Request a copy of PvP PvE split in this forum

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

There is a post in PvP forum where a dev has stated that some PvP/PvE skills will be split in some form stating next fix patch. Could a copy of that post be put on this forum page?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Insert-Dev-Bait-Here/first#post6227666

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Looks like you just did so. Interesting to know this.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I am thinking this will either be deleted or locked because it is pointing something out. Why I want a more formal type of thing.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I sincerely hope the PvE and PvP split happens. And I also hope a lot of the changes to PvE skills, due to PvP, get reverted.

The rangers/druids thank you.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The post is on the Dev Tracker. I don’t see how it could be more official than that. You said you think it will be deleted or locked because it’s “pointing something out”. I think that’s most unlikely. But if you want a reference post, here it is.

(And if it’s deleted there for “pointing something out,” it would be deleted in this forum also. Anet posting it here is hardly an assurance that it will remain in a situation where ANet is deleting their posts because they “pointed something out”)

Balancing SPvP individually——-

- This is probably the single most important change that the SPvP community needs whether you realize it or not. Not only does this make sense, but since SPvP is already isolated, not one change you make here effects the rest of the game. The way it currently works the devs expect us as players to think about the rest of the game before giving changes to a specific game type, however this way of thinking will never create good balance and the reason why is the majority of changes people suggest are obviously only made and will work for Spvp. WvW and PvE are very different in terms of balance and changes for one often conflict with the other two making the change almost meaningless to begin with.

The Lesh Prince recently developed some tech that makes skill-splitting more feasible than it was previously – you’ll see some PvP (and PvE) splits in the next balance update. It’s important to understand that changes will still need to be global, but we’ll definitely have a bit more flexibility moving forward.

Keeping parity between modes when possible is important to us – but when it’s not feasible we’ll look at splits.

edit: that clickbait though

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Get rid of PvP and any thing to do with e-sports, quickly followed by raids being removed and RNG being fixed

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

Get rid of PvP and any thing to do with e-sports, quickly followed by raids being removed and RNG being fixed

As much as I don’t care for tight nit group content I don’t think that’s the best thing to do. I’d rather see them do raids with beta access to maps for a few months as part of an advance Pact force into the maps with exclusive rewards for those raiding into beta maps. Once that period is over they can open the maps up for the rest of us at the standard open world PvE reward levels. They could even make deploying waypoints and such as part of the raid plotline. This would give the high strung players access to the exclusive rewards they feel like they need then eventually giving the rest of us access to explore the maps at a slower pace. I think this would mesh well with the GW2 style and storyline.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

As much as I don’t care for tight nit group content I don’t think that’s the best thing to do. I’d rather see them do raids with beta access to maps for a few months as part of an advance Pact force into the maps with exclusive rewards for those raiding into beta maps. Once that period is over they can open the maps up for the rest of us at the standard open world PvE reward levels. They could even make deploying waypoints and such as part of the raid plotline. This would give the high strung players access to the exclusive rewards they feel like they need then eventually giving the rest of us access to explore the maps at a slower pace. I think this would mesh well with the GW2 style and storyline.

Wouldn’t that be much like Living Story Season One, in that content was only available for a certain amount of time? Though I personally enjoyed it very much, there are still posts lamenting the fact it is no longer available. Just like Kessex Hills, and Lornar’s Pass, the maps are still available with ‘easier’ content, but the previous content is no longer available.

Posted by: Moderator

Locking this thread as it has run its course