Report on behalf of others?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Brando.3891

Brando.3891

Hi guys, today i was “victim” of scamming, i reported him but i think that my only report isn’t enough so i thought to tell at all my friends to report him but i’m asking if this is against the rules. Can someone report someone else for a “crime” that not occur on him?

Thank you and sorry for my english.

Brando [SC] Snow Crows

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Since the person you reported didn’t scam any of your friends, I don’t feel as if them reporting that person would be necessary, although making your friends aware of said person as a scammer is as far as I would go with it.

Sometimes mass reporting from people not affected by the person(s) involved can be seen as harassment or needless report spam, and can in fact backfire.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

I would suggest you don’t do that, fairly sure flooding support with ‘reports’ would count as abusing the report function.

21. You may use the Guild Wars 2 reporting system within the Game to alert the company to in-game issues such as inappropriate behavior, offensive names, the perceived use of a “bot,” or other misconduct. You may not use the Guild Wars 2 reporting system to inflict harm upon or harass another player, to submit false reports, or to cause undue load on our servers. Individuals who abuse the reporting function will be investigated and will face possible account suspension or account termination.

Terms and conditions of use

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It only takes one report for CS to investigate. People that were not affected wouldn’t be able to add much to your report. Also, you should always use the TP to avoid being scammed….that’s why it’s there.

Brando.3891

thank you for answer guys, i will not tell my friends to report him. luckly this scam was only a 2g. so i deal with it.

Brando [SC] Snow Crows

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

If someone offers you a really good deal that operates outside of the official channels eg. mail trading, gold selling etc. then you are gonna get burnt. You shouldn’t report the guy, you should thank him for imparting this absolutely priceless lesson for the bargain fee of 2g.

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

Brando.3891

it’s not what you think, i play this game since the beta i know how it works. I was selling arah and in one run i had no time to waste because i had to go out so this guy says me that he had only 3g and the other 2g he will send me as soon as he will get the daily chest reward, and as i say before i have no time to waste so i agreed and when i completed the dungeon he left the party and blocked me.

Brando [SC] Snow Crows

Posted by: Mordule Standish.2371

Mordule Standish.2371

it’s not what you think, i play this game since the beta i know how it works. I was selling arah and in one run i had no time to waste because i had to go out so this guy says me that he had only 3g and the other 2g he will send me as soon as he will get the daily chest reward, and as i say before i have no time to waste so i agreed and when i completed the dungeon he left the party and blocked me.

I was under the impression that Anet wants reports on players that sell dungeon runs. If so, thanks for posting.

Prepare to don the behind hat – Zojja

Brando.3891

anet sayed that selling dungeon is PERFECTLY legit

Brando [SC] Snow Crows

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Wait, what???

How do you sell a dungeon, lol..

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Brando.3891

i do it in solo and sell it at the end for the reward

Brando [SC] Snow Crows

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

Wait, what???

Pfft only noobs sell dungeons. I’m selling Lion’s Arch!

Brando.3891

Wait, what???

Pfft only noobs sell dungeons. I’m selling Lion’s Arch!

lol

Brando [SC] Snow Crows

Posted by: effybuttonmoon.4607

effybuttonmoon.4607

A dungeon run seller that got scammed??

Lmao… “For Great Justice”.

Aha ;D \o/

To OP: I don’t think you can really get action off anet for saying…this guy didnt give me 2g for this dungeon run when he said he would o.0 Selling paths is always gonna be risky. If someone doesn’t pay 2g, just forget it and move on. You got your entitled reward from the dungeon.

Posted by: Moderator.3406

Moderator.3406

As this issue has been resolved, the thread is now closed.