Repeatable Personal Story

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Musha.4025

Musha.4025

Will the personal story ever become replayable?

Aegan – Human Ranger (80)
Leader of the Guardians of Light (GoL)

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

Just make a Prestige system like they have in FPSer. You kill Ziatan, can you reset your personal story and possible pick different paths. Also with the new reward systems added it will allow old player to get the new reward system. To prevent abuse, only allow a story reset after you finish Victory or Death (kill Ziatan). And now you have added replayable to the Personal Story, which used to be a big focus for this game 2 years ago.

Posted by: DDCarvalho.2071

DDCarvalho.2071

It is repeatable!
It costs 800 gems.
And you can even change some minor details of your story.

Now, seriously, understand where this comes from, there are some quests that are more fun and others you won’t ever want to see again. I hope they make season 0 repeatable,
I remember that they said that season 0 wasn’t repeatable because of the choices presented in the story, but they just have to lock down the choices (just present the chosen option instead of asking again) since the player shouldn’t be able to rewrite the past.
If/whan they do that they will probably use the mold of season 2, and that would probably mean no repeatable rewards. But I think we can live without the greens awarded by completing a level 75 mission.

(edited by DDCarvalho.2071)

Posted by: Musha.4025

Musha.4025

I don’t know.. I definitely wouldn’t want to see the repeatable story farmable, but I would also definitely love to have access to the unique skins I didn’t know were unique before. I’ve started NOT completing my PS on my chars now because, as it stands, I know I’ll never be able to go through it again. I’m like a perma-pre.

Aegan – Human Ranger (80)
Leader of the Guardians of Light (GoL)

DDCarvalho.2071

I don’t know.. I definitely wouldn’t want to see the repeatable story farmable, but I would also definitely love to have access to the unique skins I didn’t know were unique before. I’ve started NOT completing my PS on my chars now because, as it stands, I know I’ll never be able to go through it again. I’m like a perma-pre.

As long as the only thing farmable are green equipment and skins, I don’t think they would have a problem allowing repeatable rewards.

However, because the changes announced today include a revamp of the story rewards, that would probably mean that the current blues and greens may become yellow and maybe even orange on the Orr part. That would preclude repeatable rewards.

On the other hand, if that happens, my alts will learn a bit of the story too…

What is a perma-pre?

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Are there even that many skins to unlock in personal story?

I’m not sure how many times one need to repeat the personal story to get every skins unlock.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Are there even that many skins to unlock in personal story?

I’m not sure how many times one need to repeat the personal story to get every skins unlock.

Yes there are a few. Seraph weapons, some exotic skins iirc, some skins you can’t get anywhere else… Two of the weapons towards the end even give a superior sigil of force, no skin, but still nice.

Posted by: JusticarArkiel.1564

JusticarArkiel.1564

they said pretty early on that they would not set the personal story to be repeatable, simply because of your choices you made in the first place. it takes alot of coding to have it remember, hold onto, and keep the first choices, and still use the new choices in the repeat

Fix what you have before you build something new

DDCarvalho.2071

they said pretty early on that they would not set the personal story to be repeatable, simply because of your choices you made in the first place. it takes alot of coding to have it remember, hold onto, and keep the first choices, and still use the new choices in the repeat

The system already remembers, “holds onto”, and keep the first choices, considering the 3 terms are equivalent to “store the information”. The missions showed in the Story Journal serve as the storage of the information (for example, different choices in the talk with the Pale Tree trigger different missions afterwards, and the Story Journal knows which missions you made).
The needed code work would be for not allowing the player to make the choice again (it would appear like the choices appear currently for “guests” of the story).

I would guess it is small work, but repeated many times (one for each branching path), but it could be bigger depending on the quality of the code involved

For example, the “people” asked for change from 2 to 3 people to kick a person from a party. While this change appears trivial from the outside (change some constant from 2 to 3?), the devs already said it is not trivial because of the code involved.

Little or big work, I don’t think season 0 is their priority, but currently we have no way of knowing…