Request: Undestroyable Items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Hello,

after accidently selling an ascended ring with expensive infusion to a vendor – thanks to the support for helping me out here – I think it would be a nice feature to give the players the option to flag any items as undestroyable. These items can then no longer be destroyed or sold.
To remove the undestroyable flag one would have to enter the full name of the item as confirmation.
What do you guys think about this? I think it would be a nice and important feature, because everyone has many items that should never be sold or destroyed, and espacially with the introduction of ascended salvaging errors can happen^^.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: Skittish.4539

Skittish.4539

I think I agree.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

There is already a confirmation dialog…

Posted by: Skittish.4539

Skittish.4539

I find it kind of annoying that selling any ascended stuff to merchants is an option.

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

If you sell an ascended item without even realizing it, that’s your own fault. If you accidently sell something, you can always buy it back from the buy back option at the vendor.

There is also a bag category called ‘invisible bags’, items put in there will not show up in vendor interfaces.

Wasting dev time on a feature like this, eh. You can handle it with the things given ingame already.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

(darn, ninja’d by a minute. :P )

Safe boxes already serve the purpose of protecting items from being sold… and there’s already the requirement to type an item’s name in when you destroy it if it’s a rare quality or rarer.

So, I’m sorry but I think your suggestion would just be adding redundancy to protections already in place.

~EW

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

There is no confirmation dialogue for selling though, and if you are destroying e.g. multiple ascended junk rings that you don’t need, and some important ring is amongst them for some reason, then a confirmation dialogue won’t help anyway.
Regarding the name type stuff that already is in the game, this only exists for a very small number of items, but you cannot chose on your own if you want to have it or not.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

If you sell to a vendor, why didn’t you just use the buyback tab?

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

What was said already: Use Invisible Bags to protect items you don’t want to accidentally sell at a vendor.