Request - Enhanced Cultural Armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

This whole deal with the Flamekissed armor gave me an idea.
I agree that it’s completely wrong to offer a cultural armor that’s supposed to be exclusive to other races. And it’s worse that it’s cheaper than the normal armor.

However I want the skin because it fits perfectly with the style I’m trying to create for my berserker. I was going to use cultural t3 anyways.

So I think it would be nice if -all- cultural armor could be “enhanced” perhaps making it ascended in the process.
Mystic forge could do this, or alternatively a vendor that can exchange the item for an enhanced version.
There could also be a permanent skin changer that lets you change between normal and different enhanced skins that you craft or buy or something, that of course only works on your cultural armor.
Or perhaps an enhanced cultural armor could be right clicked at and you could change skin that way, like how you can change stats on a legendary.

Because I think that when ascended armor comes, Cultural armor will lose it’s “status” as being the armor you should desire to have. So the possibility to enhance it would change that and enhance the looks in the process. The next step could be to use it as a precursor for legendary armor.

Reuse the flamekissed for one of the enhanced versions of human cultural and make fitting new enhancements for all the other cultural armors.

Personally I’d gladly grind / pay for getting an enhanced cultural armor.

Posted by: ZBeeblebrox.4928

ZBeeblebrox.4928

If Ascended armor looks as bad as what has been datamined, I think you’re wrong that it will be the new “must have” look. Stats, maybe. Look, no. And that’s all cultural armor has ever been for anyway, as it isn’t even exotic.

But sure, if they wanna enhance my asura robo-arm, I’d be game.

I think it would be good for them to release a new set of cultural armors along with ascended armor. For some new looks. Heck, they just need to release more armor period that isn’t cruddy reskins.

Mikuchan.7261

Whether the ascended armor will look good or bad, they are what you are supposed to be wanting since they are the top tier armor.
Sure, I won’t be wanting them either, but that’s not the point.
The point is what the game tells you to want

And I think it would be really nice if you could enhance the cultural armors because in that way, they would for that reason still be the armor that you are supposed to want.
And we’d get (hopefully) good-looking ascended armor… At least I know I would

Posted by: ShinNakon.9085

ShinNakon.9085

I have made 13 ascended weapons so far. Out of those 13 I reskinned 9 with something else. the only one I didn’t bother was on my asuran thief because you can hardly see it.

Mikuchan.7261

Myeah, all my ascended weapons are reskinned too…
And I’m fairly sure that’s what’s going to happen to my armor as well depending on how the leaked armor looks.
But they might have changed it.