Req: Make clear when something is temporary

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Dear anet, I love this game. I am a sad and deep achievment hunter also.

But it hurts me that some achievments are completely removed without ever being specified that they were temporary.

I just noticed into pvp that the title “Primordial legend” got removed, and its gone for good. I was halfway on diamond at season 1 and stopped because I wanted to finish and focus my HoT Achievments, and get this title/achievment on next seasons. Now its completely gone.

The same happened with wintersday title/achievment > Sweet tooth. I farmed and stocked ~1,5k of candy’s to use then, and then I couldn’t log on the day before patch. Patch hit, achievment/Title Gone for good, and I am sitting at 1,5k of useless candys.

So please, I am asking as softly as I can, because I love this game and this gets me highly frustrated : Properly advertise when something is temporary. Please, I ain’t asking too much.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Agree fully. I’m 2020/2500 for sweet tooth. Then a familie member got serious sick, So i’ve dropped my plans for that day and visited the person in hospital. I was home at a time sometimes the patch still has to hit (often it is up already though). I had bad luck, it was up. And I though that like alcohol, sweeth tooth would remain accessable. But it wasnt.

Primordial legend is a double mistake. Firstly, you are supposed to get 3 ap, for getting ruby (5 if you complete the title). I am ruby and have 0 ap. Knowing how lazy Anet is in regards to AP, i will NEVER see that 3 ap. What’s more, the people who got legendary in first season are very lucky. Anet communicated mostly ‘this yeazr there will be this wings, next year diff’. No word about the ap. So i assumed it’s a year too. Nope!

So Anet owes me at least 3 ap points (primordial legend should be 3/5 not 0/5 since i’m ruby first season), the wintersday title. And perhaps a big sorry for letting me loose perma opportunity to get primordial title without warning.

But my hopes are low. All marketing now, they don’t focus on their veterans anymore, and how they feel about being treathed (Farming a high achievement count is pretty much endgame content, veteran content, ignoring that = ignoring veterans imo, and they’ve been doing this for ages).

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

Dear anet, I love this game. I am a sad and deep achievment hunter also.

But it hurts me that some achievments are completely removed without ever being specified that they were temporary.

I just noticed into pvp that the title “Primordial legend” got removed, and its gone for good. I was halfway on diamond at season 1 and stopped because I wanted to finish and focus my HoT Achievments, and get this title/achievment on next seasons. Now its completely gone.

The same happened with wintersday title/achievment > Sweet tooth. I farmed and stocked ~1,5k of candy’s to use then, and then I couldn’t log on the day before patch. Patch hit, achievment/Title Gone for good, and I am sitting at 1,5k of useless candys.

So please, I am asking as softly as I can, because I love this game and this gets me highly frustrated : Properly advertise when something is temporary. Please, I ain’t asking too much.

the leet players need to be able to stand over you and show that they are superior w/ their titles. this is why u are just sol. what would be the point of getting it if they couldn’t permanently have this achievement over you? the fact that it was secretly temp available is even better cause it shows they were really dedicated players determined to achieve asap

Posted by: Sir Alymer.3406

Sir Alymer.3406

Except the holiday and event achievements were made clear that they were going away as the events themselves were temporary. The only achievement so far that wasn’t temporary was Festive Imbiber and ANet even came out and said that was the only achievement from Wintersday that would be available all year.

I believe the problem here is not a clarity error on ANet’s part, but a reading comprehension on your part.

Posted by: Kerin.9125

Kerin.9125

For the life of me I can’t think of a good reason, or any reason at all TBH, why you’d not consume those things as you got them rather than hoarding till the 11th hour allowing you no time to deal with unexpected problems, which sadly you encountered.

It’s the same everywhere, people leave things till the very last minute and then complain when something happens that prevents them doing what they could have done days, or sometimes weeks, before.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Here are answers to questions about the Wintersday Festival:

• Is the entire Wintersday Presence Collection accessible all year, or only the Festive Imbiber?
    • The Winter’s Presence collection will be available all year. Anything in the Collections category will always be available, but certain parts of it may no longer be collectible.
  • Will the candy cane achievement be given similar treatment to Festive Imbiber? It’s not required for the shoulders, but it’s still one that is on a similar progression scale as Festive Imbiber.
    • Candy cane achievement will not stay available. It is not needed for anything else (except the meta). Progress will be saved and will be able to be finished next Wintersday.
  • Will FI and the candy cane achievement progress the Wintersday meta after Jan 12? This is mainly a curiosity thing, am interested to know if the meta achieve will be locked after Jan 12 is over, even though anyone that really wants the meta won’t need it.
    • No, the meta will not be able to be completed after the end of this Wintersday. The purpose of the meta is to reward a title for active participation in the event.
  • Will FI and the candy cane achievement’s progress carry to next Wintersday, similar to the Grawnk ones did from last year?
    • Yes!

I hope that’s helpful info, and here’s a PSA:

Wintersday ends on Tuesday, January 12th.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Holiday and event achievements have always been temporary. Really have no idea how Anet could make it even more clear.

MauricioCezar.2673

For the life of me I can’t think of a good reason, or any reason at all TBH, why you’d not consume those things as you got them rather than hoarding till the 11th hour allowing you no time to deal with unexpected problems, which sadly you encountered.

It’s the same everywhere, people leave things till the very last minute and then complain when something happens that prevents them doing what they could have done days, or sometimes weeks, before.

For the simple reason I was stocking and farming mine ones to see how many I would need to buy.

@Just a flesh wound : Thanks, and gaile is always nice, sadly, one cant just keep up with every possible dev post here and I missed it. A more logical adn correct way to solve this is to just add a line of text to said achievments in-game, saying : This achievment will be removed at dd//mm//yy.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

A more logical adn correct way to solve this is to just add a line of text to said achievments in-game, saying : This achievment will be removed at dd//mm//yy.

They can’t put the date — things change and stuff doesn’t always go according to schedule. They could, however, include “this achievement can only be completed during Wintersday” or “…while LA defends against Scarlet’s attack” (or whatever the situation is).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: thisisit.6954

thisisit.6954

For the simple reason I was stocking and farming mine ones to see how many I would need to buy.

@Just a flesh wound : Thanks, and gaile is always nice, sadly, one cant just keep up with every possible dev post here and I missed it. A more logical adn correct way to solve this is to just add a line of text to said achievments in-game, saying : This achievment will be removed at dd//mm//yy.

You could have done exactly the same thing by using them and seeing how many more you needed. I am the worlds worst procrastinator and have missed out on things due to that. you made the choice in how to do the achievement and it was the wrong one, not anets fault.

That’s the benefit of having friends or guildies to ask. We always made it clear for anyone asking in GC so they knew what was going away. Even if you cant keep up with posts, there will be someone who does. End days can and do change in game just as in RL – if its a achievement that’s important to you then you should do the checking to ensure you are aware. As soon as they put a date on it there would be complaints from other time zones where it finished early/late or that they expected it to finish at 17.00 not 10.00 when they update happened. Simply put, the best thing is to not leave it until the last day and you can usually tell when that is from the countdown of the events items leaving the gem store (Also that is will be on a Tuesday when anet does the updates).

MauricioCezar.2673

As Illconceived Was Na stated, its simple as puting as he stated.

- “This achievment can only be completed during wintersday”
- “This achievment can only be completed during season 1”

Boom. 30 seconds of development.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Agree fully. I’m 2020/2500 for sweet tooth. Then a familie member got serious sick, So i’ve dropped my plans for that day and visited the person in hospital. I was home at a time sometimes the patch still has to hit (often it is up already though). I had bad luck, it was up. And I though that like alcohol, sweeth tooth would remain accessable. But it wasnt.

Primordial legend is a double mistake. Firstly, you are supposed to get 3 ap, for getting ruby (5 if you complete the title). I am ruby and have 0 ap. Knowing how lazy Anet is in regards to AP, i will NEVER see that 3 ap. What’s more, the people who got legendary in first season are very lucky. Anet communicated mostly ‘this yeazr there will be this wings, next year diff’. No word about the ap. So i assumed it’s a year too. Nope!

So Anet owes me at least 3 ap points (primordial legend should be 3/5 not 0/5 since i’m ruby first season), the wintersday title. And perhaps a big sorry for letting me loose perma opportunity to get primordial title without warning.

But my hopes are low. All marketing now, they don’t focus on their veterans anymore, and how they feel about being treathed (Farming a high achievement count is pretty much endgame content, veteran content, ignoring that = ignoring veterans imo, and they’ve been doing this for ages).

Primordial Legend was changed to give flat out 6 AP at legendary divsion when they fixed it. They removed all sub tiers so ruby = 0.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

As Illconceived Was Na stated, its simple as puting as he stated.

- “This achievment can only be completed during wintersday”
- “This achievment can only be completed during season 1”

Boom. 30 seconds of development.

And that was in the game the collection clearly stated could only be done during winters day and they couldent change it when they let people do festival imbibler during the rest of the year it still stated will not be able to be completed after wintersday.

The other ap is that for the spvp season 1 achivement?

All the season ap have been timed wvw season is the only one I can clearly remember so why should spvp seasons be any diffrent?