Repair canisters

Repair canisters

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: poziix.7285

poziix.7285

I did a search, couldn’t find anything on it. If it exists already please excuse this post and point me in the right direction.

With repair costs becoming free, what will happen to repair canisters? Will they still exist? They still drop from the Black Lion Chests. Will they still be a gem store purchase?

I guess in a dungeon where you can’t way point back to the repair station they can be useful, but what about generally? I have dozens of them, will they still be there post 15th?

Repair canisters

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

They will still be useful, they give more convenience to the users, with then you dont have to wp to a repair npc. But the only place i would consider to even use then is in fractals, my pc takes too much time to load the screens if i go to my login screen to get to gendarran fields to repair.

I dont think they are useful in wvw, because if you die you need to wp to your base and you have an repair npc there, unless the group you are following keeps ressing you.

Repair canisters

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

They didn’t say they were removing damage, just that repairs would be free. Being defeated will still damage and eventually break your equipment, and you’ll still have to travel to an NPC to fix it, you just wont pay for it. Repair canisters will have the same function that they currently have, they will repair damaged and broken armour without needing to travel to a repair NPC.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

Repair canisters

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Basically, save them for Fractals, where you may not be able to easily get to a repair NPC.

Repair canisters

poziix.7285

As someone with a personal fractals level of 6, it is pretty much impossible to get to do fractals now. Everyone wants fractals level 40+

I’ll save them for dungeons. As long as they aren’t going away, it’s all good

Thanks for the help GW2 community

Repair canisters

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

As someone with a personal fractals level of 6, it is pretty much impossible to get to do fractals now. Everyone wants fractals level 40+

Oh, really?

Edit: They filled by the time I finished posting this.

Attachments:

Repair canisters

poziix.7285

This is prime time. I don’t play prime time, I play oceanic. It’s very rare to find anything below 40+ during those times. Also I didn’t say it was totally impossible, just “pretty much”. But anyway this isn’t about fractals, it was about canisters

Repair canisters

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

This is prime time. I don’t play prime time, I play oceanic. It’s very rare to find anything below 40+ during those times. Also I didn’t say it was totally impossible, just “pretty much”. But anyway this isn’t about fractals, it was about canisters

That is correct, and I just realised that my previous post may have sounded a little bit too hostile and because of that you have my apologies.

As others have said before, repair costs are disappearing, but armor damage isn’t, so feel free to use them now that repair costs still matter or whenever you don’t feel to WP for repairs.

Repair canisters

Zaxares.5419

I’m from Australia too, and I still manage to get Fractal PUGs at levels 1 – 15. Start the LFG search yourself, and just be patient. You’ll usually get a group within 10 mins.

Keep in mind that the LFG tool only refreshes periodically. It’s sometimes possible for a listing to appear and fill before it updates, meaning you never see the entry.

Repair canisters

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I think people are missing the point here. Repair canisters are portable.

No matter where you are, you can use them. So they still have value. That is the whole reason why they exist. Nothing has changed.

Repair canisters

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Basically, save them for Fractals, where you may not be able to easily get to a repair NPC.

Not as easy as in other dungeons but you can still step out and repair if it really becomes necessary so there isn’t a need to save them for fractals.

Repair canisters

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

They are still useful, but kind of annoying to use.

As they are now, people has to remember to carry them around. And some people ends up never using them.

If they had a menu option, like an account-wide small panel you can access from the top tool bar (NEVER something as intrusive and “in your face” as in Chinese version) they would be a bit more useful, as they’ll be readily available from anywhere.

Who wouldn’t be more tempted to use a canister when they are inside a fractal and don’t have to go get them in the bank or do the logout trick to go repair in town?

Oh, and boosters could have a revamp too.

You never know if you’ll need to do something different. Pop a gathering booster, gather for 10 minutes, get called for a dungeon… all the rest of the time wasted. Because of that, using some of the boosters is a gamble.

Boosters should instead add to an account-wide pool that adds up to the effect, instead giving time. So an XP booster would give you a fixed amount of potential bonus XP based on your level, let’s say +200% the total exp required for you to level up, and whenever you gain XP, you have 50% more, and that 50% extra is discounted from the pool. For example, A booster gives you +100.000 bonus XP to an empty pool, when you gain 1000XP, you’ll get +500XP because of the 50% bonus exp effect, and 500XP are discounted from your pool, which is now 999.500XP.
Now it doesn’t matter how long you take to kill the next thing, the XP is still waiting there.

And their effects should be toggleable on demand, so you can disable your XP booster while playing with someone that doesn’t have then if you want to stay around the same level with your partner characters.

You could them just use up all your boosters to fill your pools, and then decide with which characters you want to use the effects by toggling them off when needed (they’ll be on by default).

This could be appied to all boosters except those that behave like the Killstreak Experience Booster. Those would remain timed and one-use like the other consumables, still from the account-wide special consumable panel.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Repair canisters

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Not as easy as in other dungeons but you can still step out and repair if it really becomes necessary so there isn’t a need to save them for fractals.

Unless you opened the fractal or have long loading times. I still prefer using them in fractals than stepping out though.

Repair canisters

Zaxares.5419

^ That. I always open dungeons/Fractals myself, so leaving the instance to go repair is not an option. Dungeons are now fixed, but Fractals is still a potential issue.

Repair canisters

poziix.7285

That is correct, and I just realised that my previous post may have sounded a little bit too hostile and because of that you have my apologies.

No problem, I wasn’t offended

I’m from Australia too, and I still manage to get Fractal PUGs at levels 1 – 15. Start the LFG search yourself, and just be patient. You’ll usually get a group within 10 mins.

Keep in mind that the LFG tool only refreshes periodically. It’s sometimes possible for a listing to appear and fill before it updates, meaning you never see the entry.

Hmm good to know, I’ll try that. To be honest I never thought about actually starting a LFG session :/

As they are now, people has to remember to carry them around. And some people ends up never using them.

If they had a menu option, like an account-wide small panel you can access from the top tool bar (NEVER something as intrusive and “in your face” as in Chinese version) they would be a bit more useful, as they’ll be readily available from anywhere.

Who wouldn’t be more tempted to use a canister when they are inside a fractal and don’t have to go get them in the bank or do the logout trick to go repair in town?

You never know if you’ll need to do something different. Pop a gathering booster, gather for 10 minutes, get called for a dungeon… all the rest of the time wasted. Because of that, using some of the boosters is a gamble.

Boosters should instead add to an account-wide pool that adds up to the effect, instead giving time. So an XP booster would give you a fixed amount of potential bonus XP based on your level, let’s say +200% the total exp required for you to level up, and whenever you gain XP, you have 50% more, and that 50% extra is discounted from the pool. For example, A booster gives you +100.000 bonus XP to an empty pool, when you gain 1000XP, you’ll get +500XP because of the 50% bonus exp effect, and 500XP are discounted from your pool, which is now 999.500XP.
Now it doesn’t matter how long you take to kill the next thing, the XP is still waiting there.

And their effects should be toggleable on demand, so you can disable your XP booster while playing with someone that doesn’t have then if you want to stay around the same level with your partner characters.

You could them just use up all your boosters to fill your pools, and then decide with which characters you want to use the effects by toggling them off when needed (they’ll be on by default).

This could be appied to all boosters except those that behave like the Killstreak Experience Booster. Those would remain timed and one-use like the other consumables, still from the account-wide special consumable panel.

An easy fix for that would be an account wide bag. Buy it from the gem store, for example, 1000 gems for a 10 slot account bag or 2000 gems for a 20 slot account bag. It shows up at the bottom of your bags, it’s a new bag, not taking up the room of an existing one, it would be invisible in terms of selling to a merchant or trading post and would be available on every character you have. Whatever you put in there, is usable by all your characters. This would mean people wouldn’t forget to use boosters etc – they will always be there, regardless of character. Same with salvage equipment and the repair canisters. The issue with items like XP boosters etc – they aren’t so useful when you have a level 80 character, unless you want more skill points via XP., so having them in an account wide bag means they will have a greater chance of being used and subsequently be purchased more often.
Before people say, what’s the point of a mini bank bag? It’s limited to 10 or 20 slots, so all the mass items or not useful at the moment items can go in the bank.
How would you implement it as per lore to have a bag that is available to all characters? The Asura are crafty, they invented portals that allow instant travel from one spot to another. Who’s to say they can’t invent a “portal bag” that the items placed in it are accessible with the right bag?

Anyway, that would make items like canisters (the ultimate point of the post) and other boosters, sharable weapons (when they go account bound), permanent mining tools, salvage equipment, royal/airship passes, merchant/bank express etc all easily accessible at any time by any character without having to race to the bank, the realise you left item x on another character, change character, go to the bank, deposit, change back, withdraw, dance that myself and I assume many others do now.

Repair canisters

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

Lots of people do level 10 fractals though and that would progress you if you did those. Find a casual group and have some fun.

On topic: As for repair cannisters, the big convenience to me wasn’t the cost so much as the time saved not having to run around and make everyone wait for me.

Repair canisters

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

If they had a menu option, like an account-wide small panel you can access from the top tool bar they would be a bit more useful, as they’ll be readily available from anywhere.

HA I love this

I’ve opened soo many Black Lion chests since launch I am overflowing with bosters repair canisters revival orbs and all sorts of black lion junk

I’ve got an entire bank tab full of black lion tools and another full of bosters and black lion items
i’ve barely touched them since I put them there..
I keep forgetting about them which is mainly why i’ve not used them so i’ve just been hording them

Repair canisters

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Thats not true I’ve pugged at lv 9 … .. and I’ve invested in agony resist for 11-19. (since there’s more doing 11+
But still plenty people stick to 1-9, try starting your own lfg or looking for a guild that does them.
____

I’v e only used them for fracs as it is. That wont change

Repair canisters

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Thats not true I’ve pugged at lv 9 … .. and I’ve invested in agony resist for 11-19. (since there’s more doing 11+
But still plenty people stick to 1-9, try starting your own lfg or looking for a guild that does them.
____

I’v e only used them for fracs as it is. That wont change

Join AARM or one of our three you will find us in TC or Gendarran overflows on NA servers We do fractals at low levels a lot to help people like you that need it.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.