Reporting Gold sellers

Reporting Gold sellers

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MARKONINI.4153

MARKONINI.4153

I reported a gold seller today in DR (he had a level 2 character standing in front of Tixx and was sending messages to everyone around him).

And… after my report he was still able to send me 12 completely same messages offering me gold (in a 3 minutes time period while I was making snowmen for the daily and talking to Tixx for the gift).

Isn’t it kind of obvious that if I report someone for selling gold that I certainly don’t want to receive 12 more same gold offers from him ? Why doesn’t the report feature include a “block” in itself ? :/ And why was he allowed to send me 13 exactly same messages in under 4 minutes when I’m not even allowed to send more then 2 mails to my friends in a certain time period ?

The “Report for gold selling” is not a joke as it can get somebody banned and it should probably have a bit more “power”. IMO it should remove all the whispers you got from the reported person (to clear the spam) and add that person to your block list (to prevent more spam).

Tinypaws / Tiny The Charrdian / Marko The Guardian

Guardian has no alternative :)

(edited by MARKONINI.4153)

Reporting Gold sellers

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you peruse the messages carefully, you will find each one ends with a different code number.

It is best to just report and block.

Sorry to inform you that posting about illicit activity in-game is against forum rules.

Good luck.

Reporting Gold sellers

Posted by: MARKONINI.4153

MARKONINI.4153

If a post like this is “illegal” then they can delete it. I’m just gonna send a ticket…

But all I’m trying to do is discus a feature – the “Report” option.

I’m not pointing fingers to anybody, didn’t mention anybodies name and didn’t post any screenshots…

Tinypaws / Tiny The Charrdian / Marko The Guardian

Guardian has no alternative :)

(edited by MARKONINI.4153)

Reporting Gold sellers

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

While you are waiting for them to fix the situation to your satisfaction, from now on when you report a gold seller, take an additional second and block him. That’s bound to be less annoying than receiving multiple messages.

Possibly report (all reports) and block are separate as there may be times when someone wants to report but doesn’t want to block. Reporting for gold selling is a subset of report and it may not be easy to have block attached to it but not the others.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Reporting Gold sellers

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

It would be good to have a “Block” checkbox (default on) on that report screen. I always report/block so would appreciate that happening all in one.

Reporting Gold sellers

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

There are times when you might want to report a player in map chat, but not block them. Adding a check box would take just as much time to block someone as right click +report…I have certainly watched my block list grow over the holidays. Gold sellers strike again!

Reporting Gold sellers

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

.I have certainly watched my block list grow over the holidays. Gold sellers strike again!

Its really sad to see again how easy they can get accounts with such stupid scam mails where really everyone should notice that its a scam .. and heck there even stands a not at the bottom that those mails are not from ANet.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Reporting Gold sellers

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

There are times when you might want to report a player in map chat, but not block them. Adding a check box would take just as much time to block someone as right click +report…I have certainly watched my block list grow over the holidays. Gold sellers strike again!

I’ve never wanted to report a player and not block them, there may well be times, but I’ve never come across them.