terrible idea for the ranger, and somewhat the necro. The pets have a terrible ai and they don’t do enough damage. The engie is just way too random with all the moves. So instead of trying to fix why not just remove. I main a necro so I know how it feels to play a class you don’t think you can do anything with.

tl;dr: necro, engi, ranger have bad mechanics

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

bad mechanics can be fixed. i know that i’m having a lot more fun playing my ranger than any of my other 7 chars

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

Posted by: joe.9815

joe.9815

If it can be fixed why haven’t they in about half a year..

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

I love my necro alt and I love necros in my groups with my warrior. Sorry I can’t agree with you.

Posted by: AstralDusk.1670

AstralDusk.1670

My engineer and my necro are my favorite characters. Just because they don’t hold up to the DPS of other classes doesn’t make them superfluous. I find them fun as kitten to play.

Efficiency isn’t everything.

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Don’t know about the OP but i have no problem running with rangers, necros or engies. I have a necro and ranger and i do just fine. Not like any of these dungeons are hard or a dps race except Arah P4. The only exception i could see would be if you are doing a speed run of COF P1 and in that case, remove all classes minus warriors and mesmer since 4x warrior and 1x mesmer would be the setup.

As for roles, this game has none. This isn’t like a traditional MMO where there is the holy trinity of tank/healer/CC. Everyone is dps here pretty much with guards being about the exception as kind of a support class option.

Now maybe if someone sucks, i can see them not wanting one of those 3 classes cause….well not only does the group need to carry you but they possibly might need to carry the necro/ranget/engie.

And if you are basing a class purely on dps, then ditch em all and just play warriors since no class in the game can compare to em. Of course i’ve been in groups with warriors who would get downed, rezzed, run back in, get downed in like 4 secs, rinse and repeat. Now there class is good…but they weren’t so really, the player is more important than the class itself.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

(edited by Sauzo.6821)

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

I am having a lot of fun with my Ranger buddy, I am also happy to have necro or engineer in my dungeon group, what’s wrong with them?

They are probably not being built towards your taste or play style, doesn’t mean these classes are weak. I was always impressed by what these classes are capable of even played by average level players.

Sorry, i don’t see a need to remove these classes, but of course it is nice to have slight buff.

Sauzo.6821

Altho i do agree, ANet needs to rework pet AI for pet classes since they kinda suck or give those classes the options to run petless builds that boost their dmg.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

Posted by: Rifter.6591

Rifter.6591

My engineer and my necro are my favorite characters. Just because they don’t hold up to the DPS of other classes doesn’t make them superfluous. I find them fun as kitten to play.

In this game DPS really is everything, especially in dungeons.

I cant count the number of times ive been in a boos fight with my glass cannon warrior and get the boss down below a quarter health mostly by myself then run out of endurence to dodge or finally make a mistake and forget to dodge the boss’s power attack and go down just for the rest of my team to be unable to finish the last 25% of health between the 4 of them and we get wiped.

You really need the DPS output to carry your weight in this game in dungeons, normal PvE not so much, but any group events DPS is king.

They REALLY need to buff the ranger and engineer as far as DPS goes, like double it for a start.

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

I love having rangers necros and engis in my party. Rangers are combo finisher bosses, necros are condi bosses and engis are utility bosses. Every class in this game is strong if you l2p it

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I cant count the number of times ive been in a boos fight with my glass cannon warrior and get the boss down below a quarter health mostly by myself then run out of endurence to dodge or finally make a mistake and forget to dodge the boss’s power attack and go down just for the rest of my team to be unable to finish the last 25% of health between the 4 of them and we get wiped.

You really need the DPS output to carry your weight in this game in dungeons, normal PvE not so much, but any group events DPS is king.

They REALLY need to buff the ranger and engineer as far as DPS goes, like double it for a start.

It’s not that they’re not dps-specced, it means they’re not as good as you in that boss fight.

But I’m not indifferent to increasing back the damage from nades again

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Sauzo.6821

This game has no DPS race fights except Arah P4 or maybe COF P1 unless you put poison on the boss.

@Rifter. If you feel that you need to blow your load on a boss that fast to try and down him and then have no defense left, that’s your issue since like i said, no boss is a mandatory DPS race like other MMOs where bosses would go invuln and 1 shot or AOE the whole raid in X amount of minutes. Also warrior is arguably the easiest class to play and is hands down the top dps already.

Am I legendary yet!?

Posted by: RaoMattos.2783

RaoMattos.2783

I don’t know about you guys, but, I do not give up of my ranger, it is a really fun and powerful class.
In pvp 1vs1 it’s dificult for another player kill me.
First set: longbow
Second set: sword and axe
And believe me, warriors have many trable against my ranger.

(edited by RaoMattos.2783)

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Rangers are pretty strong nowdays, some specs are on the par of the so qqed d/d eles.

Posted by: AstralDusk.1670

AstralDusk.1670

I can’t deny that. My response was to the OP’s drastic hyperbole on the professions.

Your story more highlights the absurdity of warriors than the ineffectiveness of the three professions mentioned, and also that personal skill plays more of a role than class ability. But again I can’t deny they are lacking. I can only say that I can and do hold my own with my engie, but I don’t ever expect it to solo a dungeon like a warrior can. If someone kicks me from a dungeon because I’m an engineer, that tells me all I need to know about that group (that they need more warriors as crutches.)

But yes, I agree with you overall.

Rifter.6591

This game has no DPS race fights except Arah P4 or maybe COF P1 unless you put poison on the boss.

@Rifter. If you feel that you need to blow your load on a boss that fast to try and down him and then have no defense left, that’s your issue since like i said, no boss is a mandatory DPS race like other MMOs where bosses would go invuln and 1 shot or AOE the whole raid in X amount of minutes. Also warrior is arguably the easiest class to play and is hands down the top dps already.

Its not that you need to but everyone wants to, no one runs dungeons because they are fun(they arnt) they run them because they are farming for gold/items. Therefor everyone is looking to do it as fast as absolutly possible to maxamize rewards vs time spent.

And i only have the problem of going down and then getting wiped with a few weak classes in the group, if we are running 2 warrior a guadian and a few elementals/thiefs its not a issue. Just me with 2 enenieers and a few rangers can be a problem though.

Posted by: Mil.3562

Mil.3562

The answers are pretty obvious..

1) Cool skill or trait mechanics that made a certain class to be a little more fun to play, ANet is super efficient in swinging the nerf bat

2) Broken mechanics or glitches that caused a certain class to be underpowered, you will be lucky if ANet ever decide to fix them at all, otherwise, it will be broken as intended

3) Fixing and balancing classes is never their priorty. They are only interested in pushing forward new events that make them earn more $$.

Yep.

Rifter.6591

The answers are pretty obvious..

1) Cool skill or trait mechanics that made a certain class to be a little more fun to play, ANet is super efficient in swinging the nerf bat

2) Broken mechanics or glitches that caused a certain class to be underpowered, you will be lucky if ANet ever decide to fix them at all, otherwise, it will be broken as intended

3) Fixing and balancing classes is never their priorty. They are only interested in pushing forward new events that make them earn more $$.

If you believe this is correct then the OP is also correct and the classes should be removed if they cannot/will not be fixed.

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

Yes this is a completely serious thread and before you say troll listen to what I have to say.
As we all know the classes of rangers, necros, and engies are generally considered weak and not fit for any role.

stopped reading here…

another L2P issue…

Sauzo.6821

Don’t know but i’ve run with every classe in the game and only problems i have are with the player failing, not the class. I’ve been with guards who can’t stay alive, warriors who can’t stay alive, thieves who spend more time downed than dpsing. For me, people like that have my runs hell and slow.

And as for dungeons not being fun and people only wanting to do em for gold and speed, that’s more of a problem with the game itself over the classes. ANet had turned this game into a “grind as fast as possible so i can actually get my legendary” game. I agree tho that dungeons aren’t that fun anymore but this is after getting my ranger, necro, guard to 80 and getting em all 4 different dungeon sets and almost finishing my 2nd legendary.

Am I legendary yet!?

Sauzo.6821

Well imagine how fun this game would be to play if there were only 2 classes…guard and warriors since those are the only ones really useful for a pure speed run. Sure you can argue thieves for SR but still i think 4 zerker warriors and 1 tank/dupport guard would do it better. Of course i don’t agree with having only those 2 classes but from a pure speed run standpoint, why would you bring anything else?

Am I legendary yet!?

Rifter.6591

Don’t know but i’ve run with every classe in the game and only problems i have are with the player failing, not the class. I’ve been with guards who can’t stay alive, warriors who can’t stay alive, thieves who spend more time downed than dpsing. For me, people like that have my runs hell and slow.

And as for dungeons not being fun and people only wanting to do em for gold and speed, that’s more of a problem with the game itself over the classes. ANet had turned this game into a “grind as fast as possible so i can actually get my legendary” game. I agree tho that dungeons aren’t that fun anymore but this is after getting my ranger, necro, guard to 80 and getting em all 4 different dungeon sets and almost finishing my 2nd legendary.

Im already bored of them and ony have one lvl 80 and three mid level characters. Personally i was boared of them after a few runs of each one, i would much rather spend my time in WvW(if they ever fix the culling that is) or open world PvE but none of these offer the rewards of dungeons in the same timeframe.

Rifter.6591

Well imagine how fun this game would be to play if there were only 2 classes…guard and warriors since those are the only ones really useful for a pure speed run. Sure you can argue thieves for SR but still i think 4 zerker warriors and 1 tank/dupport guard would do it better.

they would be the fastest, my guild when we run is 2 warr 2 guard and a elementalist or thielf. We can rip through them pretty fast that way. And if we are lucky me and the other warrior(both zerk glass cannons) might even live the whole time

Sauzo.6821

Im already bored of them and ony have one lvl 80 and three mid level characters. Personally i was boared of them after a few runs of each one, i would much rather spend my time in WvW(if they ever fix the culling that is) or open world PvE but none of these offer the rewards of dungeons in the same timeframe.

Well this game overall runs out of stuff to do after about 1 month anyways but that’s another topic. I myself come from raiding MMOs where i spent the least time grinding to end level and then i’d join a top raiding guild and raid everyday. Everything about this game is laid back and relaxed except if you are trying to get a precursor. Then it’s grind like hell to make the gold needed as well as beat the inflation haha.

Am I legendary yet!?

Crossaber.8934

Agree with this totally.

It is player issue rather than class issue. Did ele get any major buff yet? Nope but they kept claiming they are the weakest class since launch and what do we see now?

Classes are not 100% balanced, and that will never happened, but GW2 are doing quite good compare to many other MMO.

Sauzo.6821

Well imagine how fun this game would be to play if there were only 2 classes…guard and warriors since those are the only ones really useful for a pure speed run. Sure you can argue thieves for SR but still i think 4 zerker warriors and 1 tank/dupport guard would do it better.

they would be the fastest, my guild when we run is 2 warr 2 guard and a elementalist or thielf. We can rip through them pretty fast that way. And if we are lucky me and the other warrior(both zerk glass cannons) might even live the whole time

Well see, there’s some inefficency in your group!!! Now if you ditched the thief/ele and 1 guard and got either 2 warriors or a TW mesmer, you would clear it faster since you would have 2 more hundred blades!!!

Am I legendary yet!?

Posted by: Goettel.4389

Goettel.4389

There’s people enjoying these professions, Captain Defeatist.

So no, no getting rid of classes because one player thinks it’s a good idea, /thread.

Send an Asura who knows math. Problem solved.

Posted by: Hellzfire.7105

Hellzfire.7105

I have a lvl 80 necro named hellzfire and i am pretty sure we do ok as long as you are resigned to the roll of support. I can cure condtions, convert them to boons, live forever, heal decently, ….. I know the “holy trinity” is not supposed to be in this game but gear your char up to one of those classes and you will see…. rangers and thieves…. I only come across some 1 out of every 20 pug groups that are good and I friend em immediately.

Sure they need some love, I have a warrior which is op to the fullest extent but I understand some classes are more delicate to learn.

Every class can be desirable barring the flavor of the past 5 month classes… sure you can beat everything with 5 warriors or 5 gaurdians easily …… but think of the game cause the devs arent’t.

(edited by Hellzfire.7105)

Rifter.6591

Well see, there’s some inefficency in your group!!! Now if you ditched the thief/ele and 1 guard and got either 2 warriors or a TW mesmer, you would clear it faster since you would have 2 more hundred blades!!!

This is true and i agree, but my girlfriend runs a elementalist, and one of her best friends runs a thief. And my guild is all RL friends.

I actually agree with you and think the absolut fastest would be 4 zerk warriors and one guardian That guardian would have to be working overtime to keep us all upright but if he was skilled could pull it off and the boss would be dead in 30 seconds with 4 zerk warriors on his kitten lol.

Sauzo.6821

Honestly if ANet did anything, i think they should detune warrior alittle. It is alot above other classes in dps AND they get heavy armor. I mean this is based on equal player skill cause like i said before, i’ve grouped with warriors who barely outdps an afk person cause they spent more time downed. I’m sure i’ll get flamed by warriors for this but that’s cause they know it’s true as well

Am I legendary yet!?

Crossaber.8934

I have a lvl 80 necro named hellzfire and i am pretty sure we do ok as long as you are resigned to the roll of support. I can cure condtions, convert them to boons, live forever, heal decently, ….. I know the “holy trinity” is not supposed to be in this game but gear your char up to one of those classes and you will see…. rangers and thieves though I only come across some 1 out of every 20 pug groups tat are good and I friend em immediately.

Sure they need some love, I have a warrior which is op to the fullest extent but I understand some classes are more delicate to learn.

Every class can be desirable barring the flavor of the past 5 month classes… sure you can beat everything with 5 warriors or 5 gaurdians easily …… but think of the game cause the devs arent.

Yes sir you are darn right!

There are no “Trinity role” for sure. But classes are made to support each others. Classes do not have role, but player does. Everyone support each other while everyone still contribute into killing, this is what GW2 combat mechanics are intended. And yes, you can beat a dungeon with 5 warrior or guardian whatever, and this is also intended because making so any 5 players together are good enough to beat any contents. If a random party of 5 is not able to beat the contents, its player issue not class issue imo.

Rifter.6591

Honestly if ANet did anything, i think they should detune warrior alittle. It is alot above other classes in dps AND they get heavy armor. I mean this is based on equal player skill cause like i said before, i’ve grouped with warriors who barely outdps an afk person cause they spent more time downed. I’m sure i’ll get flamed by warriors for this but that’s cause they know it’s true as well

I disagree completly, and not just because i run a warrior

You have to remember you give up ALOT to get to that DPS output, for example my girldfriends level 80 elementalist has higher toughness than my warrior, i get hit harder than she does and she is in light armor. And she is running a +vitality set so almost has as many HP as me, her survivablity is much much greater than mine, which is a fair trade for the damage output i have IMO.

You give up alot of stats that could go to toughness or vitality to run that + critical damage setup.

Posted by: Missywink.7162

Missywink.7162

I love my engineer. Sure we may not have the highest DPS and sure our turrets attack a wall/object which is already destroyed instead of attacking the giant mob beating the snot out of me. Sure our healing was nerfed by a silly amount, but to ask for there removal is rather naive.

As an engineer I can pretty much stop a mob with nets/net turrets/oil slicks/knock backs. I can throw out elixirs for party members. I can help to res people with an elixir. Our grenade kit isn’t that strong, however it is a consistent AoE DPS that will take down packs quite quickly.

As others have stated, this game isn’t just about “MEGA DPS” its also about support and control

Sauzo.6821

I have a lvl 80 necro named hellzfire and i am pretty sure we do ok as long as you are resigned to the roll of support. I can cure condtions, convert them to boons, live forever, heal decently, ….. I know the “holy trinity” is not supposed to be in this game but gear your char up to one of those classes and you will see…. rangers and thieves…. I only come across some 1 out of every 20 pug groups that are good and I friend em immediately.

Every class can be desirable barring the flavor of the past 5 month classes… sure you can beat everything with 5 warriors or 5 gaurdians easily …… but think of the game cause the devs arent’t.

The main reason you see so few good rangers and thieves is because those 2 classes need higher skill cap to play well.

And i disagree that necros should only be support. A dot based necro can do good dmg on bosses with maintaining a 20 stack of bleeds on it not to mention for AOE, BIP+staff 2+3+epidemic on a group of mobs. You will see numbers flying everywhere quickly followed byt a bunch of kitten off mobs chasing a screamin necro

Every MMO will its “golden child” class and in the case of GW2, it’s warriors.

Am I legendary yet!?

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

Most of the replies seem to be from people who run the classes in question as alts and not main classes. From that perspective they’re probably fine. You already have your warrior/thief/guardian/ele to efficiently tackle most obstacles in the game, these alts are for flavor.

Now I can’t speak towards the state of the ranger or engineer, but the necromancer is definitely not “fine”, however, it’s not weak either. The problem with necromancer is that it is the king of mediocrity. What it does it does decently, but not as well or effective as class “x” or “y”. Of course most people will shrug these off as “L2P” issues, but that’s typical of the general forums and goes to show how much those people truly understand these classes.

I love necromancer, I’ve been playing it almost exclusively since the second beta weekend — I never feel useless or weak in any sort of content in the game, however, I certainly feel that the classes around me are almost always better suited for the task at hand.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

Sauzo.6821

You have to remember you give up ALOT to get to that DPS output, for example my girldfriends level 80 elementalist has higher toughness than my warrior, i get hit harder than she does and she is in light armor. And she is running a +vitality set so almost has as many HP as me, her survivablity is much much greater than mine, which is a fair trade for the damage output i have IMO.

You give up alot of stats that could go to toughness or vitality to run that + critical damage setup.

Really? Cause i know warriors and necros have the highest base HPs in the game and i thought eles were down there with guards and thieves as the lowest. But also i bet on single target dps you prolly close to double the eles dps if she is stacking soldier gear. And is her toughness higher than yours as a base or is she factoring in the earth buff to toughness they get? I was talking to an ele friend of mine and he said he can buff his toughness through the roof but thats not a sustained thing so sure they can soak up a couple hits but after that…it’s game over.

Am I legendary yet!?

Posted by: Hellzfire.7105

Hellzfire.7105

The main reason you see so few good rangers and thieves is because those 2 classes need higher skill cap to play well.

And i disagree that necros should only be support. A dot based necro can do good dmg on bosses with maintaining a 20 stack of bleeds on it not to mention for AOE, BIP+staff 2+3+epidemic on a group of mobs. You will see numbers flying everywhere quickly followed byt a bunch of kitten off mobs chasing a screamin necro

Every MMO will its “golden child” class and in the case of GW2, it’s warriors.

My necro is a condiion necro to a point, its the traits that lead to protection and regen and the rest any good necro should know… True I could make a killer necro with better dps then a warrior but the viability because of the limited trait skill is not there. The trait skills I think are the issue here, not the char or class to play.

Also the warrior is a well dps group but I run a shout warrior with full health gear and soldier runes and I can tell you its heaven for groups…..

Sauzo.6821

Most of the replies seem to be from people who run the classes in question as alts and not main classes. From that perspective they’re probably fine. You already have your warrior/thief/guardian/ele to efficiently tackle most obstacles in the game, these alts are for flavor.

Now I can’t speak towards the state of the ranger or engineer, but the necromancer is definitely not “fine”, however, it’s not weak either. The problem with necromancer is that it is the king of mediocrity. What it does it does decently, but not as well or effective as class “x” or “y”. Of course most people will shrug these off as “L2P” issues, but that’s typical of the general forums and goes to show how much those people truly understand these classes.

I love necromancer, I’ve been playing it almost exclusively since the second beta weekend — I never feel useless or weak in any sort of content in the game, however, I certainly feel that the classes around me are almost always better suited for the task at hand.

Actually my main is a ranger and my 1st alt is a necro. My ranger has Kudzu and almost done with bifrost for my necro. My guard is my 2nd alt and honestly, he just isn’t as fun as my ranger or necro to play.

Am I legendary yet!?

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

While i think the OP is a little over the top..i do agree where hes coming From Rangers, Engi and Necro are all below par in class balance..

People do like these classes but honestly, can you play one of those classes take on a fully geared Warrior, Guardian, Thief, Mesmer even Ele, Solo without breaking a sweat in less than 2 seconds?

Well those above can take a Ranger, Engi and Necro out that fast, solo, that fast without sweat so yes the op has a point…

Those three classes need serious help

Posted by: Missywink.7162

Missywink.7162

I currently have:-
1xlvl80 Engineer (My main)
1xlvl80 Ranger
1xlvl32 Elementalist
1xlvl21 Mesmer

So my 2 lvl80’s are the classes asking to be removed. As I stated in my post above. I love my engineer. I also love my Ranger. I like the challenge. So when I speak about these classes I do so from playing one of the as my main.

My Elementalist I find a touch boring and my mesmer I find it a nice challenge to play as well.

Sauzo.6821

@Hellzfire. Oh agree some classes are better “group” classes than others but anything is doable with any class makeup minus Arah P4. I mean my guard makes runs sooooo much smoother with being support but it’s no reason to turn away a necro/ranger/engie.

And yeah necro traits kinda blow since certain skills don’t match the trees.

Am I legendary yet!?

Rifter.6591

Really? Cause i know warriors and necros have the highest base HPs in the game and i thought eles were down there with guards and thieves as the lowest. But also i bet on single target dps you prolly close to double the eles dps if she is stacking soldier gear. And is her toughness higher than yours as a base or is she factoring in the earth buff to toughness they get? I was talking to an ele friend of mine and he said he can buff his toughness through the roof but thats not a sustained thing so sure they can soak up a couple hits but after that…it’s game over.

her base HP is low but like i said + vitality is part of the three pluses on her armor so she picks some up there. She isnt running + toughness on her armor though just a little bit from rings/earrings which puts her 400ish above my toughness which is revieve absolutly zero boosts over stock.

Sauzo.6821

While i think the OP is a little over the top..i do agree where hes coming From Rangers, Engi and Necro are all below par in class balance..

People do like these classes but honestly, can you play one of those classes take on a fully geared Warrior, Guardian, Thief, Mesmer even Ele, Solo without breaking a sweat in less than 2 seconds?

Well those above can take a Ranger, Engi and Necro out that fast, solo, that fast without sweat so yes the op has a point…

You are talking PVP. The rest of us are talking PVE….of course PVP is not balanced. In 14 years of MMO playing, i have yet to see a game balance all the classes in PVP.

Am I legendary yet!?

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I don’t know what you are smoking but both my Engi (my main) and Ranger (second char) both kick backside. My engi is great in dungeons, Fractals, Pve, sPVP and WvW in dealing damage, support healing and removing conds etc. I think you may need to learn the class a bit more.

As for my ranger, the pet does more damage than my ranger does! Honestly I feel more like HIS pet. I really dunno what you mean when you say the pet does no damage. Invest in the bottom trait line and equip the traits that constantly heal pets and buffs their stats per kill etc. ALSO every pet works DIFFERENTLY, some are just plain stronger than others etc. Again I think it’s more a case of you learning the classes more….

My 2 cents.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

My necro is my current go-to for node farming and events in Orr. She’s more survivable than any other 80 I have except warrior, and does acceptable damage. So, while I’m sorry for those who feel necro is worthless, that is not my experience.

/not signed

Posted by: Darth Llama.9217

Darth Llama.9217

I never favor removing variety as a possibility. I would much rather that the professions in question get ‘fixed’ instead of removed. Even if they don’t get fixed, removal is still unnecessary since the inclusions of these classes don’t hinder people that don’t like them. If you don’t like Rangers, simply don’t play one. If you don’t feel they can be successful in a dungeon group then when asking for a group look for only the classes you want. Leaving them as an option doesn’t hurt those that don’t like the classes, their inclusion doesn’t detract from others so their removal is unnecessary.

Just for the record though, I have partied up with many Rangers, Engineers and Necros for dungeon runs and most of them have done just fine. I don’t believe for one second that any of these classes aren’t viable options in PVE or Dungeons. I don’t do PvP so I can’t speak on those topics, but for PVE and Dungeons these classes are all viable options. I think they just need a slight boost to bring them up a little closer to other classes, but other then that, they’re all just fine. I have a Ranger that I really enjoy playing and would be sad to see them go if removed.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.

Sauzo.6821

Well like i said in the ranger section, they need to give pet classes an ability to do petless builds which boost themselves up since pets do have kinda crappy AI.

Am I legendary yet!?

Posted by: Beyondthelol.9504

Beyondthelol.9504

Well like i said in the ranger section, they need to give pet classes an ability to do petless builds which boost themselves up since pets do have kinda crappy AI.

I dont understand what people mean when they say this?
What would be your idea of good AI?
From my perspective, you tell a pet what to attack and when to attack. You can tell it to join in your fights or stay out. I dont really understand what else (mechanic wise) you could want.
Unless youre talking about pets strafing and dodging etc, which i think isnt the direction anet wanted to take them, which was (imo) a slighty switched up dps mechanic.

Aramir Hellforge
Terror [TG]
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

You are talking PVP. The rest of us are talking PVE….of course PVP is not balanced. In 14 years of MMO playing, i have yet to see a game balance all the classes in PVP.

I’m actually talking wvw, but yes every single part Dungeons, PvE those three classes are lacking… some of it is to do with pets and damage but a lot is to do with zero reason to have any of them in a team orientated situation..

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

that is a VERY VERY good question! If i had been online 2 hrs ago i would have posted “in before all the leetness and lrn2play posts” because that’s the only straw man argument the stockholm syndrome sufferers seem to have these days. seriously tell us again how wonderful the classes are and how there’s never a situation where their design fails. I’d love to hear it.

It’s no secret that the pet AI is horrible and that they pets die horribly. Other older titles had to give the pets a 90% immunity to AOE splash damage because it was so bad in those other games where AOE spam was rampant.

Theres a ton of problems that haven’t even been touched on necros and engis that are not bugs but massive gaping holes in the design of the classes that need addressing and just because a few people have learned to work around these holes doesn’t make you special, sorry, that’s not a lack of knowledge on how to play that’s simply the act of not standing up for your rights as a consumer to have a completed and balanced game and telling them “hey we’re not going to play unless you finally and at long last fix your game” issue, there’s no special status in workarounds. plain and simple.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)