Reporting Teleport Hack

Reporting Teleport Hack

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Athens.6125

Athens.6125

How are you guys reporting people who are using the teleport hack? I never was able to click on them long enough to report them, but out of curiosity I setup camp close to a node out of the way and turned on my recorder and sure enough within 5 to 10 minutes of watching my playback, I had my first teleport in, gather the node and poof gone again.

Funny thing, I did the same thing on a Vista and had a few teleport in and out there as well.

Reporting Teleport Hack

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

About the vista, it may have been people who logged off there and then waypointed out. Vistas are generally fairly safe places.

Reporting Teleport Hack

Athens.6125

Ya, I would not report anyone at a vista, I use these places to log out as well a lot of the time. It does look curious to see someone just zone it, watch the vista and zone out.

Reporting Teleport Hack

Posted by: Revan.6259

Revan.6259

How are you guys reporting people who are using the teleport hack? I never was able to click on them long enough to report them, but out of curiosity I setup camp close to a node out of the way and turned on my recorder and sure enough within 5 to 10 minutes of watching my playback, I had my first teleport in, gather the node and poof gone again.

Funny thing, I did the same thing on a Vista and had a few teleport in and out there as well.

Also, there’s no guarantee that the node people are a hack either – I know some people that will park alts next to resource nodes, and then log in every so often to mine them, then log out of that character again.

Reporting Teleport Hack

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

Also, there’s no guarantee that the node people are a hack either – I know some people that will park alts next to resource nodes, and then log in every so often to mine them, then log out of that character again.

This.
Got reported myself a few times as I farm on 16 alts.
I’m not worried about getting banned as I don’t cheat, but doesn’t make it less comfortable.

So don’t be so sure everyone are hackers, if you happened to catch their name after clicking the report button (short, doesn’t make much sense or simply highly increative) , along with crap armor, then there’s a good chance they hack.

Reporting Teleport Hack

Posted by: Backward Sass.6791

Backward Sass.6791

If you have your UI on, taking a screenshot will capture their name. From there you can look at the screenshot, send a /w to it, then click on the name and choose Report. It’s more effort, but I’m more than happy to catch them any way I can.

Cheers!

Reporting Teleport Hack

Posted by: scabies.3246

scabies.3246

Vistas are usually save places to log out at for me.

Reporting Teleport Hack

Athens.6125

If you have your UI on, taking a screenshot will capture their name. From there you can look at the screenshot, send a /w to it, then click on the name and choose Report. It’s more effort, but I’m more than happy to catch them any way I can.

Cheers!

Brilliant, thank you!

Mods, please feel free to lock or close this topic.