Renown Heart Tips

Renown Heart Tips

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: xJVillzz.8109

xJVillzz.8109

Anyone have tips for renown hearts? I have the map completed except for renown hearts. I decided to skip most of them during map completion and just come back to them after. Now I’m doing them and it’s taking me more than an hour to finish renown hearts for an entire zone. Anyone have tips on how to finish them faster?

Renown Heart Tips

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Do them when there are events up. They’ll speed by but you still have to wait for the events. And not all of them have associated events.

Really there is no quick way.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Renown Heart Tips

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

If there are many dead NPCs in a renowned heart area, revive them only a little each if there are other players in the area. That way, you have a better chance of getting to them all.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Renown Heart Tips

Posted by: Lyndis.4653

Lyndis.4653

I have completed central Tyria exploration 12 times and I have an actually nice tip for renown heart : use and abuse weapon switch.

What I mean by that is that a lot (the vast majority) of interactible objects for hearts can be canceled with weapon switch while they give credit at the start of their animations.

This technique can reduce the time needed for some hearts by a very substantial amount. The only limitation is that elementalist and engineers cannot use it.

Aside from interactible, on a case by case basis it is really good to know what part of the objectives are the most efficient and whether some of them can be done simultaneously or not. But this is not a knowledge that can be given because there are too many (303 ?) hearts to discuss them individually.

Obviously you want lv80 exo/asc zerk gear with full offensive build to trivialize as much as possible any “kill x” objective.

Events are obviously (as mentioned) speeding hearts but since you’ll just go from heart to heart that’s not really something you can exploit a lot, use events if there are when you’re doing them but that’s it.

As a side note : hearts will be more painful as a mesmer compared to other classes and you might want to avoid “kill x” objectives a little more if you’re playing one. If you have chronomancer specilization this doesn’t necessarily remain true.

(edited by Lyndis.4653)

Renown Heart Tips

xJVillzz.8109

Thanks for the tips guys! I have a question about the weapon switch. So if I were to start attacking an enemy that I need to kill for the heart. If I switch weapons every time I hit them will I get credit for the heart with every hit? That’s how I am understanding it but I could be wrong. I am a Guardian with everything at least exotic. I have ascended trinkets and an ascended helm and greatsword if that helps at all.

(edited by xJVillzz.8109)

Renown Heart Tips

Posted by: Lyndis.4653

Lyndis.4653

Weapon switch will not help at all for the killing objectives, it’s just for interactible objects.

In fact you want to be out of combat to use it in order to have no cooldown on the weapon switch.

If I transpose your question to interactibles : you cannot get credit multiple times using weapon switch. You cut the animation but the credit and the object despawn/desactivation still happens. It “just” allows you to move to the next objective immediately.

Also guardian is pretty good for exploring except for movement speed, I personally always run traveller’s runes on mine to solve this issue (except in raid ofc).

Two examples where weapon switch on interactibles shines :
- http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Help_First_Haven's_residents_deal_with_the_undead
-http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Help_Cuadinti_Prepare_Southwatch_Post

(edited by Lyndis.4653)

Renown Heart Tips

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

A tip for a specific heart: When doing Training With The Company heart, grab a war horn from the Heart NPC, and use the summon birds on a rat from too far away. You’ll get ‘Out of Range’ on the rat, so it won’t die. But the renown heart bar will still fill.

And yes – kudos to Lyndis on that Weapon Swapping tip – it saves a lot of time!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Renown Heart Tips

xJVillzz.8109

Weapon switch will not help at all for the killing objectives, it’s just for interactible objects.

In fact you want to be out of combat to use it in order to have no cooldown on the weapon switch.

If I transpose your question to interactibles : you cannot get credit multiple times using weapon switch. You cut the animation but the credit and the object despawn/desactivation still happens. It “just” allows you to move to the next objective immediately.

Also guardian is pretty good for exploring except for movement speed, I personally always run traveller’s runes on mine to solve this issue (except in raid ofc).

Two examples where weapon switch on interactibles shines :
- http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Help_First_Haven's_residents_deal_with_the_undead
-http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Help_Cuadinti_Prepare_Southwatch_Post

Thank you! I believe I understand. Now to try and finish all of these hearts! Haha