[Request] Unconventional skins

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

Scythe greatsword

Armguard shield – just some metal plates wrapped around the arm, no actual shield

Crossbow rifle

Parrot shoulderguard – a shoulderguard, but a parrot with animation

Knuckle duster mace

Any more ideas? Something that wouldnt require reinventing animation since anet will definitely not do that. I would pay even if they are gemstore

Posted by: Sister Saxifrage.7361

Sister Saxifrage.7361

I think you’ll see bona fide scythe before you see scythe greatsword. ANet still has access to the GW1 Dervish scythe animations, an incredibly beautiful routine of smooth, continuous arcs and twirls. Look it up on Youtube sometime. No characters except primary Dervishes were ever enabled to do them (secondary Dervishes just swung it back and forth like they were literally harvesting crops, IIRC) but just the existence of those animations means they’ll probably never downgrade to ‘greatsword that looks like a scythe’.

EDIT: I went and looked it up myself, and I think I conflated Dervish combat with the female Dervish dance. It’s still “fancy” but nowhere near the image that was in my memory.

(edited by Sister Saxifrage.7361)

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Shield is a real sore spot for me, sheathed shields are basically the WoW Shoulders of GW2 to me.

I really like your bracer shield idea, especially if it had a really small sheathed footprint.

Maybe a Tron shield type thing? A really, really (, really) [, no really] small disk sheathed on your back and when you equip it, it expands out with 2 rows of 4 quarter circles that hover away from the disc?

Or maybe just a small (did I mention really small, sheathed on your back?) rod and when you grab it to equip it, a translucent (bluish white?) shield forms around the handle.

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

@notebene, there are a couple of shields that you can ‘sheathe’. One is the dreamthistle and another is the plasma. Both condense so there’s minimal clipping with hair. The wiki pages don’t show them very well, but you can preview them in your wardrobe as sheathed or wielded.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

@Kumion, both aren’t small enough, but a lot better. Dreamthistle is interesting, and if it weren’t for the big flower part on top, gets closer to just a skinny rod I’d like to see.

I like how Plasma grows, but it’s about twice as big sheathed as I’d like to see for a circle, and would like to see it more like a transparent little circle that grows into a big transparent circle. Like Mist weapons, but without the smoke, and maybe not purple/pink but a white/blue? I specifically made a Vision of the Mist for my Mesmer way back when so I could find my character under the surfboard.

Still, going to research how to obtain both of those you mentioned, thank you.

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

You might like the improvised weapon skins.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Improvised_weapon_skins