[Request]: Black Weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I hope I used the proper format in the title.

I would like some weapons that are a really deep, glossy black. We have a few light black weapon collections that are cool, but deeper would be awesome. To give an idea of what I mean, the weapon in my picture is black (Merciless Staff), but I like a weapon that is as dark as my chest armor. Thanks for reading!!

Attachments:

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’d go for black Chaos Weapons. There are some weapons, though, that are darker. The Shadow Weapons are pretty dark, but may not be exactly what you are looking for.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadow_weapon_skins#Gallery

Good luck.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I would love to see black weapons that are as black as the abyss dye. I’m hoping one day too, that Anet will release a dye even blacker than Abyss – like the complete opposite of Permafrost for White. It would be so black that it covers all detail. It would go very well with a set of really black weapons.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

videoboy.4162

I really like the Shadow weapons (I’m using the Staff as we speak), but I’d like something more similar to the Merciless, just really dark. (The Shadow have those really pale accents on them).

Posted by: Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

they should just bite the bullet and let us dye weapons

Posted by: MoarChaos.8320

MoarChaos.8320

Convincing them to make a new set that is featureless is a very hard sell. The current chaos weapons could potentially fill that void for you, but I don’t want to see the backlash for a new set that is basically weapon silhouettes if it’s complete black.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Have you checked out the tormented weapons? They have a glowy magic effect to them but the actual body of the weapon is jet black.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tormented_Staff_Skin

Agreed a thousand times over, they never should have launched without weapons and back items being dyable in the first place. Not the players fault the developers lacked the foresight to see such an incredibly obvious hole in such an important game system. Just put in the bloody work and give us weapon dyes already!

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

They’d have to entirely redo the parts of the game that cover weapons to do that, recolor all the existing ones. And, it would add to the ongoing maintenance, so slow down production of weapon skins

One reason we get a full new set of weapons every 6-8 weeks versus 9 months between armor sets is that they are simpler to create.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

They’d have to entirely redo the parts of the game that cover weapons to do that, recolor all the existing ones. And, it would add to the ongoing maintenance, so slow down production of weapon skins

One reason we get a full new set of weapons every 6-8 weeks versus 9 months between armor sets is that they are simpler to create.

That is incorrect, dye channels are handled by a mapping system, all it would require is that someone go through each existing weapon and draw out a new set of maps for each. That would be time consuming, but the creation of maps for new sculpts is quite intuitive, and would be a hundred times easier than they are for armor anyway, it would add virtually no development time at all.

The hard part would actually have nothing to do with the artistic pipeline for weapons, but would be the creation of the back end systems necessary to support the new functionality.

Still worth it in my opinion, 90% of the end game content rewards in this game are solely cosmetic, you cannot cheap out on such an important system.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I was browsing skins the other day and found one I hadn’t seen before, The Ambush and thought, that’s pretty cool! Then I found it was part of the collection for Chuka and Champawat!

I wish there were more skins like this one, simple but look kitten cool!

videoboy.4162

Ambush looks really cool! I’ll have to work on Chuka and Chamawat soon.