[Request] In-Game Dueling

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The way the game is set up with cooperation and boon sharing in PvE means it’s probably more trouble than it’s worth to set up dueling outside of designated PvP areas. You’ll need to duel in PvP, guild halls or WvW if you’re matched against the other person’s server.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

(Still) do not want

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Would it be possible to get a way to duel friendly players in world. Like just, click on their portrait and select duel option.

And also, some way to inspect others armor by also clicking on the portrait. Sometimes, I get curious about others item names and it would be nice to be able to inspect people.

Anet talked about a dueling option in 2012 but that hasn’t been talked about in years. You can just ask people what they’re wearing too

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Just so you’re aware both these requests come up on a very regular basis (once a month at least) and both are very unpopular every time they do.

So this topic is probably not going to receive a good response. And Anet almost never reply except to warn people to stay civil, or to lock the topic when it goes too far.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Just so you’re aware both these requests come up on a very regular basis (once a month at least) and both are very unpopular every time they do.

So this topic is probably not going to receive a good response. And Anet almost never reply except to warn people to stay civil, or to lock the topic when it goes too far.

^ Discussed many times and can be ignored. If the title of the thread actually reflected the subject matter I wouldn’t even have bothered to read it.

Posted by: Emeveila.5798

Emeveila.5798

So I’ve somewhat taken a break from GW2 to play other games for a second. One thing I noticed and that I absolutely love is the ability to request a duel from another player while still in the PvE realm. I think this would be a great addition to Guild Wars 2! It would be so much fun to take a break from PvE and go to an outpost to duel another player for fun without going to the sPvP lobby or going into WvWvW. sPvP is competitive and WvWvW may be too overwhelming for the players that just want to dabble into PvP. Instead, they can test their skill in a 1v1 against a player that accepts their request to duel. Just a thought so if you don’t agree please don’t rage or flame at me. Thought it’ll just make a nice discussion and maybe have a chance of being added to the game. Good luck on your adventures!

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Costume brawl might satisfy you for a substitute:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Costume_Brawl

~EW

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I know you asked for people not to flame you but you should be aware this topic comes up a lot and it’s never popular when it does. The discussion may well remain civil but you’re unlikely to see a lot of support for the idea.

As for me? As long as there’s a way for me to disable it so I can’t get requests and people don’t keep asking in chat I probably wouldn’t mind. I’d prefer it to be kept away from already busy areas like banks, trading posts, and places where events are frequent though.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Emeveila.5798

I agree Danikat. That could get annoying if people spammed requests. And as for the populated areas, I think it would only be best for the duels to happen in the open PvE areas. I just like the idea of a friendly 1v1 without going into sPvP or WvWvW to battle against other players. This is my 2nd time on the forums so I’m sorry if this is a repeated topic.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Oh great, just what I want. I love having trolls spamming me with duel requests. NO.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I remember in aion, 2nd zone and people were requesting duels in verteran. I think I even got a few in poeta lols.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

The search function doesn’t work here, but using a search engine like google to search the forums would have shown the many threads about PvE dueling.
You would have many threads to add your comments to, and would have seen that it appears to a subject that is very controversial, but the consensus seems to be not in PvE ever. There is a place for dueling for those that want to, so go to that area.

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

Why would you want to duel players running pewpew 111 spam dodgin’inaMMOwhogottimeforthat builds?

VoxL, NSPPT

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

As for me? As long as there’s a way for me to disable it so I can’t get requests and people don’t keep asking in chat I probably wouldn’t mind.

This, but I would add that the disable duel requests should, ideally, be toggled on by default. One would have to enable it if one desired to be invited to duel.

Emeveila.5798

I was kind of thinking of a flag system. The dueling flag would be turned off by default but if you want to duel then you turn the duel flag on allowing for you to recieve duel request

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

My opinion on this remains unchanged over the last 4 years that it’s been requested: No thanks.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I was kind of thinking of a flag system. The dueling flag would be turned off by default but if you want to duel then you turn the duel flag on allowing for you to recieve duel request

That would work for me.

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

That would work for me.

Gemstore only and 1000 gems. That way if you want it you can get it and if you don’t have it wannabe duelers can’t say just buy it and duel me.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

That would work for me.

Gemstore only and 1000 gems. That way if you want it you can get it and if you don’t have it wannabe duelers can’t say just buy it and duel me.

I can see something like this being workable, as long as it don’t affect me when I don’t want to use the feature.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

ArenaNet specifically designed PvE to be Anti-Competitive and Pro-Cooperative. So other than costume brawl, it won’t happen, sorry.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]