Remove the Spoon!

Remove the Spoon!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Beast Sos.1457

Beast Sos.1457

Every time i do teq now i get the kitten spoon. This wouldnt be a problem if it didnt mess up the loot table. Its considered a exotic drop so i havent seen anything but that since it released. No other exotics, barley any rares the rest blues and greens. This needs to be removed or make it masterwork in quality so it doesnt destroy the loot.

Remove the Spoon!

Posted by: NaotsuguLH.8915

NaotsuguLH.8915

Awww, is someone mad rng doesn’t work in his favour? I’ve gotten a Tequatl ascended chest drop with a spoon, so I’m not sure if I can agree with you.

Remove the Spoon!

Posted by: Elegy.2159

Elegy.2159

Hi, I’m Hip Hop Hamster. I’m that player that links a huge stack of spoons every time someone complains about the spoons. And then I talk about how much I love them, because I do! The spoons are hilarious, please leave the spoons alone!

I doubt they’re ruining the loot. You get an exotic every time you do Teq. An overwhelming majority of the time, you get a spoon, Bone Fragment of Tequatl, or a Superior Rune of the Sunless. They are all “worthless” in terms of monetary value.

Once in a while, I get an exotic or an ascended box in addition to one of the three worthless exos that drop, so I don’t think they’re using the same loot table.

Remove the Spoon!

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Is it taking up a valuable slot? It seems to be in the same drop category as the exotic rune and the bone fragment. At least it’s 10 silver and worth more than the rune.

Remove the Spoon!

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

I can’t find the Dev post about this, but I distinctly remember from awhile back that they said the Spoon does not take up the exotic loot drop chance. It is instead on its own table, or the table for the runes etc.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Remove the Spoon!

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

I would be happy if they would allow me to string them into a fetching necklace.

Having a side job selling cutlery bling could be lucrative…

Remove the Spoon!

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

The Spoon fills up the slot for certain Teq-specific drops like the Superior Rune of the Sunless, the Benthic Aquabreathers, or the Bone Fragments of Tequatl. Before April, when you killed Tequatl you would sometimes get the Rune/Fragment/Aquabreather, but more often get none of the Teq-specific items and just normal loot. When the collections patch was added, the Spoon was made to drop any time one of the other Teq-specific items didn’t. As such, it’s giving you extra loot that you wouldn’t have had otherwise.

Since each Spoon sells for 10 silver, it’s already better than the 2.16 silver Rune that you wouldn’t even always get before.

Remove the Spoon!

Posted by: Beast Sos.1457

Beast Sos.1457

The Spoon fills up the slot for certain Teq-specific drops like the Superior Rune of the Sunless, the Benthic Aquabreathers, or the Bone Fragments of Tequatl. Before April, when you killed Tequatl you would sometimes get the Rune/Fragment/Aquabreather, but more often get none of the Teq-specific items and just normal loot. When the collections patch was added, the Spoon was made to drop any time one of the other Teq-specific items didn’t. As such, it’s giving you extra loot that you wouldn’t have had otherwise.

Since each Spoon sells for 10 silver, it’s already better than the 2.16 silver Rune that you wouldn’t even always get before.

Thanks for the respectful reply. I wasnt playing the game during that time so i was ignorant to that fact. I guess the rng Gods just havent been liking me lately.

Remove the Spoon!

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I regret selling all mine. Should have collected them until I got a stack.

In the wise words of The Tick…

Attachments:

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Remove the Spoon!

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

My experience has been Spoon, Rune or Trinket. Everything else from the ground chest, every time I’ve done the event, was green or maybe blue (I don’t really track the difference for salvage-only drops unless I can get an ecto). The only Ascended drop I’ve gotten came from the Exotic side chest.

Remove the Spoon!

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Umm………I’m not sure what the complaint is.

Attachments:

There’s something charming about rangers.

Remove the Spoon!

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Hmmm…. the only issue I have with this is that I’d be fine if we had spoons for collections ONCE. Other that the spoons being worth 10 silver a piece, I see no reason why we should have to get another spoon as a drop.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Remove the Spoon!

Posted by: Roda.7468

Roda.7468

Anet, pls let us turn bone spoons stacks into spoons instruments.

clackitaclackitaclackitaclackitaclackitaclackitaclackitaclackitaclackita

Remove the Spoon!

Posted by: Briars.1425

Briars.1425

Every time i do teq now i get the kitten spoon. This wouldnt be a problem if it didnt mess up the loot table. Its considered a exotic drop so i havent seen anything but that since it released. No other exotics, barley any rares the rest blues and greens. This needs to be removed or make it masterwork in quality so it doesnt destroy the loot.

the spoon and Sup rune of the useless are actually in their own loot slot.
they dont share with anything else.